Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 

Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am

cookiemonster wrote:
molly bloom aka cactus f wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Because we were the only ones who could.

Yes, but why were we the only ones to have a referendum?
Because they didn't think we would.

They did think that, but the answer is because our Constitution dictates that we do so.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am

So who decided that we would, the AG?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:23 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
So who decided that we would, the AG?

I presume that it would be the AG who advised that we would need one. The judges in the Crotty case were really the people who 'decided' that we would.

I would dearly love to see the AG's advice to the government. I have my own theories as to why Lisbon requires a referendum (as opposed to needing one, politically), but they are theories (admittedly, so would the AG's opinion be, but it would hopefully be a far better informed opinion!).

Last edited by ibis on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:25 am

You're all so literal Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Last edited by molly bloom aka cactus f on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp !)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 am

molly bloom aka cactus f wrote:
Your all so literal Rolling Eyes Very Happy

What about our all so literal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:27 am

And prosy. And nit picking. Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?   

Back to top Go down

Why is Ireland the Only State to Say No?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2