Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Future of the Machine Nation ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

The Future of the Machine Nation ? Empty
PostSubject: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Is this site intended to be permanent if P.ie is dead?

Will it keep going in the event of a P.ie revival?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:05 pm

cactus flower wrote:

I think it should. It's a much more comfier atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:36 pm

I can't think of any reason why it can't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:50 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Leaving those and many other noxious possibilities aside, is it a lot to ask of the site's Onlie Begetters Audi Cool and Evotingmachine pirat to sustain it ? It is a popup ad free zone: are there costs? If someone set up a P.O. Box no I would send half my pocket money this week.

I also find it comfier, and did not like the irrational deity aspect of P.ie, nor its evident tolerance of wholesale incursions from the the UK facist right. But I miss some of the head to head stuff that came with the party political posters. I learned a lot in a short time from posters of all kinds.

Can machinenation set up fora for the political organisations, or would that be premature?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:19 am

I haven't a clue what's going to happen with this place but I hope it lasts. It's good enough so far though I wonder do we need a bit more knifing and biting and handbagging around the place to get people riled up...? As long as it's responsible then it can't be bad.

It's a free site and I can switch on the ads if you want.

I learned rakes of stuff from p.ie too and I hope we get a similar atmosphere here eventually but it could take a while.

I'd prefer if there were no party organisation forums though if people ever come to discuss Northern Ireland then I suppose we should have a NI forum.

By all means wear your party insignia - you're in Anarchist Land here so wear what you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 pm

How quickly you forget P.ie ... you b'st**ds

Still, move on and all that.. farao

(Love the new smilies)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:37 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Much and all that I appreciate this refuge whilst P.ie is offline, I very much look forward to the return of P.ie.
That being said,however, I cannot see any reason why this forum should not continue;after all, competition is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm

i don't know how you can compare a site with handful of users to p.ie

of course it comfier no-ones here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:46 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
i don't realy how you can compare a site with handful of users to p.ie

of course it confier no-ones here

This is so true lostexpectation, we are rattling around in here. I suppose a problem is uncertainty as to whether and when P.ie will ever revive. Even if we knew for sure it that it won't, i don't know what it would take to develop a full-scale political forum of similar scale. I guess it could not be done overnight.

Evotingmachine and Auditor did a magnificent rescue job, but we are essentially sitting on a little life raft isolated from the wider universe.

I feel strongly that even with its various difficulties P.ie provided a very valuable debate space and I would hate to see that gone for good.

It is all the more frustrating because of the world is going very wobbly at the moment and needs a lot of posters to work things out.

I will try ringing DC tomorrow.

Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:08 pm

riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

And of course the Jewish Banking NWO conspiracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

For some reason (perhaps the 'cookie' bit) I read that as the Jewish Baking Conspiracy. Now I want a bagel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:33 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

Fuist, you're not supposed to know.

Jesus I can't tell you anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:51 pm

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

For some reason (perhaps the 'cookie' bit) I read that as the Jewish Baking Conspiracy. Now I want a bagel.

Anyone ever wonder by 'classic bagels' have bacon in them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:58 pm

riadach wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

I try not to wonder about bagels at all if I can wonder about cookies instead.

A more important question might be whether anyone has wondered why bagels don't have chocolate in them Cool

Cookies are a torrid, brief but memorable affair whereas bagels are a long and tedious commitment. "still chewing, after all these years" I think is the theme song Paul Simon might have written for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 am

Kate P wrote:
riadach wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

I could think of a few,

nuclear holocaust,

mass genocide,

the free masons.

I try not to wonder about bagels at all if I can wonder about cookies instead.

A more important question might be whether anyone has wondered why bagels don't have chocolate in them Cool

Cookies are a torrid, brief but memorable affair whereas bagels are a long and tedious commitment. "still chewing, after all these years" I think is the theme song Paul Simon might have written for them.

That's why I consider it a conspiracy. It's not right or normal to want a bagel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:30 am

you can't underestimate p.ie and dc, its annoying he hasn't keeping people informed, it'll be back in week or two and all will forgiven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 am

lostexpectation wrote:
you can't underestimate p.ie and dc, its annoying he hasn't keeping people informed, it'll be back in week or two and all will forgiven.

I think he's busy destroying Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:02 am

lostexpectation - a week or two? how do you know that?

as cookiemonster says the man is caught up in sabotaging Lisbon agreements... p.ie is down for months if not forever because no-one has a clue why it's down at all do they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:15 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
lostexpectation - a week or two? how do you know that?

as cookiemonster says the man is caught up in sabotaging Lisbon agreements... p.ie is down for months if not forever because no-one has a clue why it's down at all do they?

Indeed, it's been a week or two already. However, I expect that it will be back up. DC gave no sign of having packed in the game, although I'm slightly surprised by the complete lack of any information.

Meanwhile, this place is now 40 posters. I'm quite impressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:17 am

Very Happy I made it

Many were lost, but I got out alive.

Thank God I've found you cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:48 am

johnfás wrote:
Very Happy I made it

Many were lost, but I got out alive.

Thank God I've found you cheers

bounce Tá fáilte romhat. Someone will be along with a cup of tea for you in a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:50 am

Weyhey !!! cheers

johnfás sorry we're all out of teabags as we were only expecting a few bodies. How's this? (sorry .. )

The Future of the Machine Nation ? Teabag

Now, you are a poster who would be hard to find I'd say - we've been out on the net looking for lost people, up and down forums left right and centralist looking for people. YOu are a good surprise. Welcome !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

I learned rakes of stuff from p.ie too and I hope we get a similar atmosphere here eventually but it could take a while.

I'd prefer if there were no party organisation forums though if people ever come to discuss Northern Ireland then I suppose we should have a NI forum.

By all means wear your party insignia - you're in Anarchist Land here so wear what you like.

Sounds good, Didn't like the party forums and the cliques that were implicit there. Have to hand it to the mods and their moderating policy DGDS. hope we keep it that smple here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Yes the DGDS rule was simple and will apply here. It had the benefit that posters, being adults, evoked it automatically without the intervention of moderators. We were all there for a good rant and head-banging session now and then and we had a responsibility to mind our space. I think we largely did that but I just wonder on those Bertie/Tribunal threads whether it went off the rails ...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Machine Nation ?   The Future of the Machine Nation ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Machine Nation ?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next