Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Council of State Election 2008

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Council of State Election 2008 Vote_lcap17%Council of State Election 2008 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
AfricanDave
Council of State Election 2008 Vote_lcap30%Council of State Election 2008 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
EvotingMachine0197
Council of State Election 2008 Vote_lcap30%Council of State Election 2008 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
SeathrúnCeitinn
Council of State Election 2008 Vote_lcap22%Council of State Election 2008 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Council of State Election 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Fógra

Is comhthionól comhairle í an chomhairle stáit a thabharfaidh moltaí, comhairle agus treoir don Rialtas ar chur le chéile dúnghaoise. Beidh an comhairle comhdhéanta as sé ball atá roghnaithe ó Chomhlathas Náisíúnta Máisín. Beidh triúr acu tofa ag an gComhlathas Náisiúnta Maisín agus beidh an triúr eile roghnaithe ag an Taoiseach.

Le go mbeifeá id iarratasóir ar thoghchán na Comhairle Stáit, ní mór do naisiúnach Máisín eile cuidiú le d'ainmniú.

Más mian le hAire reatha a bheith tofa don Chomhairle, ní mór dó scoir óna oifig an lá sula bhfógrófar toradh an toghcháin.

The Council of State is an advisory body which will advise and guide the Government on policy formation. The Council will compose 6 members drawn from the Machine National Commonwealth. Three of these will be elected by the Machine National Commonwealth while the remaining three shall be selected by an Taoiseach.

In order to become a candidate for election to the Council of State you must have your nomination seconded by another Machine National.

If a sitting Minister wishes to be elected to the Council, they must resign from office the day before the declaration of the election result.

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 pm

So does anyone want to become a Councillor of State? There are benefits.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Does it involve doing any work ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Does it involve doing any work ?

Not if the Taoiseach and his Cabinet have a harmonious relationship and work-rate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm

An bhfuil pinsean sa bhreis le fáil leis an phost seo? Má tá.......
Cuirim m'ainm chun tosaigh mar bhall.

Vótáil 'Seathrún Ceitinn'.Vótálfadh sé duit
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 pm

I nominate Seathrún.

Will this be like a mini Senate then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Tugaim m'ainmniúchán do............ag drumadóireacht..............anáil isteach............do..............d'Evotingmachine0197
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm

I nominate Seathrún.

Yes, I feel that when we take over the Dáil and impose our rule that we need an institutional infrastructure there to put into place. This is part of the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I nominate Seathrún.

Yes, I feel that when we take over the Dáil and impose our rule that we need an institutional infrastructure there to put into place. This is part of the process.

......takes old uniform from low boy............brazzoes up machine nation medals.......pins to chest a la Michael in Ryan's Daughter.........flirts sheepishly with one's self in looking glass.........bolts upright to attention.........patriarchal glance to the populace..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Do we have to wait for this A-T to be complete before we set out our programme for government?

Or do prepare something suitably ambitious and let them figure out ways of implementing it all?

Seathrún, haven't you been warned that the Tánaiste has a thing about men in uniform? Be afraid, be very afraid....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm

If Kate P gets to find out there are men in uniform here, there will be lots of girlish giggles and excitement I think. Embarassed Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I nominate Seathrún.

......takes old uniform from low boy............brazzoes up machine nation medals.......pins to chest a la Michael in Ryan's Daughter.........flirts sheepishly with one's self in looking glass.........bolts upright to attention.........patriarchal glance to the populace..........

Smile That's the spirit, Seathrún!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm

Kate P wrote:
Do we have to wait for this A-T to be complete before we set out our programme for government?

Or do prepare something suitably ambitious and let them figure out ways of implementing it all?

Seathrún, haven't you been warned that the Tánaiste has a thing about men in uniform? Be afraid, be very afraid....

Quote :
If Kate P gets to find out there are men in uniform here, there will be lots of girlish giggles and excitement I think. Embarassed Surprised

Crossed posts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Kate P wrote:

I will derobe, so, that'll temper ye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:15 pm

This, of course, is what I mean.

Council of State Election 2008 Jsi0022l
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Kate P wrote:

I'd like to get a list of 3+ candidates for the Council of State. Once we have three people who have nominated themselves and have their nomination seconded, I will load their names into a poll which the Machine Nation will have the opportunity to vote in over 6 days.

Then, on the day of the election, the three most popular candidates will be elevated to the Council and I will make my nominations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

I'd like to get a list of 3+ candidates for the Council of State. Once we have three people who have nominated themselves and have their nomination seconded, I will load their names into a poll which the Machine Nation will have the opportunity to vote in over 6 days.

Then, on the day of the election, the three most popular candidates will be elevated to the Council and I will make my nominations.

No need to provide political answers to your second in command, Boss. Wink

Do we work on the programme for government before or after you get to do your manly, undemocratic thing (time I would have thought for a look at how one gets a place in the lower house, but nobody asked...) and nominate your buddies for well paid jobs on the road to Commissionerships?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:

No need to provide political answers to your second in command, Boss. Wink

Righteo.

Quote :
Do we work on the programme for government before or after you get to do your manly, undemocratic thing (time I would have thought for a look at how one gets a place in the lower house, but nobody asked...) and nominate your buddies for well paid jobs on the road to Commissionerships?

Once the Council of State is elected, we can begin the development of the Programme for Government. Our time is at hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 pm

I nominate Seathrún.

It would be unpardonably arrogant of me to ignore the will of the people....

Vótáil 'Seathrún Ceitinn'. Athair Achair Achrannach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Athair Achair Achrannach, father of the complicated area?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

lets say intricate. We don't want to complicate things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:41 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

lets say intricate. We don't want to complicate things

OK then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Seathrún and EvotingMachine are already candidates. Is there any more interest? It'll be a great honour to be a Councillor of State.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 am

I'd like to nominate CookieMonster, he'd be a great Councillor of State.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 12:13 am

Kate P wrote:
I'd like to nominate CookieMonster, he'd be a great Councillor of State.
I'd accept, only as soon as I am appointed the Council would be plunged into crisis and would have to be dissolved. I therefore respectfully decline you nomination. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Council of State Election 2008   Council of State Election 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next