Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 2:51 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I also haven't started Richard Crowley's No Man's Land nor have I finished Marc Coleman's The Best Is Yet To Come which I think I may have permanently misplaced.

You haven't misplaced it. Sidewinder stole it from you in the hope you'd join the bears on P.ie. It's part of their devious plan. Beware!

I wonder if he stole my nail clippers too?

pale silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Meant Prospect, not Progress above (Mark Leonard). Ignore any posts I do after 11pm - past my bedtime and guaranteed gibberish!

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10078
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2008 12:40 am

I think it's time to slip between the sheets again. To avoid conflict I would very much wish to keep this and the book club thread separate. Though it may well provide seeds for that thread.

Anyway, on with the show. I started Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged this week. I've read some of her philosophy stuff and also The Fountainhead. I didn't realise quite how long the book is, but I'm hooked so I will have to finish it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:34 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Anyway, on with the show. I started Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged this week. I've read some of her philosophy stuff and also The Fountainhead. I didn't realise quite how long the book is, but I'm hooked so I will have to finish it.

I'd quite like to read that book. It's one of my great future conquests. Keep me posted on how it goes and I think I'll crack some of my book vouchers to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Aye, it's been on the "one of those books I have to read" list for some time. I was buying some other stuff in Hodges and Figgis and I ended up filling up my loyalty card which reduced it to €4.95 so I bought it. Thus far (I'm about 10% through it's 1000+ pahes) it's great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 am

So I went book shopping today. When I set out I had one book in mind and I ended up 4. The book I set out to buy was A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif. To make up the third book in the 3 for 2 offer I bought The Best of Myles by Flann O'Brien. I shouldn't have as I seem became the crazy man laughing loudly on the train on the way home. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 pm

Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman and Stephen King's On Writing turned me into the crazy woman laughing loudly on the bus and Luas respectively.

I can't recommend King enough - The first half is pants-wettingly hilarious, the second part is worth reading from a writer's point of view and the bit at the end where he talks about the car accident that almost killed him (he was knocked down while walking) is positively inspiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Started The Reagan Diaries today, it's bloody fascinating. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.   Between the sheets with Cookiemonster. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Between the sheets with Cookiemonster.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2