Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

'Níl' Looks mighty - like it

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it Empty
PostSubject: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Reactions? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Yeh, it's lost big time. 55-45 maybe ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:56 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeh, it's lost big time. 55-45 maybe ?

That sounds about right. Was our pre-poll more accurate than the exit? Wink

Heavy no's in Donegal by the sound of it. Mary of Dungloe(well,.. eh ..Inver) didn't produce the goods
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 pm

It looks like the No vote has won. I am only disappointed because I think the american arms industry may have had an influence.

If we did not sign up to this Treaty then I cannot see what we would sign up to? Perhaps if a protocol was put in to say no increase in Military spending by Ireland could be required and a protocol on corporation tax. Apart from that I cannot see any possible better deal.

I would be on for clearing up the military spending issue but I think any move in relation to corporation tax will actually be seen as bare naked greed and will actually dent our political capital with the rest of the peoples of the EU (forgetting about the politicians). I would not be impressed if another country were to do the same.

If the rest of Europe decide to move on without us then I think that would make sense. At some stage the EU has to move ahead other than by consensus. The "you'll be left behind" threat is hollow at this stage. If they don't actually leave us behind then their credibility will be shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Tony Benn delighted ...(paraphrasing)...that England had to depend on Ireland to deliver her freedoms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 pm

For a man that once described a political opponent as sounding like a "monsignor on a bad line from Medugorje", Pat Rabbitte is doing a good job in emulating him on Pat Kenny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 pm

As a matter of interest, do both sides have to get equal coverage after the election or can RTE now proceed to freeze out Ganley/Libertas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
As a matter of interest, do both sides have to get equal coverage after the election or can RTE now proceed to freeze out Ganley/Libertas?

Pat Kenny is bullin. Still in denial , attackin No side and letting the doomsday merchants have free rein
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Ganley was on a few minutes ago.

I would find this No victory a bit easier to take if I didn't dislike McKenna and Ganley as much as I do.

WTF is all this nonsense about France and Holland already rejecting. Is Ireland still supposed to do what everyone else does ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:12 pm

What did Ganley say EVM ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:
What did Ganley say EVM ?

Blah blah blah blah blah ...victory for democracy...people have spoken....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I would find this No victory a bit easier to take if I didn't dislike McKenna and Ganley as much as I do.

WTF is all this nonsense about France and Holland already rejecting. Is Ireland still supposed to do what everyone else does ? Rolling Eyes

I'm not too fond of McKenna and Ganley myself but it's worth it alone to hear Mickey Marty nearly cryin on the radio. Senior-prefect-outside-headmaster's-office stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:16 pm

He always forgets about the contries that approved it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:

He always forgets about the contries that approved it Rolling Eyes

He does, and he forgets that France voted for Sarkozy knowing he would not have a referendum on the Treaty.

However, we would all do well to remember that it was meant to be a unanimous decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Fianna Fáil , both Dermot Ahern and Mickey Marty, blaming it on conscription.......who came up with that excuse....hilarious entertainment

And now Dobbo on the tv is taking up the same baton..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:47 pm

The people have spoken, the bastards!

What's that line from Goebbels about lies again? I think it's particularly apt in this situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm

RTÉ are predicting an upsurge in Yes votes.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0613/eulisbon.html

Herself hasn't sung yet lads, let's not make fools of ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:51 pm

If this conscription line is the retreat position Fianna Fáil are bang out of ideas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

53-47 in Laois Offaly

Laois Against 48 -52
Offaly For 57-53

So on the basis of the final tally figures, it looks like the Taoiseach has managed to carry Lisbon in his own constituency. But only 51% turnout overall (55% Offaly and 50% Laois).

Will post more as I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
If this conscription line is the retreat position Fianna Fáil are bang out of ideas

You said it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Kate P wrote:
53-47 in Laois Offaly

Laois Against 48 -52
Offaly For 57-53

So on the basis of the final tally figures, it looks like the Taoiseach has managed to carry Lisbon in his own constituency. But only 51% turnout overall (55% Offaly and 50% Laois).

Will post more as I know.

Cheers for that Kate P. What is the atmosphere at the count centre? .....Sorry I have to go to our correspondent in Clare.... Auditor #9......Are you there? Auditor #9.......well we seem to have some difficulties there.......
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 pm

The news was pretty negative. It's easier to say which look likely to vote yes: Kildare, Laois-Offaly, Meath East, and three Dublin constituencies; the rest can go and join Norway There was a good turnout but it worked against the Yes vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Keeping an eye on Lisbon Today   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:50 pm

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0605/breaking84.html

Results being updated here
http://www.referendum.ie/current/resultsummary.asp?ballotid=78

905 wrote:

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Results being updated here
http://www.referendum.ie/current/resultsummary.asp?ballotid=78

905 wrote:

RTE is now predicting rejection

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Níl' Looks mighty - like it   'Níl'  Looks mighty - like it Empty

Back to top Go down

'Níl' Looks mighty - like it
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: The Open Europe Forum-
Jump to: