Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. Empty
PostSubject: The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.   The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:22 pm

What is it? I really need to know as I am moving on campus soon and would like to perfect mine.

Now I normally add a drop of skimmed milk, butter, a healthy dose of pepper and salt, and work away. It can't be too milky or too dry but that perfect degree of consistency that sits comfortably on the tongue but doesn't scrape the palate. The odd time I'd throw in a few onion cuttings for flavour. On special occasions I'd add in scallions for flavour. I'm still finding it very hard to get right though.

What do you consider to be the perfect mash?

Last edited by riadach on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.   The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 pm

If allowed, my daughter would live off mash.

Her recipe is very much the same as yours: plenty of milk and butter and nicely seasoned. I steam the potatoes so they don't get watery and keep all their vitamin C.

At the end of the day, its at least 50% in the mashing. bounce If you use a masher, trying whisking the mash up with a fork at the end of the process.

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.   The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Her recipe is very much the same as yours: plenty of milk and butter and nicely seasoned. I steam the potatoes so they don't get watery and keep all their vitamin C.

At the end of the day, its at least 50% in the mashing. bounce If you use a masher, trying whisking the mash up with a fork at the end of the process.

Smile

I don't recall ever eating boiled potatoes. Too used to the steamer that I can't imagine how boiling a potato could make it mashable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.   The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:19 pm

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Smile

I don't recall ever eating boiled potatoes. Too used to the steamer that I can't imagine how boiling a potato could make it mashable.

Next Machine Nation poll - steamed or boiled? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.   The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais. Empty

Back to top Go down

The perfect Mash- An Brúitín Bairr fheabhais.
Page 1 of 1