Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... Empty
PostSubject: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Just heard one of the Orangutans escaped from Dublin Zoo...
Bernie Wright of the Alliance for Animals Rights (friends of yours, Auditor#9?) said that "the understandably frustrated animal had been confined in an enclosure for 24 years. Zoos are a throwback to the menageries of Victorian times".

Has he/she been caught? ( Orangutan, not Bernie)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Yup she was caught and tranquilised. It happened during the week but only seemed to make the papers on the weekend.

She climbed over a tiger enclosure - lucky she didn't fall in!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:26 pm

johnfás wrote:
Yup she was caught and tranquilised. It happened during the week but only seemed to make the papers on the weekend.

She climbed over a tiger enclosure - lucky she didn't fall in!!

Lucky for the tiger maybe - I believe an orangutan can give you a hell of a whack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 pm

I wonder what was first on her agenda when she made good her escape.
Fair Trade Bananas?
A place of her own for private orangutan sex without hoards of perplexed schoolkids looking on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:21 am

Little snippet of Irish History for you re Dublin Zoo:

At a meeting called and chaired by the Duke of Leinster in the Rotunda, Dublin, on 10 May 1830 it was decided to establish The Zoological Society of Dublin "to form a collection of living animals, on the plan of the Zoological establishment of London.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 am

and another:

Dublin Zoological Gardens, the third oldest public zoo in the world, opened to the public on September 1 1831. In the first 14 months there were 36,497 visitors who contributed £508 in subscriptions and £912 in entrance fees. The Zoo had 46 mammals, including 15 monkeys, and 72 birds.

Notice the Zoo opened before the Victorian Age began!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 am

Brandubh wrote:
and another:

Dublin Zoological Gardens, the third oldest public zoo in the world, opened to the public on September 1 1831. In the first 14 months there were 36,497 visitors who contributed £508 in subscriptions and £912 in entrance fees. The Zoo had 46 mammals, including 15 monkeys, and 72 birds.

Notice the Zoo opened before the Victorian Age began!

Interesting that it's about the same time that Ireland got compulsory primary education...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:36 am

I think that the entire Phoenix Park should be turned into an elephant sanctuary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 am

Kate. I have had in my mind a very proper picture of you and I may have to adjust it somewhat now that one of your concerns seems to be the quality of a orangutans sex life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:59 am

Hes been caught. Party on...Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... Banana10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 am

youngdan wrote:
Kate. I have had in my mind a very proper picture of you and I may have to adjust it somewhat now that one of your concerns seems to be the quality of a orangutans sex life

I took my niece and nephew to the zoo not too long ago and had an interesting time trying to find a way not to explain oral sex to two kids under 8... I felt sorry for the orangutans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:11 am

People , ehem , used to throw fags to the chimps in Dervock Safari park. They could use lighters and matchs. Well, I mean, if you had to live near Ballymoney you'd be abusin harder drugs. They had to buy them patchs but the people kept throwin......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:27 am

Kate now I am really thrown for a loop. Why did you feel sorry for the orangutans if there was oral sex on display. I would imagine that would be one hell of a happy monkey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:33 pm

youngdan wrote:
Kate now I am really thrown for a loop. Why did you feel sorry for the orangutans if there was oral sex on display. I would imagine that would be one hell of a happy monkey.

To be honest, Dublin Zoo is not so much a genteel and scientific pleasure garden as it is our animal version of Abu Ghraib.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:10 pm

It may not have been consensual then and the victim would have been justified for making a break for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...   Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo... Empty

Back to top Go down

Orangutan escaped from Dublin Zoo...
Page 1 of 1