Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Rumours .... (be careful)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Rumours ....  (be careful) Empty
PostSubject: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:33 am

Do any of ye think George Lee could become Financial Regulator or Governor of the Central Bank ?

There's a rumour going around the internet ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 am

No.

Does he have any experience in a management capacity? None that I have seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:41 am

Our members have posted a total of 70372 messages in 2000 subjects.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 am

johnfás wrote:
No.

Does he have any experience in a management capacity? None that I have seen.

Management skills ... ? Could he not delegate ..? Could he not delegate to Charlie Bird, the management side ?

I'd say Charlie is good for the management but George can see the Enemy in the distance from the Battlements.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Eddie Hobbs could end up as Governor of the Central Bank ? Or Lee Regulator, Hobbs Governor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 3:43 am

These are not rumours, these are the stuff of nightmares.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I reckon the The George Lee thing is more of a joke than a rumour! He is an economist, not a banker or a regulator.

The central bank needs a banker, preferably a former governor or highly placed official of a successful foreign central bank from years gone by.

The regulator needs somebody with enforcement management skills and also needs to be from outside the system. I think we need somebody who has carried out compliance checks within a bank and knows how people try to avoid compliance and the indicators of non compliance at a macro and micro level. An American who would bring an american white collar compliance ethos might work well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 am

re governor of central bank and financial regulator, how about this:
offer the job as an inducement to whistle-blowing;
whichever banker/bank employee gives up the most/juiciest dirt on the fcukers who ruined our banking system/economy gets the job, on condition that criminal convictions are obtained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumours .... (be careful)   Rumours ....  (be careful) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumours .... (be careful)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: