Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:13 am

A brand new news site has just opened up for business. LINK

It's very first article can be found here. Tis about the antiwar vigil held outside the GPO yesterday and has some nice pictures.

A shameless plug, I know. But I never said I was anything more than a chancer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Hermes wrote:
A brand new news site has just opened up for business. LINK

It's very first article can be found here. Tis about the antiwar vigil held outside the GPO yesterday and has some nice pictures.

A shameless plug, I know. But I never said I was anything more than a chancer. Wink

Well done Hermes. I'm sure a link to the portal could be arranged.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Good luck with the forum Hermes - there's a link now here on the left just under ThePin. I'll drop over there for scones and tay now and then - I like scones with jam and cream - we've set a bit of a precedent here with the welcomes you know - new forum makers will have some high bar to jump over. How about a Hawaii-style welcome Aloha flowers and so on?

Speaking of news sites, the link to the irish times NEW site is also fixed.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Cheers guys.

Have you been keeping tabs on how well Machine Nation is doing. Check out THIS under the various categories. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Hermes wrote:
Cheers guys.

Have you been keeping tabs on how well Machine Nation is doing. Check out THIS under the various categories. Congrats.
That's the first time I saw that - that looks like we need to change the message there looks a bit idiotic Shocked

We're really doing well for points which are given for frequency of posting, amount of different posters and regularity I believe
http://www.forumotion.com/en/Society-and-Culture/Various-218-0-point-desc-m.htm

It's just a pity there isn't a measurement of quality - I'm sure we'd be first Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Cheers guys.

Have you been keeping tabs on how well Machine Nation is doing. Check out THIS under the various categories. Congrats.
That's the first time I saw that - that looks like we need to change the message there looks a bit idiotic Shocked

We're really doing well for points which are given for frequency of posting, amount of different posters and regularity I believe
http://www.forumotion.com/en/Society-and-Culture/Various-218-0-point-desc-m.htm

It's just a pity there isn't a measurement of quality - I'm sure we'd be first Razz

We are the emergent superpower of the Forumotion. That fact is now reflected in the statistics.

Hermes' forum is an immediate candidate for affiliate status methinks. Our citizen's independent efforts must be assisted and engaged with the Motherland.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Hermes' forum is an immediate candidate for affiliate status methinks. Our citizen's independent efforts must be assisted and engaged with the Motherland.
Well I second that. If you have an image, Hermes, then you can have a link next to the Cedar Lounge or above it or below it. Up to you. If you haven't got an image I can take a photo of The Pit header and put it up anyway.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Hermes' forum is an immediate candidate for affiliate status methinks. Our citizen's independent efforts must be assisted and engaged with the Motherland.
Well I second that. If you have an image, Hermes, then you can have a link next to the Cedar Lounge or above it or below it. Up to you. If you haven't got an image I can take a photo of The Pit header and put it up anyway.

Great stuff Boss. I think it's great that Hermes is starting up his own forum. He'll get some members we missed and that could lead them to register here. We can set up an array of inter-locking co-operative spheres under the benign hegemony of the Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 pm

The message does look a little strange. Very Happy

Can't argue with success though. Forumotion hosts a lot of forums, and to be on the front page of all the polls is some achievement. And at number 2 in the points section too!

We're growing nicely indeed, and not a single casualty in the process. Google gives 8,530 hits for the phrase "machine nation" and we're in the top spot.

If there was a 'master plan' it seems to be coming along rather well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Hermes' forum is an immediate candidate for affiliate status methinks. Our citizen's independent efforts must be assisted and engaged with the Motherland.
Well I second that. If you have an image, Hermes, then you can have a link next to the Cedar Lounge or above it or below it. Up to you. If you haven't got an image I can take a photo of The Pit header and put it up anyway.

Many thanks guys. Fraid I don't have an image yet. I've been setting it up for the last couple of months and have been able to spend about half an hour a week on it.

I have to go away this weekend but have pencilled in Monday night to make it all look beautiful (if I can come to terms with the interface). I'll also link back to MN when I figure out how to add links (figured it out once but haven't been able to find where I did it since Rolling Eyes ). Twould be a privelege to be under the Cedar Lounge.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Hermes wrote:


Many thanks guys. Fraid I don't have an image yet. I've been setting it up for the last couple of months and have been able to spend about half an hour a week on it.

Hermes, congratulations on the birth of your new site. I envisage a bright and cheery future for the Pit. I think it too will join Machine Nation in the top rank of Forumotion fora.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks AT.

I don't think it'll last long enough though to rank at the same level as MN.

The site will be taking potshots at powerful folk with no punches pulled. Forumotion will be urged to remove it. (Hence my decision not to try my experiment on MN) By that time, there will be a new site ready to be launched with opensource software on its own domain. The current site is mostly an experiment to try and arrive at a workable combination of output and moderation. And of course to gather a few citizen journalists. I'm pretty sure that after next week there should be a fairly constant stream of news stories flowing, from all over the country and planet.

