Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:18 pm

THIS IS ALSO IN ANOTHER THREAD BUT IT'S TOO IMPORTANT AND TOO URGENT NOT TO BE SEEN BY EVERYONE.

Ronald Binge wrote:
There were quite a few Yes posters up in town today, split between Fine Gael, Fianna Fail, IBEC and Alliance for Europe.

Later today, at Heuston Station, two types of Vote No posters were up on the poles, the first one had a picture of the top of the Proclamation and the text read "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO".

The second had three monkeys on it and if you were driving you'd crash your car to be able to read the crowded text on it.

On extremely close inspection, in type so small that it was barely legible, the address of Youth Defence in Capel Street was given with a almost illegible campaign name.

So, the Catholic Right gets their oar in first with pole posters.

Listen this is always the case - the No/crank/anti cosmopolitan side always do better posters, generally cos they lie.
Although it was a small print run I joined a few others to do the "Remember this: No Balcks, No Dogs, No Irish." - for the citizenship ref.
And back in mists of time we had Fianna Fail sending operatives scouring every printing press in Dublin trying to track down our quasi-fictitious pressure group SAC . It was a 50/50 poll situation at the time and Charles H got up in the Dail and made a speech about the "sanctity of the family" !!!. Nuala O Faolian (RIP) to her lasting credit got us on Evening Extra (! million viewers) where sat with our first two posters above our heads - Think Thought Kills All Known Clerics Dead (puerile but got massive attention especially as we had the best photographers and artists shooting a tioet bowl from which priests nuns and bishops were falling from under the rim to their deaths) and then the simple "SPUC OFF". We then theatened a third poster which I said would feature a well known politico - obviously CJ - and his mistress with the headline "This Man ***** This Woman and Talks to You about the sanctity of the family."

It's like Paradise Lost the Devil gets the good lines.
The only way to is to beat them is to do their game BETTER. So if any of you out there are (a) rich (b) involved in parties but want deniability (c) good graphic/web designers, photographers. Why not get together and give them a run for their money.

Last edited by 905 on Tue May 27, 2008 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DE-CAPITALISE THE SCREAMING TITLE)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:26 pm

Cactus Flower - is there a reason why all the suggested sample posters I mentioned have disappeared?

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Are you sure that people aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot without any help? The monkey posters don't transmit any decipherable message, and are beyond parody. Labour, interestingly, has chosen to put up a poster of Mr. Gilmore that doesn't have any legible message at all. We have Avril Doyle arms folded glaring at us with a steely gaze. It seems more of a question of whatever turns you on than the posters having any influence.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of the Libertas posters but they sound hilarious and not likely to have any consistent effect.

I have always felt that quantity of posters has more effect than quality - blanket coverage gives the impression of a campaign on a roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Kev Bar wrote:
Cactus Flower - is there a reason why all the suggested sample posters I mentioned have disappeared?

Kevin

Not me Kevin - it may technical. I was just about to post suggesting you gave us examples. Just in case someone else modded them will you pm them to me and I'll take a look at them at get back to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Is 'Efficiency' one of the keywords of this one for the Yes side?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:38 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Kev Bar wrote:

Kevin

Not me Kevin - it may technical. I was just about to post suggesting you gave us examples. Just in case someone else modded them will you pm them to me and I'll take a look at them at get back to you.
I fixed his quoting or Mr. Binge alright but are you actually referring to sample posters on the street disappearing Kevin? Are Yes posters getting sabotaged?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm a a little confused too. I thought young Binge was complaining about the nature of some of the posters, emotional blackmail over 1916 etc etc. I wouldn't have thought they were the better posters, looks like they're trying too much and all that. I haven't actually seen any striking no posters but I can't stand the YFG 'enlarge you oppertunities' ones. Sex sells but it smacks of desperation. That's just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:01 pm

how is the monkey poster wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
Like I've said I haven't seen any of these posters but I thought Binge's attitude was negative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:33 pm

905 wrote:
lostexpectation wrote:
Like I've said I haven't seen any of these posters but I thought Binge's attitude was negative.

The monkey posters are weird and incomprehensible. They are in my view a bit monkeyist and lacking in charm monkey monkey monkey . I'm negative about them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:42 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
It's got chimpanzees in it?

It would be more accurate to refer to it as a 'human poster' than a "monkey poster". But that's a zoological rather than a political error
cat pig monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Are they closer to us than them then Chekov?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:57 pm

I want to start a thread on this very topic, especially relating to chimps and human rights. But we digress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanks 905. Back on topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:15 pm

I like the chimp poster, but that's just because I like chimps and because I think it's quite smart, for a poster from YD that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:43 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Are they closer to us than them then Chekov?

Yep. Chimpanzees and bonobos are our closest known living relatives. They're quite far removed from the monkeys. Technically, though, it's an 'ape poster'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted EmptyWed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm

is langerland guy a gun for hire for coir/yd, re there well made youtube video?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted   Time To Fight Back -  Media Masters Wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Time To Fight Back - Media Masters Wanted
Page 1 of 1