Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die Empty
PostSubject: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 am

Jade Goody is dying. That is clear from the news her doctors have revealed. Her cancer has spread. At this stage one of her doctors said she would be unlikely to live 12 months, and the new treatment she has started is only about prolonging her life, maybe for a month or two, to give her more time with her children. Within three months she will be on borrowed time.

I have never been a fan of the woman. I thought her a louthmouth chav with no talent or ability. But it is horrifying to see her suffer a slow agonising death from cancer. And my heart goes out to her young children. I too lost my mother in childhood from a form of cancer. I still grieve for her over 30 years later.

What sickens me though is the behaviour of some websites towards the now effectively inevitable death of a young woman and mother. Websites have sprung up celebrating her impending death. One example is http://whenwilljadegoodydie.com where posters can predict when she will die. It is a sickening and twisted idea, celebrating the death of anyone.

And the fear would be that some of her family, maybe even one of her children, might stumble across such a site.

It makes one wonder about some of the twisted people on the internet who create web sites like that.

Like her or loathe her, the fact is that Jade Goody is dying and will leave her sons without a mother. To use her death to gloat defies belief. I may not have been a fan of hers, but for all her faults she was light years ahead of the sick fucks celebrating her impending death. And in its own tragic way, her slow death from a killer disease may end up saving thousands of lives of young women by showing them the risks of not reacting early to symptoms, just as the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in a car accident because she did not wear a seatbelt (the only person in the accident who did, survived) sent seatbelt-wearing in the UK sky-rocketing and is thought to have saved tens of thousands of lives.

In an Irish context, it also reminds us of the sickening stupidity of Mary Harney's decision to cancel plans to inoculate young girls against that most easily preventable forms of cancer, one of the very few where an inoculation works. And of the misguided parents who for so-called 'moral reasons wanted to refuse their daughters the inoculation. Do they really want their daughters to die aged 27 too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:00 am

Jane Goody I always found a warm and good humoured person who was much abused and used by the media but who had the energy and nerve to make a career out of it just the same. So far as I can see, the racism charge was unfair: Shilpa Shetty would have driven a saint mad.

I'm very sorry she's so ill, how sad she must be at the thought of leaving her children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:46 am

Terrible website. You know for all the good the internet has done, its has to be said that in giving space to sad bastards like the this, it has helped strip some of the decency away from modern life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:22 am

shutuplaura wrote:
Terrible website. You know for all the good the internet has done, its has to be said that in giving space to sad bastards like the this, it has helped strip some of the decency away from modern life.

I don't really agree: in the 16th century she would have had the mob at the door throwing sh1t at the windows. People are people. Empathy is down to hormones, as is the kind of agression that wants to pull people down. To be visible is a crime. The other side of it is I expect a lot of people love her to bits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:23 am

The internet has created an expolsion in publishing. More people are publishing their opinions, views and what-not than ever before. Its also so much easier to do so, and as far as I know relatively cheap. Therefore the opinions pf people, opinions which people might before have kept to themselves or restricted to the back of a jacks door are now reaching a wide audience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 am

It's a vicious, stupid little website. It'll probably be treated with the contempt it deserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 pm

It might be an idea to remove the link as all you're doing do is providing them with traffic and probably google revenue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 11:03 pm

As someone who doesn't watch tv and doesn't read Hello or Heat, I know very little about the much maligned Ms Goody but I'm sorry that she's unwell.

However, on the subject of celebrating death, there was a superb documentary on Radio 1 on Sunday night on that topic. You can listen to it by going into the radio section on rte and following the links to the documentaries.

Quote :

DOCUMENTARIES BROADCAST IN 2009
WITH THESE HANDS - 1st February 2009
This radio documentary is based around Eric Roche's life, music and the relationship he had with his brother Bryan. It is told, not only by the words and thoughts of Bryan, but also by the myriad of recordings that Eric left behind. Eric recorded 3 albums and countless live gigs. 'With these Hands' combines these elements with the, now priceless, recordings that Bryan had made, both of and with, his big brother Eric as they grew up in 1970/80's Tralee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die   Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick website predicting when Jade Goody will die
Page 1 of 1