Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

iGarda-uGarda

Go down 
AuthorMessage

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:24 pm

So I've entered into discussion with a potential new employer and all things are looking well. However I will be subject to a full Garda background check, on which a satisfactory outcome the job is pending. What exactly does this entail? Anybody?
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I did one this year. Its fairly standard, they ask your local Garda station to provide a document indicating that you've never been charged or convicted of a crime.

I understand that it is not an all or nothing process.
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
So I've entered into discussion with a potential new employer and all things are looking well. However I will be subject to a full Garda background check, on which a satisfactory outcome the job is pending. What exactly does this entail? Anybody?

Congratulations unaligned - good luck. I'd say if you have managed to avoid getting involved in bank raids and hiring professional assassins you'll be in the clear Very Happy
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:26 pm

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Congratulations unaligned - good luck. I'd say if you have managed to avoid getting involved in bank raids and hiring professional assassins you'll be in the clear Very Happy
How about getting myself involved in a shady CIA backed plot to destroy Europe? 
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Doomed to work in the insurance industry, until let out for good behaviour.
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 pm

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Doomed to work in the insurance industry, until let out for good behaviour.
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.........
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 am

A friend had one done so that he could do some part time work in a school - but it took ages; you're really at the discretion of the Gardaí, there's no time-frame within which they have to have it done. If you know a Garda or if your folks do, it would push things along nicely. Better to go to local Gardaí than bigger main station if possible.
Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Well I'm not a criminal! WOHOO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iGarda-uGarda Empty
PostSubject: Re: iGarda-uGarda   iGarda-uGarda Empty

Back to top Go down

iGarda-uGarda
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum