Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

OMG! Santy came!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 10:07 am

Did he come to any of yous?
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeh! The two daughters got roller skates and are crashing about the place.
The cat got a jingly toy and the dog got a bone. Lots of books this year and I got a hazel nut tree.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 3:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Yeh! The two daughters got roller skates and are crashing about the place.
The cat got a jingly toy and the dog got a bone. Lots of books this year and I got a hazel nut tree.

Darn!

Never thought of the Cat!

Though I gave her a can of tinned Tuna this morning which she lapped up.

- but there again what can you buy for the cat who has everything?

Everyone else in the Household - a Card with a €100.00 in it.

Me - I'm getting a Mobile Phone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Got trousers, a jumper, lots of waterman cartridges for my fountain pen, some bare essentials, some chocolate, planet earth dvd box set, special anniversary dvd of toy story, a tshirt from Australia, a CD of popular music by the Salvation Army and lots of books: The Audacity of Hope, Bobby Charlton's Biography, Michael Parkinson's Biography, the latest edition of Great Irish Speeches, No Future Without Forgiveness by Desmond Tutu and a New Scientist Book with the answers to peculiar questions.... what a bounty.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:17 am

Remote control helicopter. WooHoo
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:18 am

Oooooooooooo Very Happy

I have a little mini one of those, did you get the real deal?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 am

johnfás wrote:
Oooooooooooo Very Happy

I have a little mini one of those, did you get the real deal?

Wouldn't say it's the real deal. They have petrol engines don't they ? It's quite small. About 15 inches long. Electric motors. Lithium polymer battery (mobile phone size). I get 10 minutes flying time out of a recharge. Hard to fly straight.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:27 am

Yea they're really difficult to get the hang of - great fun though! Hope you don't break anything!!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:34 am

Didn't break it yet. Seems to be a tough little yoke. The dogs are shit scared of it. I've flown it into most walls and trees and stuff in the garden already.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:12 am

Colonies upon colonies of these

OMG! Santy came! Influenza-virus

Thanks Santy. You've moved beyond the bag of soot I see.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:16 am

That was very thoughtful of him...
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 4:00 am

I got a digital camera so you can expect a lot more photos from me in the new year. I also got an "executive golf" set (like an indoor mini pitch'n'putt set) to distract me from my studies and the Great Irish Lives book, which I was delighted with.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:27 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Colonies upon colonies of these

OMG! Santy came! Influenza-virus

Thanks Santy. You've moved beyond the bag of soot I see.

Bad luck Auditor #9

Hope you're feeling a bit better now. Some of these might help.

OMG! Santy came! Oranges_and_juice
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 am

Think you have passed it on to me Audi... I feel yuck! Will have to wrap up very warm at Leopardstown!
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:18 am

johnfás wrote:
Think you have passed it on to me Audi... I feel yuck! Will have to wrap up very warm at Leopardstown!

Last time we went we took a big thermos of turkey stew - very warming. The hot whiskies will be tempting, but unfortunately shoot the immune system to pieces. Sick

Have a good day, johnfás.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:23 am

I'm sitting up in bed with lemsip - mmmmmmm

Morning Coffee
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 12:30 pm

johnfás wrote:
I'm sitting up in bed with lemsip - mmmmmmm

Morning Coffee
I don't know how long the worst of it lasts but it's around 24 hours I think. Hot, cold, sweats, lethargy, cramps, drowsiness, aches in the head, coughing. Then it gets suddenly infectious - the aerosol sneezing of the virus into gathered multitudes in a crowded pub or elsewhere (young people apparently are the 'flu assassins' because they refuse to stay at home in bed but insist instead on making it to crowded areas where they proceed to distribute colonies of the bug aerosol-style through sneezing and coughing).

People can even die johnfás - stay there at home in bed. Lives can hang in the balance.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:49 am

Sorry to hear that a few of you are under the weather.

My only ailment is a self-inflicted one - I've eaten far too much in the last two days, making a pig of myself on three different kinds of stuffing made by my mother-in-law.

A small fortune's worth of booktokens came my way this Christmas, what I will be looking forward to spending...

Is there a worse night to go out than St Stephen's night (apart from New Year's Eve?)
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 am

Are you dragging the makeup on / across the keyboard Kate ?
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:59 am

I just endured two hours watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with my girlfriend's parents - what did I do to deserve that? Add onto that I was feeling ill and struggling to keep my eyes open. I ended up staring at the timer on the DVD player longing for 1 hour 53 minutes to appear on it so I could go home.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 2:10 am

johnfás wrote:
I just endured two hours watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with my girlfriend's parents - what did I do to deserve that? Add onto that I was feeling ill and struggling to keep my eyes open. I ended up staring at the timer on the DVD player longing for 1 hour 53 minutes to appear on it so I could go home.
Jesus that sounds more painful than the flu man. Me, I'd have either fallen asleep (did it on many an occasion) or told them I had a million microscopic entities colonising my lungs and nasal passages getting ready to aerosol themselves at the nearest victims.

You took the stiff upper lip route though ... silent
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 2:10 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Are you dragging the makeup on / across the keyboard Kate ?

Not a bit!! On the couch, in the expandable 'excuse to be fat' pants, and doing a little work - no rest for the wicked.

Poor Johnfás, struggling to stay awake. Apparently everyone who went to my mother's yesterday went to sleep at some stage on some couch or other. Food and snoozes, the order of the season. I think she was quite chuffed at the homeliness of it all - the sprogs come home for Christmas and they and their children pass out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Well I got a few things from Santy myself. I got 50 euro in book tokens, a hoodie, Armani Code, a set of teas from around the world new pyhjamas and a box set of the full, unabridged and glorious series of the West Wing! What a Face
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:30 am

I got the best present of all.
A kidney transplant.

Seriously, I'd been on dialysis for 3 months but was called suddenly at 1am to Dublin a few days before Christmas. An organ had been found!

I'm recovering quite quickly now.

Of course this means that somewhere out there someone, some generous family, is missing a loved one. The organ recipients like me can never properly thank them. But we'll think of them.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 am

OMG! That is great news eoinmn. You've been very patient and uncomplaining about being so unwell. I am delighted for you and wish you a very quick full recovery and a happy relationship with your new kidney. Smile

It must be a comfort to the family concerned too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OMG! Santy came! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG! Santy came!   OMG! Santy came! Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG! Santy came!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Member Events, Notices-
Jump to: