Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

When Will Ahern Go?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:05 am

cookiemonster wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Speech day is April 30th.

What are you going to write on the placard.
(John 10:16 won't get much coverage)

FUCK OFF BERTIE AHERN!

That might be a bit cryptic for the Yanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:08 am

What about,

Jesus hates you Bart O'Hearn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 2:56 am

Kate P wrote:
Nothing is coming up at the Tribunal that Bertie doesn't know about. And there's probably quite a bit that hasn't come up that he does know about.

Very good point...and he may well have spent much of the last few years planning against the day.

Kate P wrote:
If you look at the way he set up the coalition, you have to hand it to the man that he is more skilled at group manipulation than financial shenanigans. Everyone around him has their hands tied.

If there was a likelihood of something very damning leaking out, he'd be gone by now. He'll deliver Lisbon, say his work is done and move on, with all the sh$t you can throw him dripping from his yellow teflon suit.

Frankly, considering the difficulty I had recently trying to get copies of cheques from 2005, the likelihood of there being a real paper trail is low to none. Without a paper trail, it's word against word, and Bertie, in many people's eyes, 'overswears' his critics - if you know the Brehon expression.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:32 am

Without a paper trail, it's word against word, and Bertie, in many people's eyes, 'overswears' his critics

Is there not a paper trail already with Des O'Neill gently strolling/panting furiously(delete as appropriate) up it?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:59 am

ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Nothing is coming up at the Tribunal that Bertie doesn't know about. And there's probably quite a bit that hasn't come up that he does know about.

Very good point...and he may well have spent much of the last few years planning against the day.

Kate P wrote:
If you look at the way he set up the coalition, you have to hand it to the man that he is more skilled at group manipulation than financial shenanigans. Everyone around him has their hands tied.

If there was a likelihood of something very damning leaking out, he'd be gone by now. He'll deliver Lisbon, say his work is done and move on, with all the sh$t you can throw him dripping from his yellow teflon suit.

Frankly, considering the difficulty I had recently trying to get copies of cheques from 2005, the likelihood of there being a real paper trail is low to none. Without a paper trail, it's word against word, and Bertie, in many people's eyes, 'overswears' his critics - if you know the Brehon expression.

Quite honestly, I disagree with everything you both have said there.

I think:

I will hand him nothing.
There is stuff he hasn't thought of.
There is still an adequate paper trail.
They will get him.
He ordered the coalition, not negotiate it.
They will get him (again)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:01 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Without a paper trail, it's word against word, and Bertie, in many people's eyes, 'overswears' his critics

Is there not a paper trail already with Des O'Neill gently strolling/panting furiously(delete as appropriate) up it?

Seathrún, I think Des has the goods. He is just abiding by tribunal legislation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:06 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Seathrún, I think Des has the goods. He is just abiding by tribunal legislation.

As a former trout-tickler myself that man looks like he could cajole a pike into a pan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:17 am

Quite honestly, I disagree with everything you both have said there.

Sadly I don't.

I think:

I will hand him nothing.
There is stuff he hasn't thought of.
There is still an adequate paper trail.
They will get him.
He ordered the coalition, not negotiate it.
They will get him (again)

They never really got Haughey either.

"He's the most skilful, the most devious, the most cunning of them all."

Haughey wasn't dumb and, despite evidence to the contrary,neither is Bertie. He knows well what he is doing and knows well what he's done. 

If they or anybody has the ammo to get him they would have done so 
by now. The only thing agains him is the war of attrition againt him which
 limits the time he has left but by no means dictates when he goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:24 am

I'd say Dessie boy has more ammo than Albania
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Will Ahern Go?   When Will Ahern Go? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When Will Ahern Go?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2