Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Seathrún you turn up out of the blue and suddenly there's another No vote to Lisbon ... is the thing going to pass? (typical thursday evening pub talk down our way)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Seathrún you turn up out of the blue and suddenly there's another No vote to Lisbon ... is the thing going to pass? (typical thursday evening pub talk down our way)

If by 'going to pass' you mean hangover , I would say keep buyin the booze and I'll keep my brief..

If by 'going to pass' you mean the Lisburn Treaty, I would guess that Machine Nation's current poll is an uncanny prediction......ehm....cough
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Nice double picture of the former Taoiseach on the Tribunal thread. If Bertie hadn't been kicked out in the Spring there do you think that the Treaty of Lisbians would have even less of a chance of passing?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Nice double picture of the former Taoiseach on the Tribunal thread. If Bertie hadn't been kicked out in the Spring there do you think that the Treaty of Lisbians would have even less of a chance of passing?

The no side still get a late boost from Bertie "roastin' in the middle, like a herrin' on the gridle"
What way do you think it will go?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 pm

There were ten of us here last night for the monthly bookclub gathering chez Kate P; 2 members of IFA voting yes because they will be guided by the organisation, 2 still don't know, 6 definite No voters.

The vast majority of responses to a discussion on a radio station I was listening to today were from No voters.

It's fecked.

Hello Seathrún - always good to see you hereabouts.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:42 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
The no side still get a late boost from Bertie "roastin' in the middle, like a herrin' on the gridle"
What way do you think it will go?
A lot of the people I've spoken to seem to be voting no but I think the yes people are keeping their mouths shut because it's a dirty little secret i.e. it's an unpopular choice generally.

I'm hoping people will swing to the No on the day but I don't think they will somehow - the farmers coming out supporting it and economists and all sorts... The hierarchy will issue a papal Bull or whatever they do next week urging for a Yes and that'll be that... I fear.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
The no side still get a late boost from Bertie "roastin' in the middle, like a herrin' on the gridle"
What way do you think it will go?
A lot of the people I've spoken to seem to be voting no but I think the yes people are keeping their mouths shut because it's a dirty little secret i.e. it's an unpopular choice generally.

I'm hoping people will swing to the No on the day but I don't think they will somehow - the farmers coming out supporting it and economists and all sorts... The hierarchy will issue a papal Bull or whatever they do next week urging for a Yes and that'll be that... I fear.

I hear quite a lot of people not talking about it at all. If it rains like it did just now, I'd say we'll be the only voters out.


Last edited by cactus flower on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:50 pm

I changed from don't know to cautious YES last week. I'm a definite YES now. John Bruton V Paraic McLaughlin(SF) this morning wrapped it up for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I changed from don't know to cautious YES last week. I'm a definite YES now. John Bruton V Paraic McLaughlin(SF) this morning wrapped it up for me.
How?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Yes how? at this stage my brains are so addled with the uncertainties that only an evening of RTE tv might soothe them down again.

Did anyone hear the stuff on Newstalk and RTE radio about the discrepancies between the White Paper and the Referendum Commission on QMVs ? What did you make of it?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I changed from don't know to cautious YES last week. I'm a definite YES now. John Bruton V Paraic McLaughlin(SF) this morning wrapped it up for me.
How?

Well, all a bit esoteric I think. I just needed people to push some buttons to give me some confidence in my vote. And I got good vibes from Bruton this morning, and the Shinner was banging away at the same stuff, most of which I have gradually rejected as exaggeration / guesswork / paranoia or plain old BS.

Or maybe I was subconsciously more open to the Yessies to begin with ?

Also, I read more stuff on the RefCom site today which I liked, or agreed with or did not have an objection to. I particularly like the Solidarity Clause...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 pm

See our Poll. 100 votes from 93 members. Thats a 107% turnout. Not bad eh ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 pm

It was said today that the RefCom site leaves out a pile of new QMV items that are listed in the White Paper. Anyone got any idea which if either is right?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Don't know Cactus.

These links are to the QMV papers on refcom site. Where is the white paper ?

Existing QMV areas (RefCom)

Lisbon Changes from unanimity to QMV (Refcom)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Should I split this last page out to a new thread ? cyclops

Edit : Too late - I just did !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Mama mia

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=36379
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Should I split this last page out to a new thread ? cyclops

Edit : Too late - I just did !

I was tooo drunk. Did we move this conversation outside? Did I go out for a smoke?

Is that poll for tomorrow's Times accurate? If so let the carnival begin
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 pm

Poll confirmed on 9 News. Holy Smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Poll confirmed on 9 News. Holy Smoke.

Dya think that priest from Donegal swung it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Poll confirmed on 9 News. Holy Smoke.

Dya think that priest from Donegal swung it? Wink

What Priest Seathrún?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 am

cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Poll confirmed on 9 News. Holy Smoke.

Dya think that priest from Donegal swung it? Wink

What Priest Seathrún?

This boyo here
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:20 am

Bejaysus SeathrúnCeitinn, you haven't wasted time when you were away, you have brought some nice little presents back with you.

btw - his sermon strangely reminded me of Declan Ganley's interview in the Hibernian.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:37 am

Dammit, now I'm conflicted again. It's a very bad poll for the Yes side a week before the referendum, but it's so going to help me make a sale tomorrow...!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 am

ibis wrote:
Dammit, now I'm conflicted again. It's a very bad poll for the Yes side a week before the referendum, but it's so going to help me make a sale tomorrow...!

Good luck Ibis - no better man for it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:11 am

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
Dammit, now I'm conflicted again. It's a very bad poll for the Yes side a week before the referendum, but it's so going to help me make a sale tomorrow...!

Good luck Ibis - no better man for it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin   

Back to top Go down
 
Lisbon stuff - split from Sibin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Stuff Snow Queen----FRANSKI WAS MUCH BETTER
» Green stuff for your head
» could i have a soul split
» What baby stuff do I need for my reborn baby?
» Why do soulmates have to split up life and life?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: The Open Europe Forum-
Jump to: