Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 pm

johnfás wrote:
It is amazing the effect the camera has on people. I remember bringing a group of young people to a thing at RTE. Could you get them to stop staring into the camera every time it passed by? Not a chance!

It is true. And then they look at the monitor to see themselves! D'oh! I have been at conferences for all the parties and the worst by far at doing it was FFers. RTÉ only had to show a camera and crowds would appear like zombies walking towards it practically saying 'must get on TV. Must get on TV.'
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It was spooky.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Papal_knight Two wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
No Papal- take another close look. They seem to be mainly arranged. A bit like a family photo ? Then there are a few at the back trying to squeeze themselves in.

If they were 'arranged' it certainly wouldn't be by RTÉ. They absolutely hate gangs of gombeens grouped around a poll corr at conferences.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense, what with David being superglued to the floor an all.

Do you believe even half the shite you post?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Papal_knight Two wrote:
johnfás wrote:
It is amazing the effect the camera has on people. I remember bringing a group of young people to a thing at RTE. Could you get them to stop staring into the camera every time it passed by? Not a chance!

It is true. And then they look at the monitor to see themselves! D'oh! I have been at conferences for all the parties and the worst by far at doing it was FFers. RTÉ only had to show a camera and crowds would appear like zombies walking towards it practically saying 'must get on TV. Must get on TV.'
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It was spooky.
That’s because they’re knucklescrapers, not suave, urbane or sophisticated the way you’d be yourself like.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
johnfás wrote:
It is amazing the effect the camera has on people. I remember bringing a group of young people to a thing at RTE. Could you get them to stop staring into the camera every time it passed by? Not a chance!

It is true. And then they look at the monitor to see themselves! D'oh! I have been at conferences for all the parties and the worst by far at doing it was FFers. RTÉ only had to show a camera and crowds would appear like zombies walking towards it practically saying 'must get on TV. Must get on TV.'
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It was spooky.
That’s because they’re knucklescrapers, not suave, urbane or sophisticated the way you’d be yourself like.

Ah g'wan tonys. A little laugh in these dark and dreary days is small compensation for all the grief they've inflicted. Allow us our simple pleasures.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 pm

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
johnfás wrote:
It is amazing the effect the camera has on people. I remember bringing a group of young people to a thing at RTE. Could you get them to stop staring into the camera every time it passed by? Not a chance!

It is true. And then they look at the monitor to see themselves! D'oh! I have been at conferences for all the parties and the worst by far at doing it was FFers. RTÉ only had to show a camera and crowds would appear like zombies walking towards it practically saying 'must get on TV. Must get on TV.'
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

It was spooky.
That’s because they’re knucklescrapers, not suave, urbane or sophisticated the way you’d be yourself like.

Ah g'wan tonys. A little laugh in these dark and dreary days is small compensation for all the grief they've inflicted. Allow us our simple pleasures.
Well you have PK, they don't come much simpler than that. Enjoy, if that's your thing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 am

Thankyou. I will try not to feel guilty about italthough I know I should.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am

tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
No Papal- take another close look. They seem to be mainly arranged. A bit like a family photo ? Then there are a few at the back trying to squeeze themselves in.

If they were 'arranged' it certainly wouldn't be by RTÉ. They absolutely hate gangs of gombeens grouped around a poll corr at conferences.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense, what with David being superglued to the floor an all.

Do you believe even half the shite you post?

Actually, if you knew anything you would know that the camera is set in place to get a wide shot of the stage and set and DDP can only stand in one place to be in shot. You cannot dismantle the camera and move it to the new location in the three minutes between the end of the coverage of the speech and the start of the 9 O'clock speech to get away from a couple of neanderthal Fianna Fáilers. But then why let facts interfere your usual idiotic posts? You are an expert of posting shite. It seems to flow naturally to some Fianna Fáilers.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 am

Papal_knight Two wrote:
Katie P wrote:
Point 3

Quote :

We need to protect our native businesses to the greatest extent possible.
That is why, at our next Cabinet meeting we will set up an Enterprise Stabilisation Fund with initial funding of €100m to be run by Enterprise Ireland. The aim of the fund is to support viable but vulnerable exporting companies who, but for this recession, would be thriving.

Like the rest of the speech it was hogwash. It should have been done weeks if not months ago. If it was such a good idea, why wasn't? Or did they cynically hold this 'good' idea for the ard fheis? If they did, and so let companies go to the wall because it was not set up yet they deserve contempt.

Hogwash? No, that was Enda Kenny's speech at the YFG conference the other day and even hoggier wash was Jim Higgins before it and hogtied was President Barry Walsh in between. If I had a fiver for every time I found myself saying 'so tell me something I don't know' I'd be on a beach in Barbados.

During which Enda confused himself about whether FF saw this coming and didn't take action or didn't know it was coming so how could they be prepared. One of the basics of debating is that you should at least have the team line right.

So much bile for a man who promises such a caring government.

