Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A Political Philosopy Sub-forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Political Philosopy Sub-forum Empty
PostSubject: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 pm

I don't know if you would get contributors but I would be interested in a forum on political philosophy where people could explore the different aspects of political doctrines and systems.

For instance, I have read that communism and capitalism are just flip sides of mass atomized technological societiies.

I have also heard that some american political doctrine equates economic freedom with political freedom.

The Iraqi debacle also could be examined in respect of how political systems cannot be enforced at will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 pm

What about the political theory/radical politics forum in politics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Could we not try to inform our general political threads with a higher level of theoretical understanding rather than marginalising theory to an enclave inhabited only by those whose world is exclusively subjective in an epistemological sense? What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Could we not try to inform our general political threads with a higher level of theoretical understanding rather than marginalising theory to an enclave inhabited only by those whose world is exclusively subjective in an epistemological sense? What a Face

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Embarassed
I think that fits the bill. Can this thread be locked????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Political Philosopy Sub-forum   A Political Philosopy Sub-forum Empty

Back to top Go down

A Political Philosopy Sub-forum
Page 1 of 1