Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

I'd adore a fedora

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Got myself a nice pinstripe waistcoat and trousers (that suits me very well I might add) for clubbing in and now I'm tempted to get one of these.

I'd adore a fedora SS_fedora1_blk-1

It's so 1930's gangster, I love it.

Kinda afraid though it'll make me look like a pimp though.

(Not the most contemplative of topics, but I thought I'd bring it to you for cogitation nonetheless).

What do you think? KateP's assessment would be most welcome.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:48 pm

The lead singer of an 80s pop band used to wear such an outfit - though for the life of me I can't remember who.

I very much like the idea of the pinstripe trousers and waistcoat - and if you're slim and fit, I've no doubt you'll look ravishing.

The hat is a question of style which is a question of personality rather than fashion, methinks. If you have to ask, do you have the confidence to carry it off? If you can, then it's not a problem, I'd imagine. If you feel a bit furtive you'll look a bit furtive...

I'd get a haircut first though - it might not sit rakishly at a jaunty angle with all that Eddie Lenihan fuzz Wink

But if you love it,it speaks to you so buy it.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah it's the confidence thing more than anything else I reckon. However, I was unsure i'd have the confidence to pull off a pinstripe trousers and waistcoat, yet I adore it, and people seem to like it on me too. Perhaps it's a building up thing.

I have nice tight black hair at the moment, I'll have you know, which I think will suit it fairly well. I might get a cheap one and wear it around the house till I'm comfortable with it. Like a training hat. Then I can start smuggling bootleg moonshine into 1930s chicago.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:00 pm

riadach wrote:
Yeah it's the confidence thing more than anything else I reckon. However, I was unsure i'd have the confidence to pull off a pinstripe trousers and waistcoat, yet I adore it, and people seem to like it on me too. Perhaps it's a building up thing.

I have nice tight black hair at the moment, I'll have you know, which I think will suit it fairly well. I might get a cheap one and wear it around the house till I'm comfortable with it. Like a training hat. Then I can start smuggling bootleg moonshine into 1930s chicago.

Rabbitskin makes the best hats albino affraid
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Sounds good to me.

You might like this quote from Coco Chanel - who knew all there was to know, not about being comfortable in your skin, but being wonderfuly you in your skin.

'Dress sharply and they'll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they'll remember the man.'

More here. I think she was the biz.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Kate P wrote:
Sounds good to me.

You might like this quote from Coco Chanel - who knew all there was to know, not about being comfortable in your skin, but being wonderfuly you in your skin.

'Dress sharply and they'll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they'll remember the man.'

And no woman better to wear a good hat

I'd adore a fedora CocoCh-03
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Kate P wrote:
Sounds good to me.

I'll remember that one.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:38 am

Get the hat and wear it with pride.

A fedors wouldn't be my hat of choice, I'd rather fancy a Panama hat myself.
Though I don't know where one would go to get a good hat in the city.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:55 am

Johnny could get some in Spain, they have excellent hat shops. I have a lovely panama from Malaga city.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyMon May 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Kate P wrote:
The lead singer of an 80s pop band used to wear such an outfit - though for the life of me I can't remember who. ...

Mr. King ?

I'd adore a fedora Torture2
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:21 am

Riadach, H&M had cheap fedoras a few months back, I think they were like 8 quid or something.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:42 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Kate P wrote:
The lead singer of an 80s pop band used to wear such an outfit - though for the life of me I can't remember who. ...

Mr. King ?

I'd adore a fedora Torture2

Nah - Its was yer man John Taylor from Duran Duran - my female cousins were responsible for the disappearance of at least 2 rainforests as they plastered every space they could find with the man and just drooled - scarey stuff

Funnily enough I met the man himself in the late 90's in CA when he was playing the indie circuit on his solo stuff -really sound man and shit hot bass player and in better condition than a man who married Amanda de Cadnet and snorted half of Peru for ten years had any right to be.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:06 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Riadach, H&M had cheap fedoras a few months back, I think they were like 8 quid or something.

They have a lot of very decent stuff for very cheap in H&M, pity about the moral issues.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:11 am

H&M have moral issues? A FFS! What do they do?

Why the hell can't an nternational business cop the fuck on and stop treating people like shit!
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:20 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Why the hell can't an nternational business cop the fuck on and stop treating people like shit!

I'm only presuming due to the fact most of their ranges are made in the third world.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:08 pm

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I'm only presuming due to the fact most of their ranges are made in the third world.

That's very Rumsfeld of you.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:21 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I had a feeling I was knowing something I didn't know.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:23 am

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I knew you didn't know that you didn't know something you didn't know.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:26 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I knew you didn't know that you didn't know something you didn't know.

Sure I know.

As gaeilge,

Bhí a fhios agam ná raibh a fhios agat ná raibh a fhios agat faoi rud éigin ná raibh a fhios agat faoi.

B'eol nárbh eol duit nárbh eol duit, nach raibh rud éigin ar eolas agat, nach raibh eolas agat faoi.

Or in philosophical parlance.

D'fhiosaigh mé nár fhiosaigh tú nár fhiosaigh tú rud éigin nár fhiosaigh tú.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:29 am

It makes just as much sense in Irish.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:32 am

cookiemonster wrote:
It makes just as much sense in Irish.

Ah but I knew something that I didn't know that I knew, and you thinking you knew that I didn't know that I didn't know something I thought I knew.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,993352-3,00.html
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:44 am

riadach wrote:

Ah but I knew something that I didn't know that I knew, and you thinking you knew that I didn't know that I didn't know something I thought I knew.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:54 am

I knew you'd agree.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:00 am

riadach wrote:
I knew you'd agree.

I didn't.
Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:09 am

Which is why you should always make sure you understand what you're agreeing to before you agree to it. A piece of advice, my parents should have adhered to on their wedding day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'd adore a fedora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd adore a fedora   I'd adore a fedora Empty

Back to top Go down

I'd adore a fedora
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: