Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Does FG want the job ?

I would think they and Labour would. People don't go into politics not believing that they could be a good government. And frankly, could anyone really be worse?

Yes times are very difficult. And yes if FG and Labour were acting on self-interest they would not want the job. But both those parties, going by what they say in the media, genuinely believe they could do the job well and it is not in the country's interest to let the current incompetent shower remain in office a day longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Papal_knight Two wrote:
People don't go into politics not believing that they could be a good government
True, and personally I'd have difficulty supporting a party that passes on the opportunity to enter government because of who they'd have to be in coalition with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm

eoinmn wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
People don't go into politics not believing that they could be a good government
True, and personally I'd have difficulty supporting a party that passes on the opportunity to enter government because of who they'd have to be in coalition with.
So, when John Gormley made his notorious "Planet Bertie" speech in Galway, did you object at the time?

And why did the Greens pass on the opportunity of entering government in 2002 when they also had 6 TDs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 pm

soubresauts wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
So, when John Gormley made his notorious "Planet Bertie" speech in Galway, did you object at the time?
He or Sargent didn't completely rule out coalition with FF so I was happy with that.

soubresauts wrote:
And why did the Greens pass on the opportunity of entering government in 2002 when they also had 6 TDs?
Were they approached by FF and PDs? If they were then they should have taken the oppurtunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:01 pm

eoinmn wrote:
soubresauts wrote:
eoinmn wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
He or Sargent didn't completely rule out coalition with FF so I was happy with that.

soubresauts wrote:
Were they approached by FF and PDs? If they were then they should have taken the oppurtunity.
No they weren't approached, so they passed on a non-opportunity, probably a very sensible course of action in the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So   General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Election in 2009? Paddy Power Obviously Thinks So
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2