Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:46 am

Kate P wrote:
Audi's. I have no idea what it is but it looks steely or concretey and rather male. Your avatar, on the other hand, is perfect.

What's your view of other people's avatars, especially considering you have declined to don one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:56 am

I love EVM's avatar. Johnfás has had some very nice ones, though Rupert seems a bit unseasonal and yellow trousers have never really appealed to me. I liked the windsurfing one in particular.

905's is quirky, Riadach's makes me gag every single time (sorry Riadach!). Cookie, no matter how many times he changes his appearance, will always be the European flag for me.

The jury is out on Darth Vadar.

My favourites are EVM's and WorldbyStorm's.
On p.ie my favourite would have been the starry plough because it speaks of a philosophy rather than an allegiance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:58 am

Kate P wrote:
I love EVM's avatar. Johnfás has had some very nice ones, though Rupert seems a bit unseasonal and yellow trousers have never really appealed to me. I liked the windsurfing one in particular.

905's is quirky, Riadach's makes me gag every single time (sorry Riadach!). Cookie, no matter how many times he changes his appearance, will always be the European flag for me.

On p.ie my favourite would have been the starry plough because it speaks of a philosophy rather than an allegiance.

Excellent judgement. I went for the Darth Vader one because the Rebel Alliance are too earnest and goody-goody in the Star Wars Trilogy, I much preferred the style and sweep of the Galactic Empire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:00 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
The International Space Station is very heavenly too like the starry plough ..

And a symbol of what can be achieved by the Commonwealth of Humanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:04 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
The International Space Station is very heavenly too like the starry plough ..

Is that what yours is, AG?

I'm in bed looking out at the moon - curtains open to see the clouds roll past it. It's like a perfectly formed disc of mother of pearl and utterly beautiful. The international space station, by contrast, looks like the back of an car stereo with which I had confused it. Apolgies for my shallow girliness.
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:05 am

Imagine the view of the moon from the ISS ...
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:12 am

I bet it's not as comfy as it is from here! The clouds are pale against the black of the sky and dark against the mother-of-pearl moon. It's just lovely.

Sorry, Audi.
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:17 am

Kate P wrote:
I bet it's not as comfy as it is from here! The clouds are pale against the black of the sky and dark against the mother-of-pearl moon. It's just lovely.

Sorry, Audi.
It would be fairly comfortable despite some people aboard having to drink their own pee. Imagine looking at the moon from 400km above the earth? You could also look down at the clouds at the same time - the Atlantic would look like a huge lake, America like a huge fallen constellation .. It would be soo romantic...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:39 am

Or scary, dependent on whether you had a fear of heights... Smile
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:42 am

WorldbyStorm wrote:
Or scary, dependent on whether you had a fear of heights... Smile
Somehow I feel it would be like looking up not down ...

So WorldbyStorm, are we going to team up and invade politics.ie then boards then lastly, The Property Pin? (been reading about vikings lately...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:43 am

Yes... although that campaign strategy... hmmm Wink

(Pause...)

Maybe something about Lisbon?

(Runs screaming towards the exit...) Smile

No, wait, perhaps that should read (runs towards the exit)... why the screaming on my part? Unless the response was less good than anticipated... Yeah. That'd make sense.

And while I'm at it, is it me or does that look like nothing so much as the warm up to a riot in the images that surround the screen?
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:02 am

WorldbyStorm wrote:
And while I'm at it, is it me or does that look like nothing so much as the warm up to a riot in the images that surround the screen?
Have you ever been to Koh Phangan Thailand for songs, singha, sand, sangsom, coke and a bucket of red bull? We had images of it here tonight - the craziness, the lights the games the compost toilets behind the trees..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:21 am

Kate P wrote:

Don't apologise to me, Kate, apologise to poor eddie lenihan, whose personal appearance you have derided lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:51 am

riadach wrote:

Don't apologise to me, Kate, apologise to poor eddie lenihan, whose personal appearance you have derided lol.

Probably the only sort of ride he can hope for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:06 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:

Probably the only sort of ride he can hope for.

Ah now, I'd say he's talked a few women into bed. By talk, of course, I mean negotiated a price. Now, we're stepping into slander and libel, yay. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:12 pm

I'll have a new avatar at the end of the exams, to celebrate the coming of summer. You may think that a warm winter scaf is unseasonal. It does indeed give the impression of needing to keep indoors, away from the cold winter outside. However, despite the sunny weather (well its actually raining here at the moment but anyway), I feel as if I am in a winter of discontent. Hence it is reflective of my current state of mind.

Expect a resilient avatar following my final exam on Friday. If you are really lucky it may even be a photo from my celebratory night out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:13 pm

riadach wrote:
Now, we're stepping into slander and libel, yay. :-)

Let's hope we are

*fingers crossed that it comes up on exam paper today!*
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 1:17 pm

A wonderful historical address Ard Taoiseach.

Has Nancy Pelosi been in touch yet ?

I think the time is right for Machine Nation to address Congress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:27 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
A wonderful historical address Ard Taoiseach.

I'm glad you thought so! I hope I set the tone just right.

Quote :
Has Nancy Pelosi been in touch yet ?

I think the time is right for Machine Nation to address Congress.

It would be fitting for our proud and dynamic Sovereignty to have such a dialogue with the world's only remaining superpower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Don't you mean the world's other remaining superpower, Ard Taoiseach ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:31 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Don't you mean the world's other remaining superpower, Ard Taoiseach ?

I do, but I'm too polite to say it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:24 pm

AuditorGeneral wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
Have you ever been to Koh Phangan Thailand for songs, singha, sand, sangsom, coke and a bucket of red bull? We had images of it here tonight - the craziness, the lights the games the compost toilets behind the trees..

No, I haven't. Is that like the precursor to a riot as well? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2