Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Stalinists on Politics.ie

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm

cochrane crony or politico? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:31 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Well you pays your money.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Yep this is the kind of stuff that is making it into the upper end of the intellectual spectrum at the moment

http://www.politics.ie/europe/35820-100-irish-our-id.html

Quote :
Eurosceptic:

Like most of us according to the recent eurobarometer poll i am 100% irish but my ID documents say i am european then irish. So i am wondering if there would be opinion out there for rectifying this. I would propose creating high quality stick on green leather covers for our passports with no words european union on them, something to cover over the european crown/european union jack on driving licences, Health insurance cards, car reg plates etc. Perhaps there is already someone working on this (send me a private message if you know). I think there would be a market for this, especially as it should be possible to make these a low cost.

When FT is assuming the role of elder statesman instead of lemon ,and is starting to stand out as calm lucid and reasoned - then you know that its time to be moving on - Im just getting too old,reasoned,patient and middle of the road for that place - Im spending most of my time defending FF economic policy from the lunatic fringe both left and right - then again most of online sites tend to attract people and posters who are quite purist,stubborn in their views and who feel comfortable saying it online and linking up with fellow like minded - mostly negative - they know what they dont like but have an inability? or extreme reluctance to come up with alternatives to the "elitist" status quo - and alternatives that would pass muster with a majority of their fellow citizens out in the real world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:49 pm

was that an actual post????

clearly there is a village somewhere missing its idiot.

reminds me of the ol joe duffy show pisstake:
"there was a woman on from clontarf who wrote in about plastic ketchup bottles. "well joe, you see, my albert likes his ketchup out of a glass bottle but the local spar won't stock them anymore" "ah thats terrible, can someone get on the manager of that spar?...." ad infinitum et ad nauseum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Edo wrote:
When FT is assuming the role of elder statesman instead of lemon ,and is starting to stand out as calm lucid and reasoned - then you know that its time to be moving on

That was kind of a defining realisation for me too. I was OK with FT being a fringe muppet, with his bizarre takes on things, but as you say he's now somewhere in the centre of the p.ie mainstream - and stands out of the increasingly inarticulate run of posters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Politics.ie is a curious beast. It goes through peaks and troughs and I think it is fairly clear that it has been in the trough phase for quite some time now. That said, I still enjoy looking in on it and it still shows flashes of brilliance every now and then. The rough and tumble of debate can be a bit of fun and it is entirely natural that it gets heated or goes over the top at times. I think that 'heat' is something that Machine Nation is unnecessarily afraid of.

I do think the moderation is pretty appalling on politics.ie. There is absolutely no consistency whatsoever and many of the rules (explicit or unwritten) seem to be enforced on a selective and highly erratic manner. David should be commended for taking on considerable legal and personal risk in running such a site but the manner in which he speaks to people does not inspire respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

unaligned wrote:
Politics.ie is a curious beast. It goes through peaks and troughs and I think it is fairly clear that it has been in the trough phase for quite some time now. That said, I still enjoy looking in on it and it still shows flashes of brilliance every now and then. The rough and tumble of debate can be a bit of fun and it is entirely natural that it gets heated or goes over the top at times. I think that 'heat' is something that Machine Nation is unnecessarily afraid of.

I do think the moderation is pretty appalling on politics.ie. There is absolutely no consistency whatsoever and many of the rules (explicit or unwritten) seem to be enforced on a selective and highly erratic manner. David should be commended for taking on considerable legal and personal risk in running such a site but the manner in which he speaks to people does not inspire respect.

