Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.   Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:36 pm

youngdan wrote:
Veterans freeze to death all the time on the street back here

Surely they are treated better than that? I mean, surely the regime that was in place for the last 8 years could show its appreciation better for the efforts of those military personnel in "The War to Prop up Halliburton's Share Price"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.   Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm

I surely, unless I am mistaken that is the approoiate answer. When Chenet was asked why he was not in The Service for the jungle tour he replied that at the time he had other commitments.

Troops are mules ripe for skinning. Bush, being a bit light on his toes shall we say, wanted to be seen as a pilot. Clinton on the other hand hated the military and halved it's size.

Obama, is worse that both combined.

Time for a song to cheer me up here as the coldest January in memory wraps up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3319967978568410735
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.   Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 8:17 pm

The military seldom get treated well. This is a virtual constant in history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.   Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 pm

youngdan wrote:

Time for a song to cheer me up here as the coldest January in memory wraps up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3319967978568410735

Something to warm the cockles of your heart?

Clever bit of cutting in that video - I'm sure even our homosexual friends would be amused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.   Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking after our elderly, pensioners etc.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: World Politics and Events-
Jump to: