Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 am

I split this thread out, primarily because I want to keep some record of the trials and tribulations.
I will post any info. I glean on the RLOD problem.

Does breathing in and out fix playstations ?
I'll go for a drink with anyone who can fix playstations.

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:53 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

No, it does something better, it fixes you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 am

Your ps3? Did you download that 2.40 update or something?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:15 pm

riadach wrote:

I did a firmware upgrade a few months ago alright and all was fine. I don't remember what revision it was.
On thursday last I switched it on and I got 'THE RED BLINKING LIGHT OF DEATH'.
It's 2 months out of warranty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 pm

You could take up knitting, EVM. It's very therapeutic and you'll be spared the prospect of ever seeing another red, blinking light of death.

Knitting is the new play-stationing.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Kate P wrote:
You could take up knitting, EVM. It's very therapeutic and you'll be spared the prospect of ever seeing another red, blinking light of death.

Knitting is the new play-stationing.

Oh I did the knitting scene years ago...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:11 pm

riadach wrote:

I did a firmware upgrade a few months ago alright and all was fine. I don't remember what revision it was.

There was a firmware upgrade in the beginning of July that caused a lot of problems. It deleted the harddrives on a lot of ps3s. Your best bet is to contact sony and perhaps they can give you a step by step guide to restoring it. There was also rumours that GTAIV destroyed a few PS3s to boot.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 pm

riadach wrote:
riadach wrote:

There was a firmware upgrade in the beginning of July that caused a lot of problems. It deleted the harddrives on a lot of ps3s. Your best bet is to contact sony and perhaps they can give you a step by step guide to restoring it. There was also rumours that GTAIV destroyed a few PS3s to boot.

I did talk to Sony, and they kind of shrugged their shoulders and said the warranty is up - tough titty. Anyway, I've already taken it to bits. Cool So no chance there. Based on my reading so far there was a problem with the early 60 Gig versions which Sony have strenuously denied. I will make them eat PS3s by the time I'm done with them. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I heard rumours about the launch models too. Can you not still get it fixed and pay sony to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 pm

riadach wrote:
I heard rumours about the launch models too. Can you not still get it fixed and pay sony to fix it?

Apparently Sony do not do repairs, only exchanges.

I have found and called a console repair outfit in Dublin, who reacted as if the problem was as familiar as a cup of tea. I will go there if I cannot fix it myself first.

Strangely, this is the best fun I've had with the PS3 since I got it. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

riadach wrote:

Apparently Sony do not do repairs, only exchanges.

I have found and called a console repair outfit in Dublin, who reacted as if the problem was as familiar as a cup of tea. I will go there if I cannot fix it myself first.

I have an Xbox 360 and it hasn't put a foot wrong since I got it two years ago. I'd buy that before Sony's folly. They havent't done a good thing since the Vaio. Sony has lost its way.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:30 pm

So, to the problem.

HERE I have found a bill of materials for a PS3. No ref designators unfortunately. It took a lot of googling to find it, but it is very valuable.

Straight off there are 7 thermal fuses and 3 integrated temperature monitors. These I will check first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm

MS FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 pm

MS FTW ? Microsoft First To the Wall when the revolution starts ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

I'm advocating for Xbox's benefit here. I love my 360, it hums so serenely when I use it.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

I'm advocating for Xbox's benefit here. I love my 360, it hums so serenely when I use it.

OH REALLY ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

OH REALLY ?

I don't know about that. The Xbox I have is fantastic. No troubles whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

One in four xboxs fail, one in 20 playstations do. You've heard of the red circles of death, haven't you?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Xbox-360-3-Red-Circles-Of-Death---Doom---Dissimilar-Classes&id=1162022
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Have you tried swearing at it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:40 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

One in four xboxs fail, one in 20 playstations do. You've heard of the red circles of death, haven't you?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Xbox-360-3-Red-Circles-Of-Death---Doom---Dissimilar-Classes&id=1162022

Oh whatever. I've watched hours of West Wing DVDs on my machine and it works like a dream. I've no trouble with my Xbox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:01 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

SOny=Epic fail.

MS Xbox= brilliant.

Oh whatever. I've watched hours of West Wing DVDs on my machine and it works like a dream. I've no trouble with my Xbox.

Mmmmm, West Wing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:04 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Mmmmm, West Wing.

What a Face I know! I dedicated the lion's share of my Bank Holiday Weekend to a thrilling jaunt through the fifth year of the Bartlet Administration. It's like a good chat with an old friend. The dialogue is so fresh, the humour so sharp, the characters so developed, the policy crises so thoroughly expositions I sigh in admiration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:08 am

I bought an Xbox for GTA4 and haven't had many problems with it.
I did kick it by accident while the disk was in and it ruined the disk, but I brought it back to where I bought it and they changed it without asking questions.
I think the Playstation 3 has so much more potential than the Xbox but there aren't enough good games. Also it's too expensive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 am

AfricanDave wrote:

I think the Playstation 3 has so much more potential than the Xbox but there aren't enough good games. Also it's too expensive

Definitely. I'dve been a PS man up to the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out. I think Sony have dropped the ball on this one. They may stage a comeback with the PS4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:21 am

I've got a PS2 and a Wii... I feel fairly fulfilled by them. The only game I play on the Playstation is the Jonah Lomu Rugby and the Pro Evolution Soccer games. I rarely use the Wii - it isn't in fact mine, but my brother's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD   Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 woes - 3 Beeps and RLOD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next