Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... Empty
PostSubject: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 am

An idea has been floated for a musicals thread. Well given that most clips from musicals would be found on Youtube I thought I would simply set up a thread for people to embed Youtube videos. Feel free to post whatever you want, whether it is comic, romantic, musical, though provoking or whatever. It would be good if you could give a bit of an explanation as to why you were posting it and then we can share in your thoughts or fun. Just please don't post offensive material, might have to delete it if it is.

Enjoy!

Last edited by johnfás on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:11 am

I'll get the ball rolling. This is clips of a DVD of a lecture tour by Rob Bell of Mars Hill Church in the USA. Bell has a very interesting way of looking at, and explaining his point of view. He has been involved in the creation of a Nooma, a series of short films which are meant to be Christian based, yet engaging and thought provoking in a 'secular' world. Bell and his Church have however come in for great criticism from many 'traditionalists' and 'evangelicals' within the Church who question his biblical credentials.

Anyway, take a look. I will warn you that there are five clips here, each of 10 minutes so it will take you a while. Also, before you embark on it, whichever tool uploaded these onto Youtube forgot (intentionally or not) to upload the final sixth clip, so you won't actually see the end... without spending $20 on the DVD of course! But anyway, some people might find them interesting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:44 am

This never fails to give me goosebumps - it's not the best version, but it seems to be the only one on Youtube, which by the way, is giving me all kinds of hassle when embedding.

So I'll just link it instead.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 am

Les Misérables is a fantastic musical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 am

I saw Les Mis in Swedish in the Gothenburg Opera House a number of years. The venue was stunning - and the set magnificent as you can imagine when they have this kind of space and technology to play with.

Quote :
The main stage is 500 square metres, while the stage opening is 20 metres (66 ft) high and 9 metres (30 ft) wide. There are four movable platforms that each can carry a weight of 15 tons. The stage can be lit by 1000 spotlights with 250 automatic color scrollers and 900 dimmer lights.
from here on wiki.

It doesn't say how deep the stage is, but they worked a huge wall, from which Cosette sang Castle on a Cloud and part of which was the back wall for the bar setting for Master of the House.

But few things come close to Colm Wilkinson. I'd love to have seen him sing that live. Rónan Collins plays a studio version quite regularly on the radio and it's so pure and perfect, it makes me want to cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 am

It is indeed, but as Kate P said, sorry but that really isn't the best version is it, jeez, is that really Colm C.T.???

It has prob been at least 8 yrs since I saw Les Mis so am definitely due another visit. Don't know where it's on at the mo, "Spamalot" is now on at Cambridge Circus where Les Mis used to be for yrs and yrs.

The other must-see of this year for anyone in London is "Wicked". Shameful I haven't been yet, but will get there soon. Def must-see from theatre friends I trust ... as is Spamalot from friends in the business who have worked on it. It's on in a prominent theatre so guess it's still going well.

The last one I need tickets for (not a musical) but prob already long sold out is "Black Watch" in the Barbican about the Black Watch brigade from Scotland, currently still serving in Iraq.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:27 am

On my travels, whilst trying to find an eclectic Christmas present I came across Noggin the Nog. That voice I could listen to for hours and there is a certain charm about the animations and stories.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:33 am

um, my last post crossed with kate P's last post and contradicts re Colm C.T. - i rem. Colm from my time still living and studying at home ( Embarassed long time ago, I know), but sorry, am perfectly willing to put it down to my laptop reception (main really good Dell computer not linked up at the moment) but I just didn't enjoy that Colm CT rendition) ....

Last edited by Atticus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 am

Kate P wrote:
I saw Les Mis in Swedish in the Gothenburg Opera House a number of years.
I saw it in the point. And it was still good. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 am

thanks Squire for Noggin the Nog, amazing how you came across that. V good friend of database encroachment thread always going on about Noggin the Nog but had never heard of or seen it.

Last edited by Atticus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp of subject name)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 am

Atticus

There are sites that sell the books and CDs. The Dradon friendly Society, I think. (Well what else would it be). I like to get young children presents that are slightly different and there is something very stylish about Noggin. There is a warmth about it and the choice of words is often quite good. In the dark night that is very long,........One year the summer was bright and the autumn was rich and fruitful. It is good simply use of language and it conjures up an image.

Last edited by Squire on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYXWAZmPfI No explination necessary really.

Last edited by Kate P on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Separate link from sentence to make link work.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYXWAZmPfINo explination necessary really. 

Which video Pinga has hicups? Or Sabastian's Voodoo?

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix Squire's YouTube embed.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:42 am

That's from the early sixties, the generation who tried to imitate the Americans without much distance. The guy improved later though, by imitating Bob Dylan. And he stopped dancing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 am

Squire wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYXWAZmPfINo explination necessary really.

Which video Pinga has hicups? Or Sabastian's Voodoo?

Sabastian's Voodoo is a stunning little film - thanks for that, Squire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 am

arnaudherve wrote:
That's from the early sixties, the generation who tried to imitate the Americans without much distance. The guy improved later though, by imitating Bob Dylan. And he stopped dancing.

That's a dance around the kitchen tune for while you're emptying the dishwasher, arnaudherve.

But the dancing answers a lot of questions; it's a style perfected by a certain kind of man, more idenfitiable by his rural heritage than his age or any other characteristic. It is to be seen at weddings and nightclubs all over the country here. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:32 am

arnaudherve wrote:

He dances, dare I say it, as though he has a mild form of parkinsons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:16 pm

If it's videos in medieval ruins that floats your boat.......there aint nobody beats
the Flirtations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:48 pm

Squire wrote:
On my travels, whilst trying to find an eclectic Christmas present I came across Noggin the Nog. That voice I could listen to for hours and there is a certain charm about the animations and stories.

Thank you for that, The Saga of Noggin the Nog was a small part of my childhood. The music as well as the speaking is entrancing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:57 am

Who'd have thought it possible...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:05 am

johnfás wrote:
Who'd have thought it possible...

That, johnfás, is beautiful. It's strengthened my faith in the innate goodness of the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:07 am

Great video but I kept expecting to see a head playfully nipped off Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

cactus flower wrote:
Great video but I kept expecting to see a head playfully nipped off Shocked

That is an outside possibility. When was that video taken? In the teeth of the McEnroe era at Wimbledon I'd wager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:19 am

Pretty hairy all right.

Our kitten, about the weight of a paw of one of those lions, is not in any doubt that we are food and hangs on to which ever bit of us she can get her teeth or claws into until gravity prevails.

She is obviously made of sterner stuff than the lions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....   I Tube, You Tube, We Tube.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I Tube, You Tube, We Tube....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: