Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Great MN posts of 2009

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:23 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Well, my view of Ronald Binge's post is that I don't agree with the content, and said so beyond, but it conveys his feelings very clearly and he took time out to put them down comprehensively. It was also entirely on topic in terms of the thread - Ireland's biggest weaknesses. Did he post into the Strengths as well I wonder? Is anyone who disagrees with it going to answer it in full? i hope so.
As he says himself, his post is based entirely on his perception & his experience.
How can you or why would you argue against someone’s perceptions, he offers no factual evidence, nor in fairness does he make a more general claim for his notions, other than being his notions.
He feels what he feels, beginning, middle and end of his story.

He not only tells us how he feels, but also tells us how (he believes) we, the Irish, feel.
And as I already said one possible explanation for his perception of the “Irish” is that the alternative of admitting to himself the possibility that in fact it’s actually “Johnny” who is out of step, is too appalling a vista to contemplate. If this is the case, he wouldn’t be on his own there.

Don't worry tonys, read the first section. I've acknowledged that FF are the default government here so you should be pleased with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:26 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
If I was a self-loathing f**k with very little idea of where I am and where I came from I'd thoroughly agree with Ronald......what utter shit.

Thanks for my new signature Smile Actually no, that would become boring. I have a very good idea about where I come from going back at least four generations on both sides of my family in different parts of Ireland but why should I go over my family history in any detail for strangers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Well, my view of Ronald Binge's post is that I don't agree with the content, and said so beyond, but it conveys his feelings very clearly and he took time out to put them down comprehensively. It was also entirely on topic in terms of the thread - Ireland's biggest weaknesses. Did he post into the Strengths as well I wonder? Is anyone who disagrees with it going to answer it in full? i hope so.
As he says himself, his post is based entirely on his perception & his experience.
How can you or why would you argue against someone’s perceptions, he offers no factual evidence, nor in fairness does he make a more general claim for his notions, other than being his notions.
He feels what he feels, beginning, middle and end of his story.

He not only tells us how he feels, but also tells us how (he believes) we, the Irish, feel.
And as I already said one possible explanation for his perception of the “Irish” is that the alternative of admitting to himself the possibility that in fact it’s actually “Johnny” who is out of step, is too appalling a vista to contemplate. If this is the case, he wouldn’t be on his own there.

Don't worry tonys, read the first section. I've acknowledged that FF are the default government here so you should be pleased with that.
Unfortunately for me I read the whole whinge fest.
As I expressed many times before the last election I would have been happy enough for FF to have been out of Government this time around, they are stale and like any party, every so often they need time in opposition to revitalize themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:26 am

Well, no one forced you to read it tonys. Smile This is my truth, tell me yours as the song says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
Well, no one forced you to read it tonys. Smile This is my truth, tell me yours as the song says.
Well no one forced me to come on this site, but as I’m here I figured I might as well read other people’s posts. What do you think of my reasoning so far?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:42 am

EVM must be relieved that there is plenty of distraction from the matter of his "Moon" post. Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 pm

From Foreign Exchange Watch:
Auditor #9 wrote:
So we're expecting the Punt Sterling to go BOOM soon then with all the printing that they will be doing ? I see an initial period of boom shopping where even people from New York fly into Newry to avail of the cheapo prices of everything. I'd go shopping there myself but I don't think it would be worth the trek from Clare unless Newry had the same climate as Zimbabwe.

After the initial firesale I don't know what will happen... Inventory will have been cleaned out and paying to restock will be the issue I suppose. The Irish consumer economy should be further affected as SuperQuinn today have been through job losses of around 400.

To restock there will have to be more money printed unless there is genuine continuous demand balanced by the exact quantity printed, but this might start to fail as the UK cheap domino falls on Border businesses here. The broke Border region will then fall back on Newry and the next phase will be Lidl and Aldi booming. After that is exhausted people will have to forage for nuts and berries.

The Border region could become desolate and devoid of any real commerce, like West Clare, and perhaps people will leave the BMW region and flood back into cities here ? Maybe Dublin or Galway could experience another minor property boom as the devastation ripples out from Her Majesty's Secret Photocopying Machine ?

Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 Bloomb12
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies/fxc.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:13 am

youngdan wrote:
Yes it is Audi.

For a bill to become law this is what happens. Either a house representative or senator will think it up. It must pass both houses so he must get a lad in the other chamber to introduce asimiliar bill. A representative will go to the house and ask anyone that he thinks agrees with him to co-sponsor the bill and the more guys from the other party that co-sponsors the better. Depending on the bill you have sometimes very different people signing on. One gambling bill had Ron Paul and the extreme communist Barney Frank(dem) co-sponsoring.

The bill is introduced into committee. If it is say a financial bill then it will be looked at by the financial committee. It must get past there first before the entire house votes on it and many bills don't get that far.

Even if the bill has a majority in both chambers it can be fillibustered in the Senate. This is where a senator might talk about a bill for months and it never goes to a vote. To prevent this needs 60 votes and the dems at the moment have 59 just short of the magic number...

After it passes both chambers the wording of each bill is changed so that the house and senate version isexact and it is sent to the President to sign. He may veto it. To overrule him andforce him to sign the Senate must have 67 votes or 2/3 majority.

Don't be fooled by the Jive talk on bonuses. While he is spoofing about bonuses Geithner is standing beside him after getting hundreds of millions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great MN posts of 2009   Great MN posts of 2009 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Great MN posts of 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2