Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

No. 1 Augustus Encrowned
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
No.2 Cicero Denounces Catiline
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No.3 Captain Picard/Locutus of Borg
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
No.4 cookiemonster's nomination.(current one)
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
No.5 Auditor's nomination.(Goggled child)
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
No.6 Kate P's nomination.(Darth Vader)
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:33 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
When does the poll close. Can't be long now.

It lasts till Saturday, EvotingMachine. I added it on Monday to run for six days so it should close by Saturday afternoon when a winner will become clear.

So let's say Saturday at 6PM. Have you arranged for the ballot boxes to be returned to Machine Castle for the count ? I suggest you get your Minister for Internal Security to conduct an audit on the safety and security of all matters relating to Saturdays box collection and count. Have you appointed a Returning Officer yet?

Oh, BTW, I can count them if you like ? I was made for that. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:39 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
When does the poll close. Can't be long now.

It lasts till Saturday, EvotingMachine. I added it on Monday to run for six days so it should close by Saturday afternoon when a winner will become clear.

So let's say Saturday at 6PM. Have you arranged for the ballot boxes to be returned to Machine Castle for the count ? I suggest you get your Minister for Internal Security to conduct an audit on the safety and security of all matters relating to Saturdays box collection and count. Have you appointed a Returning Officer yet?

I shall be there on hand to go to the Machine Castle to await the result where indeed it will be announced. The Minister for Justice, MikeW, will also be on hand to ensure all shenanigans will be met with crushing force. In terms of a Returning Officer, I feel that Auditor will be an excellent person for the role.

Quote :
Oh, BTW, I can count them if you like ? I was made for that. Cool

Smile I invite you to, I want this result to be not for me, but for Machine Nation. I want invlovement of all the people in this occasion of State.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:43 am

If it turns out to be Dark Vader then you don't have to use the standard one here - we can shrink any picture of the Sith Lord down to Avatar size if you don't know how to manage it yourself already. There are really cool ones out there - this for example:

Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Darth_10
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:46 am

Auditor would be an excellent choice.

So on Saturday after MikeW safely transits the boxes to Machine Castle, I shall count the ballots - including any spoiled. I will calculate the turnout and inform Auditor immediately. Auditor will then have to declare whether the election is valid or not, based on the constitutional requirement for a minimum of 18 ballots.

In the event of it it being valid, I shall proceed to count the ballots, less any spoiled ballots. I will then forward the result to Auditor for declaration at the Castle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
If it turns out to be Dark Vader then you don't have to use the standard one here - we can shrink any picture of the Sith Lord down to Avatar size if you don't know how to manage it yourself already. There are really cool ones out there - this for example:

I know how to manage that. When I was messing about when getting my current avatar, I learnt how to get pictures from the web and put them in as my avatar.

Quote :
Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Darth_10

That one is pretty cool. I may exercise Taoiseach prerogative to use that as my new avatar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 am

Auditor would be an excellent choice.

So on Saturday after MikeW safely transits the boxes to Machine Castle, I shall count the ballots - including any spoiled. I will calculate the turnout and inform Auditor immediately. Auditor will then have to declare whether the election is valid or not, based on the constitutional requirement for a minimum of 18 ballots.

In the event of it it being valid, I shall proceed to count the ballots, less any spoiled ballots. I will then forward the result to Auditor for declaration at the Castle.

Great stuff, EvotingMachine! Also, as Minister for Statistical Affairs, I would like you yourself to keep an account of the result for future comparisons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:50 am

18 b-

Why 18 ? do we need to get other people in here to vote ? The United Nations Security Council only has 5 bozos sitting around a table... The G7 only has 8 dudes sitting around a table (well, Sarkozy is more of a creep)

Why 18 ?

Shocked (gasp)

is to do with Combat 18?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
If it turns out to be Dark Vader then you don't have to use the standard one here - we can shrink any picture of the Sith Lord down to Avatar size if you don't know how to manage it yourself already.
I voted for Darth Vadar on the assumption that it was the one Art-Taoiseach used to have as an avatar.
If you go and use some other Darth Vadar I will consider my vote to have been cast based on false promises and demand another election.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:56 am

Hmmm. (as ibis would say)

There are several possibilities here....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:58 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
18 b-

Why 18 ? do we need to get other people in here to vote ? The United Nations Security Council only has 5 bozos sitting around a table... The G7 only has 8 dudes sitting around a table (well, Sarkozy is more of a creep)

Why 18 ?

