Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What to do with the extra second ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What to do with the extra second ? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

I expect you have heard by now that there will be an extra second tonight at midnight, to correct clocks for the slightly slower spinning of the earth on its axis.

Any thoughts about what to do with the extra second, which is an unexpected temporal windfall. Perhaps a moment of quiet reflection, an extra long midnight kiss, or boxing the ears of an enemy?

Ideas please. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Slap a leftie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 8:26 pm

I think an extra second's sleep will do me well.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Travel the world really quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:17 am

Redolently ponder the essential ephemeral existential exegence of the contemporary socio-economic milieu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:30 am

Fart or burp, I just can't decide.

I don't like the idea that we are being given an extra second, by our lords and masters the clocks. Anyone else not bothering their arse to celebrate the daily change of the fucking date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:31 am

905 wrote:
Fart or burp, I just can't decide.

I don't like the idea that we are being given an extra second, by our lords and masters the clocks. Anyone else not bothering their arse to celebrate the daily change of the fucking date?

Boo! It's a capital excuse for a piss-up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:37 am

Oh I'll get pissed, but I can do it at home. Bottle of Buckfast at hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:42 am

905 wrote:
Oh I'll get pissed, but I can do it at home. Bottle of Buckfast at hand.

Buckfast? Gosh, how deplorably common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 12:56 am

It's what students drink. It's wine but here's the twist: it tastes nice! Anyhow, I for one have work to do. Deadlines a looming and all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:02 am

You're a student? I though you were an old man.

It's been years since I drank Buckfast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:05 am

I didn't say I was a student. It's also the drink of bums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 12:11 am

Have sex...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm

threw a dart at a picture of Mary Harney...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with the extra second ?   What to do with the extra second ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with the extra second ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: