Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Pete St John, who wrote The Fields of Athenry, has written the song that goes with the ads. It's not my kind of thing but it might be catchy enough to embed itself in the consciousness of the nation.

I don't watch tv, so I haven't seen the ads of late but I'd be interested to see the market research which shows how effective they are...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:25 pm

It is good to see that they are taking a different track on them. Most people I know switch the channel when the really gorey ones come on. They served a good purpose but they lost their usefullness after a while. Obviously these ads do little other than raise public awareness, it is in education and a change of attitude to things such as drink driving which makes the real difference, but I would imagine these play a part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:42 pm

Research has shown that ads don't work. Fear of enforcement works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 9:46 pm

link?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign   Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Road Safety Authority Launches New Ad Campaign
Page 1 of 1