Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Summer Concert Season

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:59 am

johnfás wrote:
Is Bruce playing again tonight? Can hear him if he is... can't make out any of the songs this time though.

Just as well that he is, otherwise you'd be off  for a stay in St Pats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:00 am

Cudda been rowdy neighbours tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:01 am

Yes - he can speak out against rendition in Dublin 4 and meanwhile our government is still refusing to have any system in Shannon to check the planes in the way that the UN, the Council of Europe and our own statutory Human Rights Commission say must be done if Ireland is to meet its obligations under the UN Convention against Terror...

We should be supporting the good Americans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:04 am

Maybe we need a thread for politics and the arts...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:13 am

Kate P wrote:

Geldofisim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:26 am

Kate P wrote:

Maybe. Meanwhile I'm thankful for this one!

PS You do know you need to attach a digital version of your DNA to your application for a Tom Waits ticket don't you?!

Link on anti-touting precautions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:46 am

Helium Three wrote:
PS You do know you need to attach a digital version of your DNA to your application for a Tom Waits ticket don't you?!

Radiohead, Neil Young and Leonard Cohen are all around in June I think. You were going to go to Neil Young He3 weren't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Helium Three wrote
Quote :

He3, I love you .

I didn't know about that and having checked the website and the local outlet, I get the impression they are only being sold in outlets, not online.

No prizes for guessing where I'll be with a good book at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. And the laptop - just in case...

Thanks a mill for pointing that out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 5:36 pm

http://www.thecatlaughs.com/artists/

Its not music, but that's where I'll be going this week. Past its glory days perhaps but we will have a houseful and track down a few old favourites and try some new acts too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:20 pm

I am now the proud owner of a ticket to see the bauld Mr Waits on the Friday night.

Woohoo!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Well done! One of the chosen few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:34 pm

I know a couple of people going, I like him but not enough to pay €130.00 for tickets!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:36 pm

Did they sell out?

I was plonked on a cushion outside my local record shop at seven am and was on my own for an hour. Owner didn't seem to think there was much competition for them which really surprised me considering there are only 24,000 in total (Bruce sold 120,000 ish) and he is the man - the man who doesn't come here very often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Sold out sold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Woohoo!

So the numb bum was worth it and the predictions about the security conditions putting people off were groundless.

Rest assured I shall be telling you all about how wonderful he was.

I was offered a ticket to Linkin Park yesterday. 22 June. Pass, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Look forward to hearing.

Meanwhile if any Lou Reed fans are lurking there are two spare tickets to his Berlin show in the Cork Marquee in need of a good home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Lou Reed is someone I know I should have listened to more - I've just stuck on disc 2 of NYC man and already am toe-tapping to the jazzy 'I want to be Black.' I've also got a Velvet Underground CD there somewhere which I should listen to again.

Whoever said the man who made time made plenty of it was lying through his teeth. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:06 pm

He was probably warming up for the Lisbon treaty 'debate'... bom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 am

The noise monitoring people are not best pleased with Bruce. Here is the story about supposed exceedances of limits on the Friday night.

It was very nice noise though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:26 am

Helium Three wrote:
Look forward to hearing.

Meanwhile if any Lou Reed fans are lurking there are two spare tickets to his Berlin show in the Cork Marquee in need of a good home.

I could be tempted. Did you catch Lou Reed was it last year with Anthony at the Helix - Good or what?

Hope Theres Someone

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks for the song link cactus flower.

I have never seen Lou Reed so am looking forward to this even though I am in complete ignorance of his Berlin music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:38 am

It was a good year for Anthony and the Johnsons.
Lou Reed was pretty darned good and looked amazing in black leather. Kate would have appreciated it and I must admit so did I. Anthony was an unexpected bonus - heard him again at the Picnic that year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:55 am

Much better version of Hope Theres Someone ( live )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:10 pm

I just love Anthony, he's brilliant, have seen him a few times over the last 3 years. His latest collaboration is with Hercules and Love Affair -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8S51M2GAc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Am in a mood for a concert now!
Here's Rufus & Martha Wainwright along with Teddy Thompson in Central Park -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtDa6NBA9Q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Summer Concert Season   The Summer Concert Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Summer Concert Season
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next