Shocked (gasp)

is to do with Combat 18?

The line has to be drawn somewhere. 18 is a nice number. It has lots of factors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:01 am

If I were to go for another Darth Vader avatar and others protest, we could simply move ahead under enhanced co-operation where I would keep the avatar I selected while those against it could simply re-negotiate their position in the Machine Nation and gain an opt-out from seeing my avatar.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Why 18 ?

Yours is not to reason why...

I made it up. And had a Machine Referendum one night last week when nobody was on. So it's constitutional now.

What's that ?

What constitution did you say ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:05 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Why 18 ?

Yours is not to reason why...

I made it up. And had a Machine Referendum one night last week when nobody was on. So it's constitutional now.

What's that ?

What constitution did you say ?

Our constitution is like the British one. It is invisible. We decide what does and does not exist in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:05 am

AfricanDave wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
If it turns out to be Dark Vader then you don't have to use the standard one here - we can shrink any picture of the Sith Lord down to Avatar size if you don't know how to manage it yourself already.
I voted for Darth Vadar on the assumption that it was the one Art-Taoiseach used to have as an avatar.
If you go and use some other Darth Vadar I will consider my vote to have been cast based on false promises and demand another election.
Ooh I really didn't think of that that does complicate things a bit. We could have a vote on a range of Dark Vaders afterwards or would everyone have voter fatigue by then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 am

I think all cards need to be layed on the table before the election.
If I'm asked to vote on a range of Darth Vadars after the election I could decide that I don't like any of the other ones and I would prefer Cicero or Augustus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ooh I really didn't think of that that does complicate things a bit. We could have a vote on a range of Dark Vaders afterwards or would everyone have voter fatigue by then ?

In the group PM it should be clear which Darth Vader avatar will be selected. I respect AfricanDave's views in this regard.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

If I were to go for another Darth Vader avatar and others protest, we could simply move ahead under enhanced co-operation where I would keep the avatar I selected while those against it could simply re-negotiate their position in the Machine Nation and gain an opt-out from seeing my avatar.

Shhh. That kind of talk could severely impact your popularity if it got out.

An easier out would be for me to make a statement on saturday saying the provision that required an election was invalid because I was tortured into doing so by an assimilating machine from another planet.
Would that wash ?

Or I could say I was pissed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Shhh. That kind of talk could severely impact your popularity if it got out.

I'm surmising. It's one of the options which is under constant review.

Quote :
An easier out would be for me to make a statement on saturday saying the provision that required an election was invalid because I was tortured into doing so by an assimilating machine from another planet.
Would that wash ?

MikeW can make it wash.

Quote :
Or I could say I was pissed?

Smile Hmmm...

We need Hermes here to give a legal opinion in his capacity as AG.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 am

AfricanDave wrote:
I think all cards need to be layed on the table before the election.
If I'm asked to vote on a range of Darth Vadars after the election I could decide that I don't like any of the other ones and I would prefer Cicero or Augustus.

FOGRA
The ballot papers have already gone to press.
There is no intention of adding additional
Darth Vaders to the ballot at this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 am

That's good to hear.
I was starting to think this election was going to be some kind of sham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:17 am

AfricanDave wrote:
That's good to hear.

*haughty splutter* Sham!? Never! I am a democrat and will do my utmost to represent the will of the people.

This election reflects this driving principle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:19 am

Well, there was talk of extra candidates being added after all votes were cast. This isn't normal democratic practice.
It's ok though. We're all in agreement that no extra Darth Vadars are going to be added to the ballot.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:20 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
AfricanDave wrote:
That's good to hear.

*haughty splutter* Sham!? Never! I am a democrat and will do my utmost to represent the will of the people.

Did you get that from Gordon Brown ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
AfricanDave wrote:
That's good to hear.

Although, since I'm doing the counting, I can alter my program to reflect a higher vote for ...ohhh...your own favourite..... Shocked ...at a price of course...the electorate would never know. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 am

AfricanDave wrote:
Well, there was talk of extra candidates being added after all votes were cast. This isn't normal democratic practice.
It's ok though. We're all in agreement that no extra Darth Vadars are going to be added to the ballot.

Yep, I read a press release confirming that Dave. It's just the opposition trying to grab headlines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008   Taoiseach Avatar Election 2008 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next