Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Empty
PostSubject: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm

20 years since as I last saw him. Hoping not to wait another 20 but as he gracefully but sadly told me from the stage that he didn't "have 20 years left in him." He was better than i remember in the Stadium at the 7pm and 9pm shows in 88. And he played for longer and with as much style and energy as I recall in '78.
I would kill, well..., to be that stylish, sexy and cool when I am 60 never to mind 70.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 pm

I was there on Saturday myself. It was fantastic though I could not find the Ely Wine Bar stand. I had to content myself with Mojitos and Heineken.

Leonard was absolutely brilliant. It was 10 times better than I expected and I was really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Coolest? This man would have something to say about that!

Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Nm_chuck_norris_070704_ms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

He used to be on my chess team at school. We called him 'Chuckles'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:57 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

He used to be on my chess team at school. We called him 'Chuckles'

I sincerely doubt that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Sean_connery_2

I know it's a cliché but...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 pm

But can he sing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Helium Three wrote:
But can he sing?

Did you never see Darby O'Gill? He can't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 pm

In a literal sense has to be Wim Hof
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 am

Eek! Well he fits one half of the bill...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 am

Speaking as a straight male I can honestly say that Leonard Cohen is and has always been, to me, by far the sexiest and most seductive man alive.
Have a look at this interview from 1966....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYWpFfCHfM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 am

A fine interview by a smart interviewer. Thanks a million for the link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 am

It is a very good interview, and it's plain to see how he's charming the pants off her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:10 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
Speaking as a straight male I can honestly say that Leonard Cohen is and has always been, to me, by far the sexiest and most seductive man alive.
Have a look at this interview from 1966....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYWpFfCHfM

Fascinating. And what is truly alluring is the evolution over the 40 years of that bemused, confident, humility.

Funny old world.

Met Iggy a few years back and he was calling me Sir. I felt like a Dad talking to a toubled, albeit gracious, teenager.

After Leonard's performance, as a straight man too, i could happily chant "lover, lover, lover come back to me."

Now could Mr Hi-Taoi pop off to a tribunal and take Norris with him. Actually David too!
I'm over my admiration from back in the day when he was taking the views of the parents of those COIR retards on and has become too much of a shreaking shrew in recent days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Kev Bar wrote:

Now could Mr Hi-Taoi pop off to a tribunal and take Norris with him. Actually David too!
I'm over my admiration from back in the day when he was taking the views of the parents of those COIR retards on and has become too much of a shreaking shrew in recent days.

Eh, is mise Ard-Taoiseach, agus ná bí ag messáil liom!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:37 pm

The initials are the same but there's nobody cooler or sexier than this man
Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Larryc10

No other man nor beast could master a stepladder pose or indeed make a pioneer pin seem so hip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm

No other man nor beast could master a stepladder pose or indeed make a pioneer pin seem so hip

SeathrúnCeitinn
Tool-Master's Apprentice Stage I

Cad a dheanfamiid feasta gan hipster adhmaid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kev Bar wrote:

Eh, is mise Ard-Taoiseach, agus ná bí ag messáil liom!

I don't mess with fringes like yours. Slan. And talking about cool - am offf to play the man who is U.N.C.L.E.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Kev Bar wrote:

SeathrúnCeitinn
Tool-Master's Apprentice Stage I

As ár meabhracha a rachaimid........Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Crazyl10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:11 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kev Bar wrote:

As ár meabhracha a rachaimid........Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive Crazyl10

a rachaimid??? Imithe cheana fein, ni doigh liom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kev Bar wrote:

a rachaimid??? Imithe cheana fein, ni doigh liom

i do thuairimse agus i dtuairim mo dhochtúra ach.......dar leis an ardphúca......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Ní raibh mé ábalta dul... ní raibh an t-airgead agam... seans go gcabróidh mo bhrón, mar sin, mise a bheith mar an 'next Leonard' - má thosnaím ag scríobh cúpla amhrán Razz

seans go gcabróidh - maybe __ will help
mo bhrón - my sorrow
a bheith - to be
'next Leonard' - lucky f*cker
má thosnaím ag scríobh - if I start writing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive   Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
 I had to content myself with Mojitos and Heineken.
That must have been awful
Back to top Go down

Leonard Cohen - The Sexiest, Coolest Man Alive
Page 1 of 1