Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Curiouser and curiouser

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Cad atá á rá agam agat aige aici againn agaibh acu agaibh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Cad atá á rá agam agat aige aici againn agaibh acu agaibh?

Níl a fhios agam i ndáiríre. D`imigh aon chiall as an gcomhrá thart ar cúig déag nóiméad ó shoin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Bhuel sin an rud ar mhaith leat a thabhairt le fios.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:02 pm

riadach wrote:
Bhuel sin an rud ar mhaith leat a thabhairt le fios.

Ssh ná habair leis na Béarlóirí é.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:04 pm

905 wrote:
While we're on the topic, gay and homosexual refer to both sexes, but lesbian only refers to women. Is there a respectable gay term that only refers to male gay? Or was that what queer is?
I see that the Lesbians have launched an attack on the misappropriation of their name. I refer, of course, to the islanders of Lesbos.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7376919.stm

When I was young and innocent, and daft insults were all the rage (remember "ya donkey's testicle"?), we (it wasn't just me) used to think that 'heterosexual' was the technical term for lesbian, as a counterpart to homosexual. Thus "ya heterosexual sheep" was considered a great insult. It still works mind.

Perhaps lesbians should appropriate the term heterosexual? It's not like we ever use it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:15 pm

905 said:

Quote :
Perhaps lesbians should appropriate the term heterosexual? It's not like we ever use it.
I suppose we just feel like slackers compared with those who claim to be bi?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:24 pm

905 wrote:
905 wrote:
While we're on the topic, gay and homosexual refer to both sexes, but lesbian only refers to women. Is there a respectable gay term that only refers to male gay? Or was that what queer is?
I see that the Lesbians have launched an attack on the misappropriation of their name. I refer, of course, to the islanders of Lesbos.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7376919.stm

When I was young and innocent, and daft insults were all the rage (remember "ya donkey's testicle"?), we (it wasn't just me) used to think that 'heterosexual' was the technical term for lesbian, as a counterpart to homosexual. Thus "ya heterosexual sheep" was considered a great insult. It still works mind.

Very Happy Very Happy Good stuff 905. Got a good laugh from that post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 6:58 pm

How about queen as an acceptable term for male homosexuals? David Norris is very liberal in his use of this term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
How about queen as an acceptable term for male homosexuals? David Norris is very liberal in his use of this term.

Because some of us are actually quite manly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Have you learned nothing from the Lesbos debacle? You'll have all the proper queens up in arms. And they still control nations remember.

Seeing as Sappho was the original gay woman, why not call themn Sapphists? Homosexual men are just going to have to be creative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Sapphists? I like that. I could almost be tempted...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:37 pm

905 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Have you learned nothing from the Lesbos debacle? You'll have all the proper queens up in arms. And they still control nations remember.

Seeing as Sappho was the original gay woman, why not call themn Sapphists? Homosexual men are just going to have to be creative.

Pure sapphistry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:59 pm

How about v***aphobes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:47 pm

That is crude A-T. How about something easier on the ear like fanobies which is derived from 2 words like yours but shortened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:48 pm

youngdan wrote:
That is crude A-T. How about something easier on the ear like fanobies which is derived from 2 words like yours but shortened.

Fanobies, much more euphonious, if a little less direct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:55 pm

It is kinder, one's uncle could be described as a sweat old fanobie. A word that could not be used as an insult like most of the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:57 pm

youngdan wrote:
It is kinder, one's uncle could be described as a sweat old fanobie. A word that could not be used as an insult like most of the rest.

But could be punned into "Obi Wan Fanobie" or somesuch. That's actually quite a compliment, since the fanobie in question would be compared to a legendary Jedi Master.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Why would lesbians be afraid of vaginas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:15 pm

That is fantastic news, the self confidence of fanobies will soar worldwide. Hopefully this would lead to a greater political role as well. I can see it now.
Vote Fianna Fanobie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:17 pm

riadach wrote:
They're back on gay men now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:36 pm

The ladies would be faniphiles. We would then have 2 political parties Fianna Fanobie and Faniphile Gael
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:39 pm

I don't think I've ever come across such an aptly named thread. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:41 pm

905 wrote:
riadach wrote:
They're back on gay men now.

Not literally, at least not now! Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:07 pm

905 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

You will be pleased to hear, 905, that your suggestion has been taken up.

LINK TO SAPPHIC IRELAND FORUM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiouser and curiouser   Curiouser and curiouser - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curiouser and curiouser
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: