Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Anyone seen Fitna?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Anyone seen Fitna? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone seen Fitna?   Anyone seen Fitna? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Do ye remember the short film yer man Wilders was going to release? Many were expecting (some with eager anticipation) a massive backlash from the Muslim community, but aside from a few censorings and some economic embargoing the response has been quite muted. I guess 'they' learned not to fall into that particular trap.

If you haven't seen it, there's quite a detailed summary on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitna_%28film%29

I thought this was quite interesting. Wilders was having trouble broadcasting the film so
Quote :

On March 22, the Dutch Muslim Broadcasting Association (NMO) offered to air the film, on the proviso that it could be previewed for any possible illegal material and that Wilders would take part in a debate with proponents and opponents afterwards.[11][12] Wilders declined, quoted as saying "No way, NMO.
Back to top Go down

Anyone seen Fitna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen Fitna?   Anyone seen Fitna? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:59 pm

Haven't seen the film yet but mean to soon.

Also, read Garton Ash's article yesterday on this but havent had time to read the comments yet -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/apr/10/islam.religion
Back to top Go down

Anyone seen Fitna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen Fitna?   Anyone seen Fitna? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Have seen it. Am not impressed. To me, it's a piece of racist propaganda. The film opens with a quote from the Koran. This quote pupports to suggest that Muslims must arm themselves and butcher their enemies. In reality however, this quote is truncated. The real quote suggests that Muslims should amass as much force as possible to facilitate getting the best possible deal when suing for peace (a show of arms to show the alternative to peace). After that it's all mush that attempts to bypass the intellect and set aflame the passions. I'd say this piece of tripe has more in common with the bowel than the heart.

I'm neither a Muslim nor a Christian. And I'd not have a lot of good to say about either religion. What I'd have to say on either religion would not be said to demean or to promote hatred. That cannot be said of Fitna, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone seen Fitna? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen Fitna?   Anyone seen Fitna? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen Fitna?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Vibes and Scribes :: Print and Televisual Media, Firebrand Cinema-
Jump to: