Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:31 am

Worldbystorm how long have you been running Cedar Lounge now? You must surely be the man to ask about people posting all sorts of nutcase stuff, copyrighting and all that type of malarky. Internet Law, if it exists.
Back to top Go down

The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:33 am

I would not worry about it. However if someone said that their cousin who works for the Food and Drug Agency just heard a decision that was to be announced to the public a few days later and posted about it then that would not be acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:39 am

riadach wrote:
Hmm, shall a few of us attempt a translation of the charter? It seems fairly straight forward.

Riadach that would be wonderful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 am

riadach wrote:
Hmm, shall a few of us attempt a translation of the charter? It seems fairly straight forward.

I'd be up for doing my bit anyway, should I be wanted...

Auditor #9 wrote:
• If you want to post in Irish, please post in the Irish forum for modding or alert an Irish mod.

Who're the Irish mods? Does that mean people will have to send a pm
each time they write in Irish outside of the Irish forum? That could
get tedius.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:24 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
riadach wrote:

Auditor #9 wrote:
• If you want to post in Irish, please post in the Irish forum for modding or alert an Irish mod.

get tedius.... Sad

Any suggestions Buichaillebeo? In P.ie they won't allow Irish posts or bilingual threads. I really want this to work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:25 am

Comments and suggestions from youngdan.

(Sure post them over as I would have done so myself if I had seen others posting there in time. I am not saying to allow abuse of course but a good back and forth will hold people's attention and should be a bit of craic as well).

think ye are too cautious in toning back debate. For example I might say that only a donkey would believe such an such. I have been recently called muppit, scum,stupid cnut, thick and moran on P.ie and continued on. It was on the Armadenijahad thread. I also think it was a mistake to remove the animated Avatars. I would really like them back as they brightened up the site no end. I do not understand what is happening on the blog issue but I would like my 2 blog entries up and the replies as a link that you could hit to make them appear after the entries have been read. It is also hard to find anything. The latest discussions might extend back further like P.ie. The rest is fine by me and I am aware of the time ye are putting in to this effort
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:38 am

cactus flower wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
riadach wrote:

Auditor #9 wrote:

get tedius.... Sad

Any suggestions Buichaillebeo? In P.ie they won't allow Irish posts or bilingual threads. I really want this to work.

Oh ya of course.. the above'd be a much better situation than p.ie or some other sites... emm.. i don't know like.. of course they'd need to be informed of posts.. the only thing i can think of off the top of my head that i'd prefer (but others might prefer the suggested method instead) would maybe be to start a thread in the Irish forum for people to just post the links to the thread they've posted the Irish on that wasn't in the Irish forum... it wouldn't be much different but I think it'd at least save a bit of time instead of having to go about pming a mod... the Irish mods could then check the thread and links periodically and not have to sift through their own account messages.

I don't know if it'd work though, I'd be interested to hear any other ideas, but wont mind too much in any case once i'm able to post my gaeilge Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 am

Or sure wont the Irish mods be looking at all the different threads anyway like... and I'm sure if an Irish speaker came across a post that was questionable then they could let a mod know... would informing about each irish post be necessary, really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

get tedius.... Sad
Aarrghh !! I posted up cactus' work didn't I cactus? I don't like the idea of not being able to post in any language other than english anywhere. I think that anmajornarthainig liberated the irish forum by posting a gaeilge thread on the Champions league outside the irish forum. I think people should be free to post gaeilge anywhere on the site and the current irish forum used for learning and maybe specific irish stuff...Maybe it should be turned into a massive irish pub!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:47 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
BuachaillBeo wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

get tedius.... Sad
Aarrghh !! I posted up cactus' work didn't I cactus? I don't like the idea of not being able to post in any language other than english anywhere. I think that anmajornarthainig liberated the irish forum by posting a gaeilge thread on the Champions league outside the irish forum. I think people should be free to post gaeilge anywhere on the site and the current irish forum used for learning and maybe specific irish stuff...Maybe it should be turned into a massive irish pub!

The draft Irish policy was suggested by Riadach who had asked for the same system in P.ie but was turned down. I was threatened with expulsion from P.ie for using an english word in the Irish forum (well, it was a few times). The reason why there is something to be thought about is that if someone disses someone's good name and reputation in Irish the site can be sued. It is a practical issue of can the posts be modded. If there are enough people about to mod posts in Irish no problem we could post away bilingually, which is my dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:51 am

I think we should post in irish anywhere but I see the point about it being practical keeping irish in one place. I think the lads are posting in irish in the history forum as well already anyway - something about Clare and how we all dress like .. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:56 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I think we should post in irish anywhere but I see the point about it being practical keeping irish in one place. I think the lads are posting in irish in the history forum as well already anyway - something about Clare and how we all dress like .. Shocked

Is breá liom Condae an Chláir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:00 am

jeans and acrylic pringle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:03 am

cactus flower wrote:
jeans and acrylic pringle?

