Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Building a Barbecue

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:16 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I saw it the day after it premiered in Vue Liffey Valley. It was on the biggest screen so there was fantastic visual and sound quality.

Stickey floors! Stickey floors!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 am

Quote :
Indiana Jones is brilliant

And Harrison Ford doesn't look a day older than he did in the last film. Great as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:19 am

Just been scaring the drawers off myself watching scary COIR videos - who are these nutters ?

Before that, lovely sputnik barbecue under apple tree - monkfish and baby tomato kebabs and roasted bananas. And strawberries and icecream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Is that in fashion now where you are? Money in the hair? Did you lift your mouse to vote for a book in our book club at all yet?

Fashion, no. Not yet anyway.

I'm not doing the book club.
Don't worry we only want your vote/opinion. Think of it as more of a 'what top three books would you like to have on a desert island'. Maybe I should change the name of it to get more people voting. We only want their votes. It's not so exciting without votes going up like in Eurobvision and XFactor and all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 P6010510
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 P6010511
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Kate P wrote:
Quote :
Indiana Jones is brilliant

And Harrison Ford doesn't look a day older than he did in the last film. Great as always.

Yeah, Harrison does look great, and the things he can do with a bike/whip/crystal skull are amazing. A great role model for the ophidiohope in your life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:39 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I saw it the day after it premiered in Vue Liffey Valley. It was on the biggest screen so there was fantastic visual and sound quality.

Stickey floors! Stickey floors!

Yep, we had the local SWP Cumann lie down on the ground as we watched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 8:43 pm

So I spent some time last night wire-brushing this stuff and decided to set up a makeshift arrangement to see how it looks. It should be great. Best Friend and I primed the two pieces today - I don't know if it will be dry enough to paint tonight (black, heat-resistant). When the two coats are done, I'll post another picture of the roughly assembled contraption.

I plan then to paint flowers on it - blues and greens, my favourite. It's at an angle at the moment, with no shelter behind it - but because the ash will be in a pit, I'm hoping that won't be too much of a problem. In any case, if it ends up staying in that spot, properly planted into the ground (which is very rubbly and uneven), I'll plant a sweep of something or other behind it.

After seeing it set up earlier in its roughest state, I'm feeling very confident that it will be rather fabulous when finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:15 pm

What are you going to do with the fireplace?

I recently sold one similar to the one you have above for €250.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:29 am

So what are you going to do with that fireplace kate? I'm not the only one intrigued I'd say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 am

This is what I'm planning to do - but, as I say, paint it black. It's just very roughly assembled and will need a lot of work to finish properly.

Cookie sold one of these fireplaces, but this has sentimental value even if Husband thinks it's too ugly to go in the house (though he's warming to it, so to speak, not that it's been cleaned up a bit!) and anyway, it wouldn't physically work here. The grate space is very tiny.

Am I mad? I rather like it...

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 P6020511 It's set in a corner/curve and at an angle; if it works, I'll do some planting in the grass around it in a curve too to make it snug but not too hidden or sheltered from behind. The site doesn't look great at the moment either, but I think it has potential...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 am

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 625.x600.art.pylypchuk

It remains my opinion that there is an installation artist somewhere inside you Kate p struggling to get out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 am

Building a Barbecue - Page 2 P5310510

Small, but perfectly formed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 11:57 am

Best Friend said something similar. Embarassed At least this has some practical as well as, I hope, some aesthetic merit. If it works, we'll have an MN pot-luck party around it sometime when and if I ever have something big to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Looks groovy Kate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks EVM. It just got its first coat of black and looks even better now. Happy days... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Barbecue   Building a Barbecue - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Barbecue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2