Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

youngdan's world of wonder

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 12:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj3QAzSWVA4
This fine example of the possible leader of the Free World is self explanatory
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:01 am

If I believed in hereditary genius I would think youngdan must be a direct descendant of Dean Swift
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:07 am

I'm glad I birthed this happy thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:24 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I claim part credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I claim part credit.

Yep, your post was the first on my split list. It's a great creation, isn't it?

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 am

No comment.

(I still don't understand)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:39 am

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/26/democratic-candidate-deb...
View thumbnails Hide thumbnails - Related videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3gQfz8GC0o The truth hurts. Elephant Whole and Odinga's Cousin being unmasked for what they are. Does one laugh or cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:34 pm

An admirable trait in a leader is a firm understanding of issues and a consistant approach to their solution. The republican standard bearer excells. Viva La Lousy Pilot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Smile

I think I've found your vocation. youngdan. This is evolving into your own blog on the world as you see it. Keep at it. I'm with you all the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 pm

What about the comment posted by 4waryears that goes with this fine examination of the god fearing Rev Hagee's favourite son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:13 pm

youngdan wrote:
What about the comment posted by 4waryears that goes with this fine examination of the god fearing Rev Hagee's favourite son.

Tell me that's not your alter ego.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:29 pm

No it is not. I have never posted anywhere except here and P.ie. But I do believe the way McCain and Gingrich treated their ill wives and how Gulliani announced his breakup in a news conference which was the first his wife knew about it should have disqualified them from office forever. Rev Pat Robertson endorseing a heathen like Rudy was almost enough to knock some sense into the skulls of his foolish flock. Hagee I believe is expecting the rapture to happen at any moment and a major tenit of this idealogy is the necessity of the Battle of Armageddan taking place as in the Book of Revelations. To say that these guys are fruitcakes is a slander on the baking profession
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:32 pm

youngdan wrote:
No it is not. I have never posted anywhere except here and P.ie. But I do believe the way McCain and Gingrich treated their ill wives and how Gulliani announced his breakup in a news conference which was the first his wife knew about it should have disqualified them from office forever. Rev Pat Robertson endorseing a heathen like Rudy was almost enough to knock some sense into the skulls of his foolish flock. Hagee I believe is expecting the rapture to happen at any moment and a major tenit of this idealogy is the necessity of the Battle of Armageddan taking place as in the Bock of Revelations. To say that these guys are fruitcakes is a slander on the baking profession

Very Happy

We have crooks over here in Ireland while they have mad yokes over in the USA. Gingrich and Guiliani have been through some amount of wives. I'll never forget the chart the Economist made of how many wives the Republican candidates had. Guiliani lead the field while "polygamist" Mormon Mitt Romney stayed faithful to one! So ist das Leben.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNi7tPanUA This is the Holy Man of which we speak. Who needs lightweights like the The Dalai Lama when we
have beacons of hope in the land of sin such as Rev Hagee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Here is a good statistic that your comment brings to mind. After spending 65 million dollars Rudy ended up with 3 times as many wives as delagates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 am

youngdan wrote:
Here is a good statistic that your comment brings to mind. After spending 65 million dollars Rudy ended up with 3 times as many wives as delagates.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is platinum comedy! Very good, youngdan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 am

Getting back to the Lousy Pilot. This happy tale could not be posted yesterday as it would be taken for a prank. There is an article in the US Constitution which states that the President must be a natural born American. This straightforward condition was a bit of a problem for The Lousy Pilot as he was born in Panama in 1935. Fortunately a high level bipartisan legal pair of experts ruled in his favour as related here, www.gopusa.com/news/2008/march/0328_mccain_birth.shtml - 38k The republican was the ex solicitor general Ted Olson and the Democrat was the Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe. As luck would have it I have found a clip of Olson which is recent, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiv2g27xbfs Some may remember that Olson's wife Barbara, who was a wellknown Fox tv commentator was on the plane that flew into the Pentagon. Ted said that he got 2 calls from her that had major implications but there are questions about them and the FBI say they never occurred. This happy tale is related here www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=GRI20080401&articleId=8514 - 9 hours ago - Similar pages . This real life fable even has a happy ending as Ted soon recovered from his deep grief and is now married to wife number 4 whose age I don't know but she is described as a Southern Girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Apparently this didn't happen - there is allegations of it being faked, a hoax.

Chief Yellow Jacket, exit stage right btw. Only 165 more gerbils to go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm

I just checked the wall Street Journal site to be 100% sure and Olson joined McCains campaign in February. There are likely plenty of clips of Olson singing the praises of The Lousy Pilot. Both Fox and CNN and the networks like to have lads pretending to be independent commentaters when in fact they are maxed out contributors at the least and sometimes paid campaign people. Bill Bennett, David Gergen and now even Carl Rove are on tv. The important points in the tale is that McCains lackey was involved in the decision about his birthplace and the fact that he seems to have just made up the story about the calls from his famous wife just to be on tv playing the victim. This is similiar to the fairy tale Elephant Whole spun about the snipers in Bosnia. Both stories were just made up for dramatic effect. Olson's story is critical because to the best of my knowledge it gave rise to the line about the boxcutters as being the weapons. He potrays the people on board as being all brought to the back of the plane including the pilots. This is a grave injustice to the chief pilot who according to his brother was a big exboxer who would easily have fended off a small man with a boxcutter before giving up his plane. To believe hyjackers would arm themselves with boxcutters when the same risk is involved with getting small firearms on board makes no sense at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:19 am