No way! I`m already acting like a tool on about four different threads. I`m not getting sucked into this one as well. I can`t remember the last time I posted something even semi-intelligent. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:03 am

I don't think there'd be a problem leaving people belt away in either of the languages in any part of the board like... I like the idea of the Irish forum being used to help people improve their grasp, being a teaching resource of sorts... Sure we'd be grand wont we? I promise I'll rat out anyone I see who says anything bold as Gaeilge anyway! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:06 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
I don't think there'd be a problem leaving people belt away in either of the languages in any part of the board like... I like the idea of the Irish forum being used to help people improve their grasp, being a teaching resource of sorts... Sure we'd be grand wont we? I promise I'll rat out anyone I see who says anything bold as Gaeilge anyway! Smile

ditto. It`d be great to be able to jump betwen languages depending on who we were talking to without having to switch threads. To be fair I always make an effort to accomodate others and to write with as much clarity as possible in Irish and most of the others I`ve come across are the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:

That is a great offer Bb. We will be a Nation once again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 am

anmajornarthaining
You are just relieved that you can post everywhere in your native language now ! This must be the first irish bilingual forum ever ! i'm going to the sibin reoite for a pint to celebrate !

buachaillbeo
If it doesn't upset anyone then i think the site could be used to learn irish for those who are weak in it. You might get people asking you Cad is brí le such and such a lot though

Jaysus don't say anything libellous or slanderous in irish anyway unless it's about Michael Ring !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 am

[quote="Auditor #9"]anmajornarthaining
You are just relieved that you can post everywhere in your native language now ! This must be the first irish bilingual forum ever ! i'm going to the sibin reoite for a pint to celebrate !

Tá an ceart agat. Seasfaidh mise an chéad deoch duit. (Your first drink`s on me)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
buachaillbeo
If it doesn't upset anyone then i think the site could be used to learn irish for those who are weak in it. You might get people asking you Cad is brí le such and such a lot though

Jaysus don't say anything libellous or slanderous in irish anyway unless it's about Michael Ring !

Sure I'd only be delighted to do my bit to help people with the language in any way I could Very Happy
savage like!

"Ní fear deas é Michael Ring" (hopefully that one wont be spotted by the lawyers!) Surprised conspóideach!

Quote :
That is a great offer Bb. We will be a Nation once again!
It's all for the nationalism like!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 am

cactus flower wrote:
Comments and suggestions from youngdan.

(Sure post them over as I would have done so myself if I had seen others posting there in time. I am not saying to allow abuse of course but a good back and forth will hold people's attention and should be a bit of craic as well).

think ye are too cautious in toning back debate. For example I might say that only a donkey would believe such an such. I have been recently called muppit, scum,stupid cnut, thick and moran on P.ie and continued on. It was on the Armadenijahad thread. I also think it was a mistake to remove the animated Avatars. I would really like them back as they brightened up the site no end. I do not understand what is happening on the blog issue but I would like my 2 blog entries up and the replies as a link that you could hit to make them appear after the entries have been read. It is also hard to find anything. The latest discussions might extend back further like P.ie. The rest is fine by me and I am aware of the time ye are putting in to this effort
Do people have simple manners anymore these days. Such abuse ! Feckin hell - what is going on with some of them over there? Lately I've seen people open offbeat political threads and the first reply is TROLL from an established poster - followed by a torrent of abuse from a rake of others. I don't care but pauriceenjack or whoever doesn't deserve that kind of abuse - the ignore facility is there for that and should be used if you don't like someone's opinion or whatever half arsed reason you have for not giving someone a bit of common courtesy.

The reactions are more a reflection on the abusive poster (among other things) than on the the original poster, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:36 am

I once remarked that anyone who could count to five had already left West Virginia and sure enough it got Kim-Chi ballistic and lead to another warm exchange of unpleasantries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:44 am

Has he ever engaged in an exchange of pleasantries?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:02 am

Not with me anyway. He has not been seen since Feb. but some say he is under different names. Any insult to the southern states sets him off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 am

Charter looks good, but some of it could be open to very conservative interpretation.... Legal cases: presumably if RTE/the IT/etc can discuss them, then so can we.

I also think the not posting matters of a sexual nature could be clarified further... what you presumably mean is don't add links to XXX rated sites, but as written, it could mean you aren't allowed to discuss changes in family law, the X case, any proposed changes to the age of consent, changes to current abortion legislation, gay adoption etc....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions   The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Charter and site policies for feedback, comments, suggestions
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next