Ahh well, aim high and allow for the drop. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Hermes wrote:
Thanks AT.

You're very welcome Hermes.


Quote :
Ahh well, aim high and allow for the drop. Wink

Ah, I see. This is the first blow in the Revolution!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Our only real competition seems to be this site

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/17/60/83/cd_cov10.jpg

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Btw Hermes - why The Pit ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:18 pm

http://www.liberian-village.com/

Have a look at this Audi.... deadly eh!

Sorry Hermes, well off topic now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 pm

cactus flower wrote:
http://www.liberian-village.com/

Have a look at this Audi.... deadly eh!

Sorry Hermes, well off topic now.
That's a cute enough site - I love the social networking panel on the portal with all the links iconised - can we get ours iconised EVM ?? I want some Ecogeek and Treehugger icons...

Their portal definitely looks cooler than ours - love the hut pitcher. Do ye think we could make 132 instant black pen pals by introducing ourselves ? Might be a scoop to get them all involved in the Myers debate ... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Btw Hermes - why The Pit ?

Tis a term associated with the area where miners toil. A good journalist is like a miner and not afraid of the dirt. I've sometimes heard the area where journalists work in an office referred to as the 'pit.'

Don't worry about going off topic on this particular thread, methinks it could never have conformed to a linear path once it started.

I'm enjoying it, it was nice to be able to bring good news about our ratings.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Hermes wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Btw Hermes - why The Pit ?

Tis a term associated with the area where miners toil. A good journalist is like a miner and not afraid of the dirt. I've sometimes heard the area where journalists work in an office referred to as the 'pit.'

Don't worry about going off topic on this particular thread, methinks it could never have conformed to a linear path once it started.

I'm enjoying it, it was nice to be able to bring good news about our ratings.

Hey Hermes!

Well done. Off to register and contribute as soon as poss. Hope it goes well I skipped over there earlier - good report and good to see Ciaron O' Reilly still hard at work - an admirable person. What you need now is a good PR campaign and a five year plan Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Aragon wrote:

Hey Hermes!

Well done. Off to register and contribute as soon as poss. Hope it goes well I skipped over there earlier - good report and good to see Ciaron O' Reilly still hard at work - an admirable person. What you need now is a good PR campaign and a five year plan Wink
I got there before ya. I wanna be the first to open a new topic I wanna be the first I wanna ...

it's very nice and shiny though - I don't want to smudge it Shocked

I like the layout Hermes - it's very simple and functional and you have very importantly put a whole forum entitled 'Moderating the New Media' ...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:


Their portal definitely looks cooler than ours - love the hut pitcher. Do ye think we could make 132 instant black pen pals by introducing ourselves ? Might be a scoop to get them all involved in the Myers debate ... What a Face

I don't like all the ads on it though, it makes the place overly visually arresting. Machine Nation is mellow and enticing.

We could open up links, but through a proxy.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:18 pm

H
Registered but was told not authorised to post - very possible this is user error but couldnt make out why???
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:31 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:


Their portal definitely looks cooler than ours - love the hut pitcher. Do ye think we could make 132 instant black pen pals by introducing ourselves ? Might be a scoop to get them all involved in the Myers debate ... What a Face

I don't like all the ads on it though, it makes the place overly visually arresting. Machine Nation is mellow and enticing.

We could open up links, but through a proxy.

I just visited the Liberian welcome thread... they give you some kanyan pepper from the farm there cherry , instead of tea!

It is a nice girly site with lots of sofas. I might just hop over and visit sometimes when things here get very gadgety.

I registered on arnaud's No facebook this morning, but was too shy to be the first to comment. Does it have a link?
Also, it didn't recognise my real name (cactus) so I had to register as Candice Flower (yughh)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Aragon wrote:
H
Registered but was told not authorised to post - very possible this is user error but couldnt make out why???

There have been a few folks who tried to register, but the link they received via confirmation email wouldn't allow them to confirm their membership - am currently trying to figure that one out.

Your registration managed to get through. Are you sure you logged on before you tried to post?

Will have a look and see if you got an automatic ban or something. Laughing

I'll email you if I find a fault - might be a while mind you - I'm still having fun figuring out the interface.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:42 pm

Quote :
Your registration managed to get through. Are you sure you logged on before you tried to post?

Spotted Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO   

Back to top Go down
 
New news site and first article about antiwar vigil outside GPO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» From CBI site - A special article by Iraqi Central Bank Governor Mr. Ali Mohsen Al-allaq (Rethinking the structure and presentation of the General State budget in the macroeconomic framework)
» Details of a new agreement with the United States of America Read more: http://www.iraqi.dk/news/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36351:2012-09-03-00-33-27&catid=101:2009-08-03-21-12-30&Itemid=375#.UEZCm9YiYeg#ixzz25Xwli6vl
» my unexpected news
» The government allocated 172 billion Iraqi dinars for the implementation of Article 140
» DMIT, Article in One Leading Newspaper in INDIA

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: Local and Regional-
Jump to: