Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Irish intolerance

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm

We were studying the equal treatment measures in EU law today and it got me thinking about what kind of prejudices are still built into the Irish mindset (I'm talking about the younger more progressive Irish). For the most part we have come a long way in the last few decades to be tolerant of most minorities. Racism has never been a particularly bad problem here, and homosexuals are accepted and respected by the vast majority of young Irish people.

However, one of the first cases we studied about EU equal treatment laws regarded a transexual. Upon mention of the word "transexual" by the lecturer the class started laughing, which really bothered me. These are mature and intelligent people, and obviously there would be no such laughter at the mention of the word "gay" or "disabled". It would appear that in some respects we still have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm

I am laughing myself. A transsexual is a lad who has his mickie cut off. If he is attracted to males why not be just a conventional gay man.

It is highly insulting to compare these cuckoos with disabled people.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Youngdan, you might want to do a little research and rethink what you've posted above...
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm

I have found the same thing in any class which has mentioned cases involving Foy.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:11 pm

I am all ears Kate. I am not claiming to be an expert on transexuals. I will start with 2 questions

1. Is a transsexual a lad that wants to cut off his mickie

2. Is a transsexual and a trangender the same specimen.

I am assuming that a homo and trans are similiar but not quite the same. A homo is content being a homo but a trans is a homo who wants to call himself a hetero so he grows a pair of tits and slices off the little lad.

Does a homo think a trans is crazy.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 pm

Youngdan, a level of decorum, if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm

No youngdan. This is not how we're going to play this one.

I'm suggesting that YOU do the research and inform yourself before you post something. Not that you ask me and I do the research for you. That's not how it works. Dictionary.com might be a good start...

It's for your own good...
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:19 pm

I could use breasts and penis but I don't want to offend Kate so I will use the inoffensive term "little lad" to describe the male member. I do not know how to describe the mammaries because if I called them jugs she might be offended as well
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 pm

youngdan your posts are hardly productive.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Laughing Laughing If you want to use breasts and penis I won't get in your way. I'm very broadminded, as my mother-in-law always claims on her own behalf.

Your language won't offend me either, youngdan.

Meanwhile you could get on with your studies.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 pm

I dread to think what conversations you are having with your mother-in-law...
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Careful now Dan, I was banned off P.ie for use of the word 'mickey'. If cookiemonster sees this thread he may well spontaneously combust. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Does cookie have problems with mickeys?
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Quote :
However, one of the first cases we studied about EU equal treatment laws regarded a transexual. Upon mention of the word "transexual" by the lecturer the class started laughing, which really bothered me. These are mature and intelligent people, and obviously there would be no such laughter at the mention of the word "gay" or "disabled". It would appear that in some respects we still have a long way to go.

I think they laugh for the same reasons that school kids laugh when they hear the word 'gay'. They don't understand and their shock-response is to laugh. I'm not sure that their reaction is borne out of intolerance.

Lads, take yerselves off to the Sibín please... for the sake of ecu's thread.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Why didn't you just answer the simple questions.

I have just googled transexual to find a video and I am after getting such a shock that I need to lie down. This big black lad with an awful thing and a big pair of tits was at woefull devilment with another thing that I don't know what it was except it had bright orange hair like the basketball player Denis Rodman who was married to Madonna had.

I refuse to link because whatever was going on must be a felony.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Do you regularly search without the content filter on youngdan?
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 pm

youngdan wrote:
Why didn't you just answer the simple questions.

Because I won't always be here to hold your hand. And for your own good, I'd like to see you empowered to make informed posts. It's only because I care, youngdan.

Quote :
I have just googled transexual to find a video and I am after getting such a shock that I need to lie down. This big black lad with an awful thing and a big pair of tits was at woefull devilment with another thing that I don't know what it was except it had bright orange hair like the basketball player Denis Rodman who was married to Madonna had.

I refuse to link because whatever was going on must be a felony.

I write this in a hotel lobby, shaking with laughter and with tears coming down my cheeks. Small children at a wedding are keeping a safe distance.

Why did you look for a video, you big eejit? I told you to start with the dictionary.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:11 am

John, you are not dealing with the most savy when it comes to computers and I don't know a content filter from an oil filter.

For everyone's best interests I am not exploring this topic anymore and had my wife seen that video it would surely have had unknown consequences.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 am

So, somebody wants to alter their body to suit their mindset. Get on with it. More power to your elbow in that medical practices make this possible. There are many more major problems in the world. Why does this have to become some political football where the good guys sit around the camp fire singing commbyaya or something and the bad guys think its a bit humourous. Time to stop the self absorption so beloved of the PC brigade and put things into perspective. Are there really just ad hoc measurements of human advancement that the PC brigade decide is worry á la the good ship Enterprise? If so, they're doing a lousy job. There's much more inequality abounding amidst the world than the touchy-feely cause celebre measurements that are really just bound up by: "if you don't think like us, your wrong."
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:43 am

youngdan wrote:

2. Is a transsexual and a trangender the same specimen.

No youngdan, a sex is very much about the biological aspect of your sexual identity. Your sex would be the biological fact about your sexual identity. If you were biologically a man, your sex would be male and similarly for a woman. However, you can feel like a woman (cue Shania Twain) while still being biologically male. This is where gender comes in, it is the sociological and social aspect of your sexual identity. If you socially identify as female, your gender is female and similarly if you identify as male. Eddie Izzard, draq queens and La Cage aux Folles would all be examples of people you traverse the genders.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 am

johnfás wrote:

Do I?
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:34 am

cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Do I?

I think you do. I recommend you consult your GP.
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:47 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Do I?

I only have the one, is that not normal?
Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:02 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Do I?

I only have the one, is that not normal?

The Recommended Adult Amount is 1.7.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irish intolerance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish intolerance   Irish intolerance Empty

Back to top Go down

Irish intolerance
Page 1 of 1