Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

One of those days...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

One of those days... Empty
PostSubject: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 pm

2 deaths, a hospital, greeving families, Investigations, A finance company, Gardaí, Saving an innocent man from financial ruin (and relying of TPs to do it), empty promises, no lunch, a ever filling inbox and no sleeping in tomorrow.

I need a beer, some chocolate and a hug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Something to take your mind off it all

translating parts of our Charter into Irish
Finding a good international solar map
contributing your deepest views to the mod discussion
organising our Treaty links
finding some more wind windows to the world - I'd love Germany's if you could cook that one up.

Only tough love here I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
2 deaths, a hospital, greeving families, Investigations, A finance company, Gardaí, Saving an innocent man from financial ruin (and relying of TPs to do it), empty promises, no lunch, a ever filling inbox and no sleeping in tomorrow.

I need a beer, some chocolate and a hug.

One of those days... Beoir10One of those days... Seacla10One of those days... Hug10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn > Auditor #9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:21 pm

You could try the new facilities in the Decontamination Chamber...

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/places-f1/the-decontamination-chamber-t478-25.htm#19198
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you're so down, cookiemonster.

Imo, you are the wittiest contributor both here and on P.ie. Your posts crackle with intelligence, humour and a great sense of timing.

Your contribution to this society here on the Machine Nation, on P.ie and everywhere else is weighty, educated, and as I say above, leavened with a great sense of humour.

A forum with a cookiemonster is a forum enriched, a forum without is diminished.

As well as looking to yourself, and how much you've got to give, look outwards and look to Our Lord. He is always listening and will always be there as a source of guidance, sustenance and support.

Whenever I'm down, I've only to look to God, pray to Him and everything feels better.

I'll be thinking of you and I myself will pray for you. Meanwhile, here are some more of those earthly sources of comfort that you are asking for:

One of those days... Weissbier_BBB One of those days... T_montezumaplainjane

One of those days... 698730420_6e079ad43e
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that you're so down, cookiemonster.

Imo, you are the wittiest contributor both here and on P.ie. Your posts crackle with intelligence, humour and a great sense of timing.

Your contribution to this society here on the Machine Nation, on P.ie and everywhere else is weighty, educated, and as I say above, leavened with a great sense of humour.

A forum with a cookiemonster is a forum enriched, a forum without is diminished.

As well as looking to yourself, and how much you've got to give, look outwards and look to Our Lord. He is always listening and will always be there as a source of guidance, sustenance and support.

Whenever I'm down, I've only to look to God, pray to Him and everything feels better.

I'll be thinking of you and I myself will pray for you. Meanwhile, here are some more of those earthly sources of comfort that you are asking for:

One of those days... Weissbier_BBB One of those days... T_montezumaplainjane

One of those days... 698730420_6e079ad43e

Thanks but never mind me, AT. Say a prayer for the families of the two blokes who were killed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Might you feel better Cookiemonster if you electrified us with one of those rare and magical Hidden Cookiemonster posts I used to love on p.ie. Rare as white truffles they were - and we're all nice people here, intelligent, witty, wise and well moderated.

How about starting a thread on the Arab Israeli conflict, which I know you have strong feelings about? We could do with one, and no better cuddly thing to start it than yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:58 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

Thanks but never mind me, AT. Say a prayer for the families of the two blokes who were killed.

I will indeed. I'll do that at Mass this Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm off for a few days as my daughter is in hospital again, outside the country this time, and I'll be hopping on a plane to join her.

Have a good week everyone, hope it stops raining on you.

Cheers and see you soon

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Take care, cf - I hope all goes well with your daughter. Keep in touch and let us know how things are - I'll keep a candle lighting for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 11:57 pm

Best of luck CF - hope all goes well for you and yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Edo wrote:
Best of luck CF - hope all goes well for you and yours.

Thanks Edo, appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:17 am

Very best of luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 am

cactus flower wrote:
I'm off for a few days as my daughter is in hospital again, outside the country this time, and I'll be hopping on a plane to join her.

Have a good week everyone, hope it stops raining on you.

Cheers and see you soon

cheers

I'll be including you and yours in my Angelus' dedications. God be with you cactus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of those days...   One of those days... Empty

Back to top Go down

One of those days...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: