Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc Empty
PostSubject: Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc   Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:25 pm

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0411/osearcaighc.html

Quote :
The filmmakers also said that the interviews with the young men in
Nepal and the confrontational interview with Mr Ó Searcaigh were only
included 'at the behest' of RTÉ.
RTÉ flatly denied this allegation and said that it wanted to ensure
that the story was told in a responsible way and that serious
allegations could be verified.

i think this continues to show that the directors motives were genuine if imperfect on this difficult subject, it show s she wasn't out to get him,and that the bits where people recently said showed she was trying to trap him, were actually rte ensuring that all sides were shown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc   Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:27 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0411/osearcaighc.html

Quote :
The filmmakers also said that the interviews with the young men in
Nepal and the confrontational interview with Mr Ó Searcaigh were only
included 'at the behest' of RTÉ.
RTÉ flatly denied this allegation and said that it wanted to ensure
that the story was told in a responsible way and that serious
allegations could be verified.

i think this continues to show that the directors motives were genuine if imperfect on this difficult subject, it show s she wasn't out to get him,and that the bits where people recently said showed she was trying to trap him, were actually rte ensuring that all sides were shown.

That makes sense to me, but all a bit cack handed and nobody really with their eye on the rights and welfare of the young men.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc   Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:01 pm

i don't think it was cack handed at all, i think that idea has beeen put over by his blind defenders, people always say the victims are the ones who sohuld be most important and looked after but that really hard to do ,it not easy to find those solutions, she went to the authorities and sought the help of proffessionals what more could she do.

Last edited by lostexpectation on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc   Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:17 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
i don't think it was cack handed at all, i think that idea has beeen put over by his blind defenders, people always say the vicitims are the ones who sohuld be most importantn and lookced after but that really hard to do ,it not easy to find those soutions, she went to the authorities and sought the help of professionals what more could she do.

I think she did her best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc   Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc Empty

Back to top Go down

Rte's involvement with Ó Searcaigh doc
Page 1 of 1