Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Newsflash: New Political Party Launches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 am

youngdan wrote:
I was being serious. Prior to the arrival of our esteemed scribe here I spoke highly of his abilities and his opinions. What surprises me is that parties are not put together by groups even as small as here not to mention the sites with many more posters.

There was a suggestion of putting together a political party on p.ie...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 am

ibis wrote:
youngdan wrote:
I was being serious. Prior to the arrival of our esteemed scribe here I spoke highly of his abilities and his opinions. What surprises me is that parties are not put together by groups even as small as here not to mention the sites with many more posters.

There was a suggestion of putting together a political party on p.ie...

Really - I am interested.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 am

Is this true or not ? I am about to press "send" on boards.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 am

cactus flower wrote:
ibis wrote:
youngdan wrote:
I was being serious. Prior to the arrival of our esteemed scribe here I spoke highly of his abilities and his opinions. What surprises me is that parties are not put together by groups even as small as here not to mention the sites with many more posters.

There was a suggestion of putting together a political party on p.ie...

Really - I am interested.

I don't know what happened to it, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:50 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
riadach did twtone announce it on p.ie? There's always boards...the pin etc. What are we waiting for ?


No he did not. It would have to have a strong anti-immigrant agenda to arouse his interest. I'm afraid the more publicity we get, the more likley we are to attract his unwelcome attention. If we still have a veto system, then mine goes against him.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 am

riadach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
riadach did twtone announce it on p.ie? There's always boards...the pin etc. What are we waiting for ?


No he did not. It would have to have a strong anti-immigrant agenda to arouse his interest. I'm afraid the more publicity we get, the more likley we are to attract his unwelcome attention. If we still have a veto system, then mine goes against him.

The way I see Machine Nation, Riadach, is that if we had Klingons on the Starboard Bow we would scrape them off, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:00 am

cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
riadach did twtone announce it on p.ie? There's always boards...the pin etc. What are we waiting for ?


No he did not. It would have to have a strong anti-immigrant agenda to arouse his interest. I'm afraid the more publicity we get, the more likley we are to attract his unwelcome attention. If we still have a veto system, then mine goes against him.

The way I see Machine Nation, Riadach, is that if we had Klingons on the Starboard Bow we would scrape them off, Jim.

Hmmm, the military strategist tells me that we should ambush them. Use the information they give to access their bank accounts then make them all buy shares in eircom. We could ruin them, ruin them.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:06 am

Apparently rakes of generals in WWII were Scorpios - more than one twelfth. Is that true.

Sorry I'm off topic.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 am

I did post it earlier on p.ie - on the Kildare election site, but when the link came up with **** in it, I deleted it. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:43 am

Kate P wrote:
The Machine Nation - First With News...

The People’s Accountability, Transparency and Standards Party will launch tomorrow night at 8pm in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth.

It was founded recently by Dr Florence Craven and Leo Armstrong - both of whom were active in political parties, FG and GP respectively.

They have a broad ranging manifesto and are deadly serious. It's their intention to run candidates across the country in the local elections.

As far as they're concerned, politics has failed the people and it is time for a return to basics so that people get value for their tax dollars and that public representatives and indeed public servants are accountable to the electorate.

They are focusing on the issues that affect the daily lives of ordinary people - dependable health, transport, employment - with prospects - and education and are particularly concerned about the increase in the cost of living and the pressure on wages.

They are two determined and capable people who, like Popeye, can stands no more.

Have they got a policy for managing the economy, Kate P

Are you going to the launch?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 am

I will probably be at the launch and will post any further details thereafter.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:21 am

I see KN broke it on p.ie, with a tip of the hat to Machine Nation and Kate.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Tonight at eight? I'll have a gander. Something to tell my grandchildren about.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Put a red ribbon in your hair and I'll say hello Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Kate P wrote:
Put a red ribbon in your hair and I'll say hello Smile
I'll leave that to you, ribbons don't suit me. I'll be the shifty-looking one at the back stealing sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:09 pm

I imagine that the party founders will have learned a lot from tonight's very positive meeting. There was a very small crowd but there were one or two very enthusiastic members of the audience who will probably take the initiative to move on.

It would be fair to say that there is a lot of learning to do. A bit like teaching maybe - show the leadership first and ask for input later.

Has potential but must work harder.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Fair play Kate. But you haven't answered the question on everyone's mind...
Are they as mad as a bag of cats? Yes/No.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm

eoinmn wrote:
Fair play Kate. But you haven't answered the question on everyone's mind...
Are they as mad as a bag of cats? Yes/No.

That might be the main qualification for : anyone setting up a new political party

cat cat cat cat cat


Last edited by cactus flower on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To put more cats in the bag)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Thu May 15, 2008 6:58 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
they reappear as the priorities party
http://www.prioritiesparty.com/
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/will-this-vote-make-difference-1373821.html

Thanks lostexpection. They seem to be expressing the frustration and indeed growing anger against the 'fatcatism' (1) and ineffectiveness of much of the public sector.

Better protection for tenant is an interesting one.

There does not seem to be any economic policy.

Would they be a couple of old dotes?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Thu May 15, 2008 7:25 pm

That looks like a good start.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   Thu May 15, 2008 8:16 pm

nahh a few lines in

Quote :
While FG does its best to curtail FF, they have failed in doing so.

you must be kidding,

FAIL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Newsflash: New Political Party Launches   

Back to top Go down
 
Newsflash: New Political Party Launches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Political movement between parties is expected after Eid al-Fitr, says Kurdish Blocs Coalition 19/08/2012 12:40
» Possible Manifestation?!? Party Invitation
» Iraqi political crisis as US completes pullout

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: Party Manifestos: What is your Party upto at present?-
Jump to: