Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP Empty
PostSubject: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm just after hearing the awful news that the great Humphrey Lyttleton is after dying. What a shock. He's been the host of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" for decades and he is the grandaddy of BBC comedy.

I love him, the panel, the show and everything else.

I feel so privileged that I actually saw him and the panel doing a show in London just about a month ago.

RIP Humph, you've been brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Lovely radio voice, good musician. I'm sorry too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:12 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Lovely radio voice, good musician. I'm sorry too.

It's terrible, I'm very glum about the whole thing. I'll be praying for him, his family and the Clue team.

The Economist better have him in their obit column next week else I'm cancelling my subscription.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:20 pm

"Welcome to "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" the show for all ages [peers into the live audience / pause] from the Paleolithic to the Neolithic".

Funny guy.

Rest In Peace Humphrey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:22 pm

joeblogg wrote:
"Welcome to "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" the show for all ages [peers into the live audience / pause] from the Paleolithic to the Neolithic".

Funny guy.

Rest In Peace Humphrey.

His sense of timing is virtually unrivalled. I've never listened to a bad ISIHAC and I've never heard him flop with a joke. A master class performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:25 pm

ah poor Humph, will be terribly terribly missed. Listening to ISIHAC on R4 now. Only came to this prog in the last couple of years but have some of the CDs. Just wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP   Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Humphrey Lyttleton: RIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: History :: An Reilig-
Jump to: