Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Help! [Firefox]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Help! [Firefox] Empty
PostSubject: Help! [Firefox]   Help! [Firefox] EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:52 am

Ok, this is a slightly difficult problem to explain but hopefully any techno heads around might be able to help me.

Usually, when I am on a webpage and I push the down arrow on my keyboard, it brings me down the page gradually. However, since this morning when I do that in Firefox it acts like it is a word processor, with a cursor attaching to words and when I press down it brings me down line by line.

It isn't happening in Internet Explorer and I can't find any options in Firefox to stop it.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

Help! [Firefox] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! [Firefox]   Help! [Firefox] EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:55 am

Edit:

Fixed it - hooray for google!

Anyone who has the same problem, just whack F7!
Back to top Go down

Help! [Firefox] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! [Firefox]   Help! [Firefox] EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:00 am

I don't know if this will help but I found a setting which might be your one under edit>>preferences>>advanced>>general>>accessibility >>always use cursor keys to navigate within pages. Switch it off if you find that

Help! [Firefox] Cursor10
Back to top Go down

Help! [Firefox] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! [Firefox]   Help! [Firefox] EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:02 am

F7 - cool. Caret Browsing it's called. That's something we both learned today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help! [Firefox] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! [Firefox]   Help! [Firefox] Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! [Firefox]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Machine Nation :: Science, Technology, Engineering, Computers-
Jump to: