Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Trades Union protest.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Trades Union protest. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 am

tonys wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:
Bollox it may be and I deliberately didn't take part today for lots of reasons but in less than fifteen weeks time there will be voting. Let's see who the people choose then.

Given the state of the economy, do we have 15 weeks to wait?
Given the state of the constitution "we" don't have any choice, no matter how much self-serving bollox is printed.
Cén fáth tonys?
Why what?
I was not testing your Irish abilities. Where does the Constitution mandate that we wait 15 weeks before a general election?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:49 am

tonys wrote:
CitiZenJon wrote:
tonys wrote:
CitiZenJon wrote:
well hello tonys,
long time no flame.
how do CJ.

P.ie wasn't the same without you. I saw DC b& you, bad f*ckin' show.
DC said he has his reason, but like his string vest which holds about as much water, he keeps it close to his chest.

affraid lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:50 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Quote :

The truth is it isn't a pension levy, but a pay cut disguised as a pension levy.
Indeed it is. That is what I have been saying.
For the very good reason that the unions stated publicly before the talks that they would consider all manner of reduction of the 22 billion wage bill but actual pay cuts they would not go for, it was to give them as much chance as possible to sell it and maintain the partnership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:52 am

tonys wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Quote :

The truth is it isn't a pension levy, but a pay cut disguised as a pension levy.
Indeed it is. That is what I have been saying.
For the very good reason that the unions stated publicly before the talks that they would consider all manner of reduction of the 22 billion wage bill but actual pay cuts they would not go for, it was to give them as much chance as possible to sell it and maintain the partnership.
That I don't doubt tonys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:55 am

evercloserunion wrote:
tonys wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:
Bollox it may be and I deliberately didn't take part today for lots of reasons but in less than fifteen weeks time there will be voting. Let's see who the people choose then.

Given the state of the economy, do we have 15 weeks to wait?
Given the state of the constitution "we" don't have any choice, no matter how much self-serving bollox is printed.
Cén fáth tonys?
Why what?
I was not testing your Irish abilities. Where does the Constitution mandate that we wait 15 weeks before a general election?
I didn't think you were, mind you they wouldn't stand much testing.

The point I was making was that a change of Government or even for a vote to express whatever anger people might feel has to wait until an election is due whenever that might be and at the moment the next voting opportunity is in 15 weeks time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyauaumhsngb/
Why are the Taxi Driver's striking over the Pension Levy??? Very Happy

I think Breaking News got it wrong.

UPDATE: 16:04 They've fixed it, after an email from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:03 pm

eoinmn wrote:
http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyauaumhsngb/
Why are the Taxi Driver's striking over the Pension Levy??? Very Happy

I think Breaking News got it wrong.

UPDATE: 16:04 They've fixed it, after an email from me.

Making the news now, eoinmn ? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 pm

MachineNation
We make the news*

*Or at least check it for errors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Actually, I've a younger brother who seems to regularly correct the BBC on their news items about Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:15 pm

eoinmn wrote:
Actually, I've a younger brother who seems to regularly correct the BBC on their news items about Ireland.

I used to do that alot when I was but an undergraduate with the time on my hands! In fairness to the Beeb they always send a polite and thorough reply which is more than can be said for RTE.

One thing I used to often pick them up on was referring to the modern day Northern Ireland as "Northern Ireland" in historical documentaries of period prior to partition. Talk about pedantic on my part Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Very Happy
I think its use of the expression "British Isles" which gets on my goat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trades Union protest.   Trades Union protest. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trades Union protest.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2