Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Living alone.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Living alone. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:59 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Naked Stalking Wellies (NSWs) are SO last year.
H&M still have them.

They are Naked Shopping Wellies, Riadach. They're so hot right now.

You're right, I'm sooo 2006 at the moment.

Ooh, pre-credit crunch chic. Nice!

I know. How confidant we were back then, we could buy wellies for naked leisure activities, and not just naked essentials like shopping. It was a simpler time.

Indeed, wellies were just snapped up like that back then. People camped overnight to be guaranteed a welly. Now they're ten a penny and there now for only the most professional of purposes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:01 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
H&M still have them.

I know. How confidant we were back then, we could buy wellies for naked leisure activities, and not just naked essentials like shopping. It was a simpler time.

Ah but we're still paying for our wellies now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:03 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
H&M still have them.

But they come with sweeteners and incentives now. I got a free garden gnome with an investment welly I purchased in February.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:06 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
H&M still have them.

But they come with sweeteners and incentives now. I got a free garden gnome with an investment welly I purchased in February.

Wellieconomics 101.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:08 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
H&M still have them.

Wellieconomics 101.

Exactly. I recommend re-soling your welly a neutral beige. This means that your welly appeals to a wide cross-section of the rental and re-sale market. Beige-soled wellies sell at 10% more than the market average and take 15% less time to sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:13 am

I'm off to make my fortune trading wellie futures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:17 am

The appearance 2006-7 of a variety of unneccessary and attention-seeking wellie designs was surely a sign of a boom that had reached its zenith of consumerist absurdity and was about to fizzle out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:18 am

cactus flower wrote:
The appearance 2006-7 of a variety of unneccessary and attention-seeking wellie designs was surely a sign of a boom that had reached its zenith of consumerist absurdity and was about to fizzle out?

One of my cow orkers paid a shade under a grand for a handbag at the weekend. Consumerist absurdity, like a fresh glass of liver salts is still fizzling away. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:21 am

I bought a knock-down bargain pair in zebra stripes at the EP last year, but it turned out they frighten the horses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:31 am

I want what you're all drinking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:48 am

unaligned wrote:
I want what you're all drinking!

Living alone. - Page 2 91GM9MW1DC.use

Have one on me unaligned! and raise one for Nuala O'Faolain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:19 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I'm off to make my fortune trading wellie futures.

I'd recommend shorting them. Wellie commencements fell 30% in the first quarter and the average length of time to sell a wellie has risen from 44 days in Q1 07 to 70 in Q1 08. The height of wellies have also increased to around 40 cms, a sure indicator of harder times, some welllies were even touching below 30 centimetres at the very apex of the boom in 2006. Mad for it, weren't we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 3:54 am

The Celtic Tiger now...

Living alone. - Page 2 Pussin15b

Living alone. - Page 2 Dore_boots1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:14 pm

ibis wrote:
The Celtic Tiger now...

Living alone. - Page 2 Dore_boots1

They are BOOTS, ibis, not wellies. It's no wonder you're voting yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:16 pm

ibis wrote:
The Celtic Tiger now...

Rather symbolic of how decadent and effeminate we have become.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
It's all fine and well most of the time. Infact it's a blessing.

But every now and then I get a little creeped out. I was talking through the hall from the kitchen with a cup of tea and I suddenly got the feeling I was being watched.

I know there is nobody within a mile of me but still, creepy!

Seriously though, on topic, the best thing is to run like f_ck (no problem - the presence will be at your back) until you reach a spot where you have a full view of the corridor/room; then turn around and, with your back to the wall, bless the room three times. You'll be grand then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:56 am

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

But every now and then I get a little creeped out. I was talking through the hall from the kitchen with a cup of tea and I suddenly got the feeling I was being watched.

Seriously though, on topic, the best thing is to run like f_ck (no problem - the presence will be at your back) until you reach a spot where you have a full view of the corridor/room; then turn around and, with your back to the wall, bless the room three times. You'll be grand then.

I admit I simply carry a sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:06 am

I spend a lot of time here on my own when Husband is away and I quite like it. I don't get freaked by noises or voices or anything. But this is a newish house (less than three years old) so there are no creaks and nobody died in it.

I do make an effort to lock the doors at night but often get up in the morning to realise that I've forgotten one (or two).

But I do like having the bed to myself so I can sleep on my stomach. Which is exactly what I'm about to do now.

G'night all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:19 am

Kate P wrote:
I spend a lot of time here on my own when Husband is away and I quite like it. I don't get freaked by noises or voices or anything. But this is a newish house (less than three years old) so there are no creaks and nobody died in it.

I do make an effort to lock the doors at night but often get up in the morning to realise that I've forgotten one (or two).

But I do like having the bed to myself so I can sleep on my stomach. Which is exactly what I'm about to do now.

G'night all.

Guten Nacht und Schlaf gut, Kate P!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:21 am

ibis wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I have body-guards. When I'm bored, I make them wear my wellies while competing in a wellie-throwing competition. The winner gets to make me a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:27 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I have body-guards. When I'm bored, I make them wear my wellies while competing in a wellie-throwing competition. The winner gets to make me a cup of tea.
I thought you were all being serious up until the last post. Lads, humour will not defend you from the horror that lurks behind you in the darknesses of an otherwise empty house besides you and ... the funk of forty thousand years muhahhaaha Twisted Evil pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:33 am

Lets be clear her, I do not normally get freaked out about being in Castle Monster on my own. Except this time, which I did.

And a sword wouldn't match my outfit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:35 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Lets be clear her, I do not normally get freaked out about being in Castle Monster on my own. Except this time, which I did.

What about an Arabian scimitar, Mr Omani Man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 3:10 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

What about an Arabian scimitar, Mr Omani Man?

Oh, I'm just happy to see you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm

I never stay in my parents' house without someone else in the house. I haven't for years. I've even been known to throw parties so I've had people to keep me company. It's a creepy, creaky old house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living alone.   Living alone. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Living alone.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next