So are we to conclude from your paragraph that it is actually a good idea, though you'd have preferred to have seen action before now and that you're picking up on your leader's rather nasty habit of asking a sordid question so that whether or not the answer is sordid, something will leave a bitter taste in the public's mouth? Where's the basis for the supposition that companies could have gone to the wall because FF may have allegedly been sitting on this - or at least the announcement of this?

I was thinking of you and this thread today by the way, during Drivetime.

When Alan Dukes LEFT THE STUDIO TALKING while Mary Wilson was broadcasting live. The red light would have been on, as naturally happens when the broadcaster's fader is up. How could he not know to wait until the iminent break before leaving and letting the soundproof door creak. Tsk.

But of late, FG have shown a startling lack of response to what should be glaring red lights.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 am

Papal_knight Two wrote:
tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
No Papal- take another close look. They seem to be mainly arranged. A bit like a family photo ? Then there are a few at the back trying to squeeze themselves in.

If they were 'arranged' it certainly wouldn't be by RTÉ. They absolutely hate gangs of gombeens grouped around a poll corr at conferences.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense, what with David being superglued to the floor an all.

Do you believe even half the shite you post?

Actually, if you knew anything you would know that the camera is set in place to get a wide shot of the stage and set and DDP can only stand in one place to be in shot.
More's the pity the same cannot be said for yourself.

You, yes even you, could dismantle a camera from the tripod in about 10 seconds flat, move it anywhere you want and reset in about the same time. The more obvious alternative of course would be to tell the "onlookers" to fuck off, double quick or you'll zoom in on their wig.

If RTE didn't want the group arranged around DDP, they wouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 am

Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 am

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 am

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 am

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Come on tonys, you didn't watch it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:47 am

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Come on tonys, you didn't watch it.
Of course I did.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:52 am

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Come on tonys, you didn't watch it.
Of course I did.

Just made the tea when Brian was speaking, is it ?

Quote :
tonys
First Master: Movement
Joined : 18 Mar 2008
Subject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake? Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't had a look at the speech myself yet, but it must have been good if this is the best or worst you lot can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 am

cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Come on tonys, you didn't watch it.
Of course I did.

Just made the tea when Brian was speaking, is it ?

Quote :
tonys
First Master: Movement
Joined : 18 Mar 2008
Subject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake? Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't had a look at the speech myself yet, but it must have been good if this is the best or worst you lot can come up with.
I didn't watch it live, but I did watch it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 am

Bootleg video ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:56 am

Papal_knight Two wrote:
Actually, if you knew anything you would know that the camera is set in place to get a wide shot of the stage and set and DDP can only stand in one place to be in shot. You cannot dismantle the camera and move it to the new location in the three minutes between the end of the coverage of the speech and the start of the 9 O'clock speech to get away from a couple of neanderthal Fianna Fáilers.
I think that you are just a waffler of a Bertian magnitude. One camera on a main political party Ard Fheis? Perhaps you are more credible on political matters but I don't think that you have a clue about technology.

Regards...jmcc
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 pm

It is quite probable that one would only have one camera on the floor at an event like that. You'd have one camera at the back of the tier, one on the floor and then one on a boom for swoops and overhead shots. Only one of those three cameras would be suitable for an interview though.

You might be surprised how few cameras are at these big events. In Croke Park last saturday there were only 5 cameras covering the gameplay of the match which was an area much bigger than a speech and with alot more movement, one would hope.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:07 pm

johnfás wrote:
You might be surprised how few cameras are at these big events.
Actually I wouldn't. I have some experience with broadcast engineering and technology.

Regards...jmcc
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Maybe take a look at Constantin's blog.

Heard Enough ? Part II
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Lets face it, an organisation that gives us Pat Kenny every week has nothing to learn about wooden.
They were obviously told to gather round, look at the camera and say nothing, this they did, to excess.
If there's blame here it should be awarded to whatever plank from RTE was in charge.

Does it say something about the conference that this is all we want to talk about ?
It says it went quite well and there's damn all negatives for webites to talk about.

Maybe take a look at Constantin's blog.

Heard Enough ? Part II
Ah! Bloggers.
If only the Irish Times could employ them all, they would get the status they think they deserve (delusional or wha!) and we would get back all that wasted space they currently take up.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Yeah, who does that Gurdgiev nobody think he is anyway? FFS.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm

coc wrote:
Yeah, who does that Gurdgiev nobody think he is anyway? FFS.
I'm sure he knows who he is, if he doesn't, someone in RTE could tell him, he's on there often enough.

He knows who he is, but like all bloggers, he thinks his opinion is of such note that, in the national, if not international interest, everyone needs to read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?   

Back to top Go down
 
Fianna Fáil Ard-Fheis - An Irish Wake?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Irish Jokes
» Hi..My name is Linda Irish...I wanted to say I am happy to find your site...
» any Irish sleevers???
» Queens Royal Irish Hussars, Wolfenbüttel 1964-68
» Irish Rangers -- and others -- in Hemer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: