Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I've been reading Sameh A. Habeeb's blog for the last while. He is a journalist based in Gaza and sends daily updates via facebook and his blog - http://gazatoday.blogspot.com/
He welcomes everyone to sign up to his facebook.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
I was in Tescos yesterday and was shocked to see how much produce in the fruit/veg dept was from Israel. How about starting a Boycott Tesco campaign?
The Israelis need it

Is their economy pumped up by American money though and other industries? Agriculture must be a massive part of it though. The Americans can't be giving the No racist incitement thanks. -- Audi Mod too much money now with the state they are in.


Last edited by Auditor #9 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:34 pm

I have absolutely no idea how to post something as a pdf but here's a letter....


Dear manager,

As I am sure you are aware, Israel is currently in a conflict with the Palestinian people in Gaza. This conflict has resulted in over 1,000 deaths of Palestinian civilians in less than 20 days. That is on average 50 people a day, many of them women and children.

They have been using cluster bombs, white phosporus and sheer terrror to crush and destroy innocent people.

I am shocked and horrified to see that your store is selling Israeli fruit and vegetables and therefore supporting this regime.

It is because of this that I have chosen to no longer shop in your store until this is rectified. I will also be encouraging all my friends and family to do the same.

Regards
Etc
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:41 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
I have absolutely no idea how to post something as a pdf but here's a letter....


Dear manager,

As I am sure you are aware, Israel is currently in a conflict with the Palestinian people in Gaza. This conflict has resulted in over 1,000 deaths of Palestinian civilians in less than 20 days. That is on average 50 people a day, many of them women and children.

They have been using cluster bombs, white phosporus and sheer terrror to crush and destroy innocent people.

I am shocked and horrified to see that your store is selling Israeli fruit and vegetables and therefore supporting this regime.

It is because of this that I have chosen to no longer shop in your store until this is rectified. I will also be encouraging all my friends and family to do the same.

Regards
Etc

That's good. A photograph too might help to explain to them why people feel so strongly.

I used to know how to make a pdf. and put it on a thread, but I've forgotten. Have you time to link to the instructions Auditor #9 ? I would do up a letter with a photo then, or floatingingalway could.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Pat Kenny just said that an unconfirmed report is on the wires that the U.N. HQ in Gaza has been hit by White Phosphorus bombs. Half of the Israeli nation should be relocated to The Hague if true.

Or the U.N. properly white phosphorus bombed and put out of its useless misery once and for all.
Here is the latest on that - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5521925.ece
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:44 pm

cactus flower wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:
I have absolutely no idea how to post something as a pdf but here's a letter....


Dear manager,

As I am sure you are aware, Israel is currently in a conflict with the Palestinian people in Gaza. This conflict has resulted in over 1,000 deaths of Palestinian civilians in less than 20 days. That is on average 50 people a day, many of them women and children.

They have been using cluster bombs, white phosporus and sheer terrror to crush and destroy innocent people.

I am shocked and horrified to see that your store is selling Israeli fruit and vegetables and therefore supporting this regime.

It is because of this that I have chosen to no longer shop in your store until this is rectified. I will also be encouraging all my friends and family to do the same.

Regards
Etc

That's good. A photograph too might help to explain to them why people feel so strongly.

I used to know how to make a pdf. and put it on a thread, but I've forgotten. Have you time to link to the instructions Auditor #9 ? I would do up a letter with a photo then, or floatingingalway could.

Suitable photo here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/illuminating9_11/3193937580/
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Just to make things even easier, here's the relevant email address - customer.services@tesco.ie
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Sent! I'll keep you posted on any response.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Thank you for taking the time to contact Tesco
Ireland. Your email will be processed as soon as possible.


While it is not possible to respond to all
emails directly, please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to the
relevant Department within our organisation.

Should you have further need of assistance
please do not hesitate to contact us on
Freephone
1800248123.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: US made phosphorus bombs used in Gaza   Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:15 pm

The TImes site is very informative:

Quote :
Human Rights Watch said it was sure Israel had used white phosphorus. “The use of white phosphorus in densely populated areas of Gaza violates the requirement under international humanitarian law to take all feasible precautions to avoid civilian injury and loss of life,” it said.

Further research by The Times into the type of US-made shells being fired by Israeli gunners on the border with Gaza uncovered additional evidence that the light blue munitions, known as M825A1s, are carriers of white phosphorus, impregnated in more than 100 felt wedges.

The lot number – PB-91J011-002A – visible in a photograph published by The Times last week indicates that the shells being used by the IDF were assembled in September 1991 at Pine Bluff arsenal in America, where all US white phosphorus munitions are reportedly made. The contractors are Chamberlain Manufacturing [metal parts only], General Dynamics, and Ordnance and Tactical Systems.

"A small phosphorus bomb burn can cause cardiac problems leading to death within a few days" (link posted previously).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 pm

The same Times site says that the Israeli air force bombed a graveyard yesterday in which victims of the bombing had been buried.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:

I used to know how to make a pdf. and put it on a thread, but I've forgotten. Have you time to link to the instructions Auditor #9 ? I would do up a letter with a photo then, or floatingingalway could.

I can do that but only on the main home computer. Going for lunch at 1, need to leave here in 20 minutes, so don't know if I could get it done before then. Could manage it by mid afternoon though. Do you just want a pdf people can download with that letter and a photo attached?

Christian Aid always have good forms for this sort of thing - if you click here you an e-mail Gordon Brown via them http://act.christianaid.org.uk/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=48&ea.campaign.id=2193
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:15 pm

"Phosphorus fires burning in Gaza" - UN

CNN report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0csWb8KgII
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 pm

johnfás wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

I used to know how to make a pdf. and put it on a thread, but I've forgotten. Have you time to link to the instructions Auditor #9 ? I would do up a letter with a photo then, or floatingingalway could.

I can do that but only on the main home computer. Going for lunch at 1, need to leave here in 20 minutes, so don't know if I could get it done before then. Could manage it by mid afternoon though. Do you just want a pdf people can download with that letter and a photo attached?

Christian Aid always have good forms for this sort of thing - if you click here you an e-mail Gordon Brown via them http://act.christianaid.org.uk/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=48&ea.campaign.id=2193

That's exactly it johnfas - but I want to do a letter to politicians as well, asking them to sever diplomatic relations with Israel, for emailing and or printing, for anyone who wants to send it.
I'll write the letter up and post it here.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm doing the one to tesco up now... it has the ability to print so you can bring it anywhere or a button to e-mail so that it is e-mailed directly to tesco. I'll have it up in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Does this download ok?

http://www.filesavr.com/tescoform
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:37 pm

elaine, who registered yesterday, taped this report from Sky showing the same report by the UN bombed with phosphorus, the fires from which can only be put out with sand


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y4OakRMghc


johnfás wrote:
Does this download ok?

http://www.filesavr.com/tescoform
It downloads for me fine johnfás

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:
I was in Tescos yesterday and was shocked to see how much produce in the fruit/veg dept was from Israel. How about starting a Boycott Tesco campaign?
The Israelis need it

Is their economy pumped up by American money though and other industries? Agriculture must be a massive part of it though. The Americans can't be giving the No racist incitement thanks. -- Audi Mod too much money now with the state they are in.

A boycott of Israeli goods would be a better idea. However, perhaps to make it effective, a threat to boycott shops that stock Israeli goods is necessary.

Are there no petitions to that effect?

I note the one to Gordon Brown above but is there nothing financial and local?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:51 pm

I just uploaded a letter Kev Bar, fill it in and click submit and whisk it'll be off to Tesco.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:52 pm

The news today (France 24 and Al J.) is that

- hospitals all along the strip have been shelled
- the UNWRA depot was hit by 5 phosphorus shells and is on fire (supplies and fuel)
- the press centre has been shelled
- 19 mosques have been hit
- a cemetary containing recently buried bodies was bombed.

No one has electricity, few people have running water, there seems to be very little food and it isn't safe to go looking for it. Tens of thousands of people have been bombed out of their homes and have no where to go. The whole Strip is under a grey layer of phosphorus and smoke that looks like cloud cover, even though it is a clear day. Foreign press are not allowed in and local press have been shelled.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Everything OK, cactus? You have posted that 3 times.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8797

This is how to email Micheal Martin, He has made a strong statement today condemning the bombing of UNWRA.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:57 pm

If you could get a list separated by commas of the e-mails of every member of the Oireachtas it would be easy enough to create a form to email them all.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Yes thanks johnfás, a little technical glitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out   

Back to top Go down
 
Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» John Paul 2 live tomb webcam/ ritual prayers/ vial of blood stolen
» WHITE AND PURPLE DRESS
» PERSON DRESSED IN WHITE IN MY STUDIO!
» Pure White Feather
» Black and White and Shades of Grey Thinking

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: World Politics and Events-
Jump to: