Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

FG - Worth Saving?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:35 am

Ronald Binge wrote:

Most of us in Ireland really come from beyond the Pale, even if we live in it.

Yup, it's half the #%&$£€# problem.

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 am

Enda is in a funny position now - what can he really do given that this country mightn't recover for ten shagging years now that's this and another term. Where will he be when the country finally makes an upturn again assuming it'll happen ?

Does the man really want to take on a country now that it's fecked, more or less ? He'll just be shooting his own foot. No more calling for the Govt. to resign - talking about Rock Enda HardPlace...

Can he leave some kind of legacy maybe ? Because if FG get in they won't save the place - they'll just be resented for being at the head of a steenking pile of sheet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:08 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Enda is in a funny position now - what can he really do given that this country mightn't recover for ten shagging years now that's this and another term. Where will he be when the country finally makes an upturn again assuming it'll happen ?

Does the man really want to take on a country now that it's fecked, more or less ? He'll just be shooting his own foot. No more calling for the Govt. to resign - talking about Rock Enda HardPlace...

Can he leave some kind of legacy maybe ? Because if FG get in they won't save the place - they'll just be resented for being at the head of a steenking pile of sheet...
You do the electorate a disservice, they are well capable of understanding the position we are in and why. I believe they are also ready for whatever measures are deemed necessary, from whatever party is in power at that time, so long as there is a measure of fairness & some logic to them.

The reason FG have never been elected for a second consecutive term is not because they were unlucky when they were in Government, but because they were shite when they were in Government.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:20 am

tonys wrote:

You do the electorate a disservice, they are well capable of understanding the position we are in and why. I believe they are also ready for whatever measures are deemed necessary, from whatever party is in power at that time, so long as there is a measure of fairness & some logic to them.

The reason FG have never been elected for a second consecutive term is not because they were unlucky when they were in Government, but because they were shite when they were in Government.

So tonys, you haven't seen too many seventy five year old men who have been Fianna Fail supporters shouting at the television and calling your chief a flipping carnivore [original phrase edited by request] then? Your devotion to the cause is admirable.

Last edited by Ronald Binge on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:23 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
tonys wrote:

So tonys, you haven't seen too many seventy five year old men who have been Fianna Fail supporters shouting at the television and calling your chief a (f----- ---t) then? Your devotion to the cause is admirable.
Over the line there, I think. You guys never learn, do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 1:50 am

tonys wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:
tonys wrote:

So tonys, you haven't seen too many seventy five year old men who have been Fianna Fail supporters shouting at the television and calling your chief a [edited] then? Your devotion to the cause is admirable.

I think tonys you will discover that you cannot take the people for granted, including those who uncritically supported you in the past. What I described happened. All power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 2:54 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
tonys wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:
tonys wrote:

So tonys, you haven't seen too many seventy five year old men who have been Fianna Fail supporters shouting at the television and calling your chief a [edited] then? Your devotion to the cause is admirable.

I think tonys you will discover that you cannot take the people for granted, including those who uncritically supported you in the past. What I described happened. All power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
1. I don’t take anyone for granted (herself has expressed a different view from time to time, but what can you do) I know the electorate will, when the time comes, decide for themselves based on a mixture of national & self interest, where to put their money.

2. No one has ever supported me in the past, again with the exception of herself, but only when it has suited her.

3. What you describe could very well have happened, but I would take it as I take all the voters who will never vote Green again.

4. A watched kettle never boils.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FG - Worth Saving?   FG - Worth Saving? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FG - Worth Saving?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2