Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Valentine's Day

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFQlZht2DU4

I can't see the point but am always amused by the hype...
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 am

I'm a bad boyfriend, I refuse to do anything for Valentines day. But equally my girlfriend is a bad girlfriend and hates it as well. Unfortunately for her her mother loves it and wishes we would do stuff on it - pile of nonsense Razz.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 am

Kate P wrote:

go'n outta that, you love it.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 am

tonys wrote:
Kate P wrote:

go'n outta that, you love it.

Smile

A Hallmark moment, by tonys.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:09 am

johnfás wrote:
I'm a bad boyfriend, I refuse to do anything for Valentines day. But equally my girlfriend is a bad girlfriend and hates it as well. Unfortunately for her her mother loves it and wishes we would do stuff on it - pile of nonsense Razz.

Have an Anti-Valentine's Day where you rip up soppy faux-emotional cards, make a mess of bouquets bought from petrol stations and throw a rock in the window of the local Hallmark!
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Have an Anti-Valentine's Day where you rip up soppy faux-emotional cards, make a mess of bouquets bought from petrol stations and throw a rock in the window of the local Hallmark!
or
Use it as an excuse to spend a weekend in Paris, now there's value.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 am

tonys wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

or
Use it as an excuse to spend a weekend in Paris, now there's value.

Hmm, that works as well.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:27 am

Well I can't afford a trip to Paris so that is that sorted.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 am

johnfás wrote:
I'm a bad boyfriend, I refuse to do anything for Valentines day. But equally my girlfriend is a bad girlfriend and hates it as well.

Yes, I feel exactly the same about it. Herself tells me she feels the same but I reckon its all a test and she's waiting for the 14th Feb where i send a basket of flowers to her office and take her out for a meal and all that stuff. If so I fail annually.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 am

Away with ye naysayers, me and the missus are going to Galway for a nice meal.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 am

Would it be cheaper to go the day after? If it were, that would be when I would go.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 am

johnfás wrote:
Would it be cheaper to go the day after? If it were, that would be when I would go.

Yes, thats what most men would do, but women think in a fundamentally differnt way about it.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 am

Flowers are always good.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 am

A bunch of roses from a florist this weekend will cost you several hundred per cent more than any other weekend. I'll buy her some next week Razz. She's an arctophile so that tends to determine the purchases.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 am

Why not a pot plant? It will be there for years if looked after. An investment in pleasure.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 am

johnfás wrote:
A bunch of roses from a florist this weekend will cost you several hundred per cent more than any other weekend. I'll buy her some next week Razz. She's an arctophile so that tends to determine the purchases.

Well, for those who feel they have to do something - and being harrangued into feeling you have to do something seems to be the whole point...

It's springtime. M&S are selling nice bunches of Irish daffodils and Tesco are selling small bunches of Irish-packed (???) daffodils. Filling the place with those would be a lovely gesture, imho. And there are even places - bulb farms - where you could spend half a day picking daffodils together, I know there's one outside Tullamore though I can't think of the name of it right now.

What does a dozen roses cost on Valentine's Day? I made the Paris suggestion to someone yesterday too, tonys. It's a little more engaging than handing over the overpriced flowers and the fattening chocolates (I don't know any woman who wants chocolates on Valentine's day) and then fecking off to watch the match.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 am

Squire wrote:
Why not a pot plant? It will be there for years if looked after. An investment in pleasure.

That, I do believe is the moral of the story...
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 am

I met this gorgeous Solicitor on the Dole Queue the other week ...

We could start a contemporary version of this story ...

Valentine's Day LOTDprogramme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_on_the_Dole
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Valentine's Day LOTDprogramme

Go for it man, remember "a faint heart never won fair lady", mind you, it never got embarrassed in the dole office either. Be brave my friend.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Kate P wrote:
Squire wrote:

That, I do believe is the moral of the story...
Paris is full of two way streets, just one of the reasons I like it so much.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm

tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Go for it man, remember "a faint heart never won fair lady", mind you, it never got embarrassed in the dole office either. Be brave my friend.

It's not very interesting though, that opening line. Or accurate. How about this:

I couldn't decide which one I liked best out of the 45 solicitors, 80 IT consultants, 30 teachers, 26 mechanics, 277 Polish construction workers and 400 Dell workers I met in the Dole Office last week ...

I'm still waiting around for a couple of bankers to choose from, maybe some nice civil servants ..
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
tonys wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

It's not very interesting though, that opening line. Or accurate. How about this:

I couldn't decide which one I liked best out of the 45 solicitors, 80 IT consultants, 30 teachers, 26 mechanics, 277 Polish construction workers and 400 Dell workers I met in the Dole Office last week ...

I'm still waiting around for a couple of bankers to choose from, maybe some nice civil servants ..
You want to write a play?
I thought you were chasing a woman. When you said “we” I thought an answer of 3 would have overshot the mark.
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Anyone remember this classic - in which Digoutday dumped his partner because of a Christmas Party slip up ?

http://www.politics.ie/chat/25653-happy-valentines-day-politics-ie-posters.html
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:40 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Anyone remember this classic - in which Digoutday dumped his partner because of a Christmas Party slip up ?

Hmm. Something nasty about that particular serving of revenge. Maybe Mrs Digoutday had her reasons for misbehaving at the Christmas party?
Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Lucky girl, on other hand if she was dumb enough to go out with him in the first place????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valentine's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: