Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Bertie for President

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bertie for President - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:40 am

shutuplaura wrote:
Yeah I can't see him getting it. All labour and FG would have to do is agree on a compramise candidate which would surely attract enough support to nughe him out. And thats if his populatity hasn't been affected by the mahon tribunal and a re-thinking of his years as taoiseach. I'd personally like to see him run and fail to get elected but to be honest wouldn't care too much if he did get it. He'd be harmless as president.

Thats more or less my thinking although on a point of principal it would be galling to have him collect 20,000 a month from the taxpayers on top of his pensions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Ahern could do irreparable damage as president. The office is really that of salesperson in chief for Ireland inc. He would have NO scruples about using the office in any way he saw fit. Ahern's problem is he is seething with rage not to have carried off his various nefarious activities without being discovered, but most especially with his winsome, lovable-rogue profile intact. He is bordering on psychotic about this and has been incredibly undignified since resigning - the constant PR offensives via Terry Prone and the like in the media are hugely disloyal to his own party and a matter of personal score settling where Cowen is concerned: ergo the Sindo (Bertie's fan club newsletter) running a series of 'bring back Bertie' shitery for several weeks running.
The Prsidency for Ahern would be nothing more than a way to rose tint the final account, to airbrush the Mahon thing out of the picure or at least make it seem trivial. He must NEVER be allowed to get his hands on it, though Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Aragon wrote:
Ahern could do irreparable damage as president. The office is really that of salesperson in chief for Ireland inc. He would have NO scruples about using the office in any way he saw fit. Ahern's problem is he is seething with rage not to have carried off his various nefarious activities without being discovered, but most especially with his winsome, lovable-rogue profile intact. He is bordering on psychotic about this and has been incredibly undignified since resigning - the constant PR offensives via Terry Prone and the like in the media are hugely disloyal to his own party and a matter of personal score settling where Cowen is concerned: ergo the Sindo (Bertie's fan club newsletter) running a series of 'bring back Bertie' shitery for several weeks running.
The Prsidency for Ahern would be nothing more than a way to rose tint the final account, to airbrush the Mahon thing out of the picure or at least make it seem trivial. He must NEVER be allowed to get his hands on it, though Evil or Very Mad

Aragon I know you are an anarchist, or at least you have tendancies in that direction judging by previous posts. Why have repsect for an institution where a heavy weight is afforded status as first citizen? I personally find the idea repugnant and a harking back to alpha-male times.

What if Ahern disgraced that office with his financial irregularities? It may cause people in Ireland to rethink the very need for the office of presidency at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Have you heard?

Prince william and kate middleton may get engaged this week.
Oh goodie!
Meanwhile Bertie will be on the Late Late and aint that great!
The lives of our betters is so interesting isnt it? Bertie's story is a fairy tale come true. From rags to riches, he showed what a free and open society Ireland is. And now he is royalty, with a super-intelligent daughter who can write literature and another one who's so beautiful that she's married to a rock star. Ho Ho he just has it all doesnt he?
The lives of the wealthy and the successfull are there to be admired.
They are an example to all and deserve all the tax payers money they get. Afterall if we didnt pay them they become angered and leave us in our mediocrity.

Bah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Humbug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Norris for the Áras! Norris for the Áras! Norris for the Áras!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

You could do far, far worse. (Read the thread title Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Indeed. I'd love to help his campaign in 2011, it'd be some day when a gay Protestant becomes Head of State in the Republic of Ireland. Plus, he's an old Trinity boy and that's always good. We'd have had two Philsters in the Áras then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Indeed. I'd love to help his campaign in 2011, it'd be some day when a gay Protestant becomes Head of State in the Republic of Ireland. Plus, he's an old Trinity boy and that's always good. We'd have had two Philsters in the Áras then!

David would be certainly popular and would bring something fresh to the job. After 20 years of Prez Mary in one form or another, we need something different. Constitutional lawyers are well and good but 20 years is enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

David would be certainly popular and would bring something fresh to the job. After 20 years of Prez Mary in one form or another, we need something different. Constitutional lawyers are well and good but 20 years is enough.

David would be simply fabulous darling! David for Prez!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:11 am

Aragon wrote:

I dunno, he seems to be popular enough with world leaders. He did address congress and parliment. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy at all, but I reckon it would be no worse than some of the other geriatrics we've sent to the park.

But yes, Norris would be my No 1 if he ran. He'd never get in though but then the best candidate often doesn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:38 am

Respvblica wrote:
shutuplaura wrote:
Yeah I can't see him getting it. All labour and FG would have to do is agree on a compramise candidate which would surely attract enough support to nughe him out. And thats if his populatity hasn't been affected by the mahon tribunal and a re-thinking of his years as taoiseach. I'd personally like to see him run and fail to get elected but to be honest wouldn't care too much if he did get it. He'd be harmless as president.

Thats more or less my thinking although on a point of principal it would be galling to have him collect 20,000 a month from the taxpayers on top of his pensions.

It might be well an incentive to run
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bertie for President   Bertie for President - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bertie for President
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2