Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Pie but not as we expected it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:11 pm

So I decided to use some left over chicken to make a pie for my dinner this evening.
I'd boiled some spuds, chopped some leeks and grated some emmentaler for the pie.

Made it all up and fired it in the oven. Only after I took it out did I realise I'd neglected to include the chicken pieces in it! Sad

But it's tasty none the less.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:14 pm

You could call it E&OE pie ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Excellent stuff. You enjoyed a perfecly good, perfectly tasty dinner without the needless suffering of animals. I myself had a delicious potato/onion/cheese combination. Twas very tasty, especially followed up by a good old-fashioned brew of Lyon's Gold Blend.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Excellent stuff. You enjoyed a perfecly good, perfectly tasty dinner without the needless suffering of animals. I myself had a delicious potato/onion/cheese combination. Twas very tasty, especially followed up by a good old-fashioned brew of Lyon's Gold Blend.

I'm mostly veggie these days, but it was more to use up the left overs and not have them go to waste (dog got them in the end) that I decided to make the pie. It wasn't bad but it did need something other that leeks and cheese to fill it.

As for tea, I'm off to try the Earl Grey.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Excellent stuff. You enjoyed a perfecly good, perfectly tasty dinner without the needless suffering of animals. I myself had a delicious potato/onion/cheese combination. Twas very tasty, especially followed up by a good old-fashioned brew of Lyon's Gold Blend.

I'm mostly veggie these days, but it was more to use up the left overs and not have them go to waste (dog got them in the end) that I decided to make the pie. It wasn't bad but it did need something other that leeks and cheese to fill it.

As for tea, I'm off to try the Earl Grey.

Earl Grey, is it by Twinings?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:54 pm

Lipton
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:57 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Lipton

Ooh...I'm not as comfortable with them. I have issues with their iced tea, I think that drink is only there for people who haven't enough balls to take the real stuff.

It should be good all the same. Twinings is the leading brand, however.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm wrong it is Twinings. The green tea in the cupboard is Lipton. I've put my glasses 
down somewhere and without them on I am unable to locate them.... ! 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
I'm wrong it is Twinings. The green tea in the cupboard is Lipton. I've put my glasses 
down somewhere and without them on I am unable to locate them.... ! 

Good stuff, all is well in the world.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Ok so I'm had my first tasting and it's a lot more palatable than that awful apple stuff. It was like licking an air freshner or something.

I've taken it without milk as the internet advised and how I would normally take most hot drinks (other than my beloved Latte) and it's quite nice. It's got a soft confortable flavour. I think I shall be drinking it again. Which is just as well seeing as I bought a box of 50 bags.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I'm wrong it is Twinings. The green tea in the cupboard is Lipton. I've put my glasses 
down somewhere and without them on I am unable to locate them.... ! 

Good stuff, all is well in the world.

If not a little blurry...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:15 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ok so I'm had my first tasting and it's a lot more palatable than that awful apple stuff. It was like licking an air freshner or something.

I've taken it without milk as the internet advised and how I would normally take most hot drinks (other than my beloved Latte) and it's quite nice. It's got a soft confortable flavour. I think I shall be drinking it again. Which is just as well seeing as I bought a box of 50 bags.

My sentiments precisely, cookiemonster. Earl Grey has a far nicer palate and much better finish than the likes of Lyon's or Barry's.

The problem with them is that they are too bitter and take lower-quality tea-leaves to mix into their blends.

Earl Grey is a more delicately selected brew and is therefore more palatable.

The addition of the oil from the bergamot orange to Earl Grey is the agent in this tea which give it its distinctive aroma. It is the factor which makes this the King of Teas.

A very fine purchase, cookiemonster, I wish you every pleasure with the remaining 49 tea-bags.

btw, don't use honey as a sweetener, it jarred with the Earl Grey imo. Sugar(that common stuff in 1kg bags, believe it or not) is a better sweetener than honey. However, the finest accessorie to an Earl Grey is a slice of lemon.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:19 am

Aye I had a slice of lemon in it. I don't use sugar as a rule, much the same way I don't add extra salt to my food.

Saldy it didn't aid in settling my tummy.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Aye I had a slice of lemon in it. I don't use sugar as a rule, much the same way I don't add extra salt to my food.

Saldy it didn't aid in settling my tummy.

Ah, so ist das Leben. I have to say you are a man of sublime discrimination in how you handle your Earl Grey. Maith an fear!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:27 am

I declined a second cup, moderation is a virtue. I'm having a beer instead. 
I bought Corona, partly because I like a change and partly because I couldn't get the Heineken out of the fridge in the shop and my struggle with it was starting to draw attention.

It's not bad but it's a little mild for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I declined a second cup, moderation is a virtue. I'm having a beer instead. 
I bought Corona, partly because I like a change and partly because I couldn't get the Heineken out of the fridge in the shop and my struggle with it was starting to draw attention.

It's not bad but it's a little mild for my tastes.

I also recommend a cup/glass of hot milk with lots of pepper as a cure for an upset stomach. Anytime your Ard-Taoiseach has a gastronomic crisis, the correct stimulus package has always been a mix of lactic and herbal policies.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Emm, yes pies. I like a steak and kidney pie myself, but it's so hard to get a nice one. The more animals in there, the better. Washed down with the cheapest vodka on the market.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:43 pm

You couldn't pay me to eat steak and kidney pie. Why make a pie full of lovely steak and then stick dirty wee bits in it.

Naaaasty.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 am

Mmm, kidney. The only thing that taste's better than liver.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:52 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I declined a second cup, moderation is a virtue. I'm having a beer instead.
I bought Corona, partly because I like a change and partly because I couldn't get the Heineken out of the fridge in the shop and my struggle with it was starting to draw attention.

It's not bad but it's a little mild for my tastes.

I also recommend a cup/glass of hot milk with lots of pepper as a cure for an upset stomach. Anytime your Ard-Taoiseach has a gastronomic crisis, the correct stimulus package has always been a mix of lactic and herbal policies.
And I would recommend peppermint. After Dinner Mints really do work a treat.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm

It's lower gastronomic issues I've been suffering from, so unless the peppermint tea comes with a funnel...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
It's lower gastronomic issues I've been suffering from, so unless the peppermint tea comes with a funnel...
I've been told that you can get over-the-counter peppermint tablets which don't dissolve in the stomach but, eh, further down, which I'm assured do wonders. Naturally, I can't remember the name of them, but it begins with 'c' (I think). I'll check with the schwester.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Oh, do find out please. Would do no harm.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Oh, do find out please. Would do no harm.

Might also be worth looking into a book (i know - another one!) called You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay.

I'm not suggesting that it's a cure - or that it leads to a cure, but it certainly is encouraging in terms of getting a person to think about the reasons behind their illnesses. I had a copy and gave it away, I'm afraid but borrow it from the library if you like and see what you think.

Suspend your disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 pm

I am now convinced that my present health issues are work (or work derived stress) related.

Of course the whole waiting for work from jobs I've applied for is also stressful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pie but not as we expected it.   

Back to top Go down
 
Pie but not as we expected it.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Expected life of the Brawa mixing valve?
» Precepts Question
» Higher than expected hot Jovian albedos?
» Central Bank: restructuring of the Iraqi dinar will not start before 2013 or intention for the printing of new categories of cash
» Araji expected to end the "Iraqi" boycott soon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Gardening and Cookery-
Jump to: