Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Whisky Ramblings

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:07 am

Mod Mod Kate P

He does look a little blue though. Come closer to the fire, Johnfas and we'll share some brandy with you. We can discuss, as men do, important matter of state.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 am

cookiemonster wrote:
He does look a little blue though. Come closer to the fire, Johnfas and we'll share some brandy with you. We can discuss, as men do, important matter of state.

Matter of state? You mean atoms and electrons and things like that?
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Perhaps you two can have the brandy, or what's left of it... I'll just sit quietly and listen.

*hic*
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Perhaps you two can have the brandy, or what's left of it... I'll just sit quietly and listen.

*hic*

Meh, I prefer whiskey. Brandy ain't so dandy.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:21 am

Whiskey makes me rowdy.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:21 am

cookiemonster wrote:

Any Montecristos?

What do people here do... for a living... or just to pass the day? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:25 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Whiskey makes me rowdy.

Laughing

I'm sure it does, cookiemonster.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:38 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Whiskey makes me rowdy.

Laughing

I love whiskey but I just can't drink it at all. It sends me totally out of character.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Whiskey makes me rowdy.

Laughing

I love whiskey but I just can't drink it at all. It sends me totally out of character.

Even in moderation? As a night-cap, on-for-the-road type drink?
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:44 am

No, not a drop at all. Once I do I tend not to stop. Which again isn't my usual character.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:46 am

cookiemonster wrote:
No, not a drop at all. Once I do I tend not to stop. Which again isn't my usual character.

Righteo, whiskey is off the agenda then.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 am

cookiemonster wrote:

I have much the same response to it...however, it usually makes me rowdy in a non-violent way, unless (a) I'm depressed, or (b) it's bourbon. Drinking bourbon while depressed has led in the distantish past to me picking fights with random strangers outside Croydon nightclubs. All of those things are very far outside my usual character.
Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 am

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I have much the same response to it...however, it usually makes me rowdy in a non-violent way, unless (a) I'm depressed, or (b) it's bourbon. Drinking bourbon while depressed has led in the distantish past to me picking fights with random strangers outside Croydon nightclubs. All of those things are very far outside my usual character.

Yeah I have had similar experiences on bourbon...I never drink it now, the smell of Jack Daniels will forever remind me of my leaving cert holiday to Tenerife. I also think I might be allergic to it because it makes my cheeks exceptionally red.

I do like nice whiskey though. Jameson Crested Ten or Glenlivet Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whisky Ramblings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Ramblings   Whisky Ramblings Empty

Back to top Go down

Whisky Ramblings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Gardening and Cookery-
Jump to: