Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:22 am

He brings... HOPE.. to the world... he's amazing and will SAVE... the world.

Last edited by johnfás on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 am

unaligned wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Gilmore is embarrassing himself in a Pat Rabbitte way there now.

They'll end up giving a **** *** to FF in the end.

It's impossible to answer the question though. They've tried it every way at this stage and nothing works. He's trying to spin the line that the Labour Party shouldn't always be subject to the third wheel question which is fair enough. He did make a bit of a tits of it though, it was rabbit in the headlights stuff.
It's like Groundhog Day isn't it ? There's a crisis, there could be something new, there could be a Government without even the smell of FF within earshot and then wham - no one has the liathróidí to push the knife in. Not that the knife would work anyway, needs a stake in the heart ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 am

Vincent says "Nationalise the banks!"

Who is the guy who accused the Government of
"hiding behind the facts" (I know what he means)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 am

johnfás wrote:
He brings... HOPE.. to the world... he's amazing and will SAVE... the world.

Gordon "nationaliser" Brown?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:34 am

Is VB on TV3 with JH ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:34 am

Brian Lucey. He's an economics Prof. from one of our Unis, TCD I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Brian Lucey. He's an economics Prof. from one of our Unis, TCD I think.

He was on RTE radio lunchtime I think.

It seems a pity that the Gov is relying on Merrill Lynch when we have a good enough bunch of local economists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:31 am

bump bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 am

Ah Shatter is on it... I'll refrain from the personal abuse I would say in other circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 am

Brendan Walsh
Cathy Sheridan
Deirdre de Burca
Alan Shatter and
Noel Whelan

First question - Social partnership. Noel Whelan sounds like he is reading off a script.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 am

Noel Whelan ..

social solidarity - GPs, solicitors - 10% cuts .. pay deals, sacred cows killed ...

15 billion to be found over next 3 or 4 years, tough economic and political times ...

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:40 am

No doubt Shatter will have something controversial to say about Israel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 am

What's "mandatory reporting"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:07 am

A policy whereby people are obligated by law to report suspicions of abuse to the Gardaí/authorities. A very bad idea in the absence of services and systems to deal with such reports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 am

It means if an allegation of child abuse is made it must be reported to the Gardaí and HSE regardless of its supposed credibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:09 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
What's "mandatory reporting"?

when you have to report any concern to the relevant authority.

Whats an "incorporeal meeting".

Oh! for the first time I've heard someone mention that the children had fathers/ a father.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 am

I presume he means a meeting nobody attended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 am

The woman in the audience is quite right about the necessity for a clear chain of command. This is something I highlighted in another thread, I'll dig it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 am

She's also right to be wary of mandatory reporting in the absence of the resources to make it useful, but she's wrong about the lack of rights for children in the Constitution.

Last edited by coc on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:19 am

johnfás wrote:
The woman in the audience is quite right about the necessity for a clear chain of command. This is something I highlighted in another thread, I'll dig it out.

johnfás wrote:
I was listening to Mariane Finucane this morning and
there was a priest on the show. He was very agreeable in terms of what
he was saying etc. However, I was utterly shocked that he didn't seem
able to articulate the child protection policy of his own institution
vis-a-vis Garda reference etc. There is the root of your problem.
Organisational disaster.

I hate to be critical here but in my
Church we have clearly annunciated guidelines. Every single person who
is interacting with children must first have Garda clearance. There
must always be at least two adults supervising children, there must
always be a male and a female adult. We have to keep huge amounts of
information, consent forms, medical conditions etc in case of any
emergency when kids are on our premises or on a trip away. We must take
a record of any accident or anything of that nature which occurs at
such an activity. All allegations must be reported to the Gardaí and
there is a commitment to keep parents informed at all times. In regard
to emotional child protection confidentiality can never be promised to
a child under the age of 18, any allegation of improprietary in any
regard must be reported to both the Minister and the designated lay
person for child protection within the congregation who then have their
own mandated procedures which they must follow. We have clearly
displayed posters on our premises outlining the child protection policy
for all parents to be aware of and a quick reference guide is provided
to all adults who are leading groups of children as well as a guide
which is given to all children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:30 am

Guantanamo refugee discussion - Greens for FF against. I'm sure this will be a resigning matter for the Greens.

Alcoholic parents are a nightmare problem for themselves and their children. I'm not sure that any system could resolve that fully. I'd be in favour in doing everything possible to support the mother, and then if need be find and aunt or grandmother who would take care of them if that failed. I think that is more or less what the HSE tried to do.

There are a lot of social workers who understandably seem to think more social workers is the answer. Strengthening powers to put children in care I'm not sure about. I read somewhere that most of the young people on the streets in Dublin were in care and that once they are 18 they are let go with no support of any kind. Care is not all its cracked up to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 am

It's a more general problem of the utter contempt the State here has for children. Watch the cuts over the next few years that will hollow out services for children across health and education sectors. The permanent unelected government of this country needs to be brought into line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:39 am

coc wrote:
It's a more general problem of the utter contempt the State here has for children. Watch the cuts over the next few years that will hollow out services for children across health and education sectors. The permanent unelected government of this country needs to be brought into line.
I think the funding figures for psychiatry that Prime Time had once was that psychiatric services were 23% of the HSE budget and CHILD psychiatry was 8% of that.

The spending should be nearly the other way around in order to catch all the troubled little ones before they turn into big troubled little ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 am

This country is run by a despicable shower of bastards. There is no other way of looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers - Heckle Here   Questions and Answers - Heckle Here - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers - Heckle Here
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next