I agree with all of that. We haven't had a decent handbagging here since Kate P and I fell out over the fur issue. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:38 pm

I just keep it all in , cactus. One day I will burst. Then you will be sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:46 pm

unaligned wrote:

Completely agree. I found DC's manner atrocious - completely unnecessarily so - even in response to perfectly civil and friendly questions about the site when I was a newbie. What goes round comes round of course and he can be sure that there is a limited market for that sort of arrogance. It was clear for a long time that the FF/FG consensus was generally in favour of trying to marginalise other inputs - what with the advent of closed fora and so forth the writing was/is on the wall. These people CANNOT handle truly democratic discussion. Anyway MN is shaping up very well and the tone here is great. I dont agree with Tonys that there is too much consensus. The range of opinion is just as wide - its just that they insistence on constructive debate is making people reflect more carefully before posting intemperate, dashed-off responses to things. I agree with the idea that people have more in common than not as a general rule. We just prefer to focus on the differences - cf the fractured state of the left Smile

Agree too that DC put up a pretty tough fight when push came to shove re legal demands from Aherns legal crew. What a shower they were too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:00 pm

johnfás wrote:
I just keep it all in , cactus. One day I will burst. Then you will be sorry.

bom affraid Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 pm

cactus flower wrote:
unaligned wrote:

I agree with all of that. We haven't had a decent handbagging here since Kate P and I fell out over the fur issue. Mad

And unfortunately I've come to respect youngdan's knowledge of economics, although not the rather bizarre conclusions he draws as a result of his faith-based position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:23 pm

unaligned wrote:

That's not true unaligned and you know it so shut your mouth and get me my tea you foul pleb! Razz

Furthermore, you placed a preposition at the end of your sentence you illiterate numpty! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

That's not true unaligned and you know it so shut your mouth and get me my tea you foul pleb! Razz

Furthermore, you placed a preposition at the end of your sentence you illiterate numpty! Razz Razz

Thinks *It would take a misplaced preposition to really rile Twisted Evil the Ard Taoiseach*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Thinks *It would take a misplaced preposition to really rile Twisted Evil the Ard Taoiseach*

why would that wind him up? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:23 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Actually, that's not a terminal preposition, but part of the construction of a passive verb - "to be afraid of".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

ibis wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Actually, that's not a terminal preposition, but part of the construction of a passive verb - "to be afraid of".

It would sound nicer if phrased, "of which Machine Nation is unnecessarily afraid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:41 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

It would sound nicer if phrased, "of which Machine Nation is unnecessarily afraid."

I'm with you on that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:45 pm

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

I'm with you on that!

Very Happy Thanks ibis, I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Return to your trough you capitalist pig! pig

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 3:03 am

unaligned wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Razz

And you can get back to scrabbling in the mire you pathetic prole! Smile Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 10:48 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
unaligned wrote:

Razz

And you can get back to scrabbling in the mire you pathetic prole! Smile Wink

Mod: Banned! Banned! Ye're all Banned for Ever and Ever and Don't Expect Me To Tell You Why !!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 11:18 am

zakalwe wrote:

Crony without a shadow of a doubt. The modding was outrageously defensive of FF for a long time - the love affair reached its high point when p.ie was designated the official website of the FF party conference! But along came Lisbon and the lovers fell out. Does Toxic Avenger still post over there? He had the whole Ahern saga bang to rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Aragon wrote:
zakalwe wrote:

Crony without a shadow of a doubt. The modding was outrageously defensive of FF for a long time - the love affair reached its high point when p.ie was designated the official website of the FF party conference! But along came Lisbon and the lovers fell out. Does Toxic Avenger still post over there? He had the whole Ahern saga bang to rights.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 4:39 pm

For me p.ie started going downhill when Cochrane started talking about his 'close sources' during the Ahern tribunal period, he almost predicted the fall of the government on a weekly basis - all based on these 'sources', he was either politically ignorant, naive or disingenuous .
Then to top it all there was the infamous 'FF'er sets off fire alarm in Washington hotel' thread, loosing Cochrane whatever credibility he had left - his filleting by Marian Finnucane was cringe worthy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 4:52 pm

Barbarian wrote:

For me p.ie started going downhill when Cochrane started talking about his 'close sources' during the Ahern tribunal period, he almost predicted the fall of the government on a weekly basis - all based on these 'sources', he was either politically ignorant, naive or disingenuous .
Then to top it all there was the infamous 'FF'er sets off fire alarm in Washington hotel' thread, loosing Cochrane whatever credibility he had left - his filleting by Marian Finnucane was cringe worthy.

The Curious Case of the Alarm Wasn't Set Off In the Night ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stalinists on Politics.ie   The Stalinists on Politics.ie - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stalinists on Politics.ie
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next