Obama recently got into a spot of bother because his pastor said some things that were very un pc. So at great personnel sacrifice I went into Clinton country in Harlem to find a pastor who spoke for the opposing side. This spiritual man of God spoke eloquently for Hillary Clinton. Hallilua. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8982564001391352362
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:01 am

youngdan wrote:

youngdan appears to have the notion that a casual approach to personal relationships is a bad sign in a politician. I once started a thread on P.ie that suggested that Bertie's first defence "my separation" appeared to rely on a consensus that no reasonable man would have transparent finances at such a time. I suggested Miriam might want to revisit the terms of her separation in the light of the additional moneys that were coming to light. i was firstly reminded that B and M are not divorced, and then taken to task vigorously by one and all for my Shocking Bad Taste in dragging the wimmin into it.

However my main point, that Bertie had an appalling record in his behaviour towards women, was not taken up. In the end, his contemptuous and self serving silence in the face of poor Ms Carruth's ordeal did for him.

I feel that the personal behaviour of politicians is not what we elect them for, it is very unwise to ignore serious cases of recidivist bad behaviour, as they do tell us something about the character of the person we are dealing with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 am

cf wrote
Quote :
However my main point, that Bertie had an appalling record in his behaviour towards women, was not taken up. In the end, his contemptuous and self serving silence in the face of poor Ms Carruth's ordeal did for him.

I feel that the personal behaviour of politicians is not what we elect them for, it is very unwise to ignore serious cases of recidivist bad behaviour, as they do tell us something about the character of the person we are dealing with.

I can't agree with you on this when it come to personal relationships.

It's evident that the separation between Bertie and Miriam was amicable, he's still on very good terms with his daughters who don't, apparently, hate him because of their separation (as is often the case). He doesn't appear to have been a monster husband. Whatever else he may be villified for, he doesn't deserve to be criticised because his marriage broke down.

I'm also not sure that we can assume that someone having a number of wives/ husbands is evidence of some nasty flaw in their character - particularly in an American context. They view relationships in a very different way than we do.

If Gráinne Carruth had been Gregory Carruth, I don't think that Ahern's behaviour would have been materially different. So the issue is less about how he treats the women in his life than about how he treats those who work with and for him.

While issues of tax, corruption and payments are fair game for criticism in terms of public figures, their personal relationships are not.

The term 'serious cases of recidivist bad behaviour' is very strong. I wonder if you have examples of it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:35 am

Oh dear. I can see I am in for another pasting. I don't think we are going to agree on this. Neither do I want to go into the detail of what I found distasteful about in Bertie's behaviour. I will let it rest by saying that the Me Fein rule seemed to me to have applied consistently in all aspects of his life, and that I think his resignation speech claim to have never put anything but country first was self serving twaddle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 am

Let it rest if you wish; I certainly have no intention of 'pasting' you or your arguments.

In the catalogue of evil politicians his offences, while significant in their own right, pale into insignificance when you consider the Mé Féinism of Mugabe, the king of Swaziland, Pol Pot, etc.

And if we were to punish everyone who lives their lives by the Mé Féin rule, who would escape whipping? Still Bertie is no martyr.

Leaving aside the personal finance issues, there are those who would argue that he is responsible for closing the deal that has brought about peace in Northern Ireland, he has brought considerable economic peace through partnership and through his role when Ireland held the EU presidency showed that Ireland can be a considerable political and negotiating power. You could argue those points. It's undeniable however, that he brought the office of the taoiseach into every home in the country through his affable, accessible way of doing political business. He's not a political crank. He has never done hissy fits.

Anyone in Bertie's position would probably have behaved in a similar way when his mother was buried, I'm not sure that he deserves great praise for that even if it merits a degree of admiration. But I was interested to hear Mary Harney describe his dedication to the work by phoning her at 5.30am when he might have been speaking to her at 11.30pm the night before. I recently heard a close political adviser of Tony Blair speaking on Ryan Tubridy's programme saying that Blair had none of that intensity of engagement with the task.

Olivia O'Leary also made the point in her radio column yesterday that the prospect of Bertie being 'at home' is an unusual one because he has always been working. To accuse him of pure Mé Féinism is stretching the bounds of credibility.

I'm not a Bertie apologist but I think it's important to be fair in assessing him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:04 pm

We are at a few levels down in behaviour here when I talk of dumping the missus. This separation of Bertie seems to be just a failed marriage which happens in life.. I refer to Gingrich who is supposed to have given the divorce papers to his wife while she was in hospital with cancer. This happened the day after she had surgery for cancer of the Uterus. Then they pick a woman who is generations younger than them. Fred Thompsons new babe was only 24 years longer than him. McCain wife was dumped for the new model and Rudy did not even have the gumption to tell the wife he was tossing her until he spilled the beans at a press conference. More of Rudy's kids voted against him than for him. He needs a good pastor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: youngdan's world of wonder   youngdan's world of wonder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

youngdan's world of wonder
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next